Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glasgow gone
(03-17-2020, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agree on many points.  I will add that I don't get Mike Brown's fascination with players that line up furthest from the ball, being the highest priority on his list of people to pay.

I'm kind of old school in the way that I believe that you build a winning team from the "inside out".  Meaning that on offense you want hard-ass interior OL, a couple of tough RBs that can bang and catch the ball, a pair of "bull in the China Shop" TEs with hands of glue.  When you have that, you control the clock and impose your will.  It naturally opens opportunities for players on the edges, who only need to be competent in this offense.

On defense, you want to be strong up the middle and force the action to the edges.  Meaning tough interior DL, emphasis on LBs, and a great pair of Safeties.  If you control the middle of the field, it makes the job of the perimeter defenders so much easier.

I get what you mean, but SF completely gashed the Bengals last season by going outside with their RBs. It was embarrassing. They need edge defense too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 07:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I get what you mean, but SF completely gashed the Bengals last season by going outside with their RBs. It was embarrassing. They need edge defense too.

A great set of LBs and Safeties would put a stop to that shit..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A great set of LBs and Safeties would put a stop to that shit..

It would. Which is why I really was hoping/expecting an upper-tier LB in FA.
With Littleton, Collins, Kirksey, Kwiatkoski, and Van Noy all gone, I don't see any upper-tier LBs left.
Makes me think they address on Day 2 of the draft, but they also need a good starter at LG (don't talk about hopes and dreams of Jordan), so it will be interesting to see how they address everything.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It would. Which is why I really was hoping/expecting an upper-tier LB in FA.
With Littleton, Collins, Kirksey, Kwiatkoski, and Van Noy all gone, I don't see any upper-tier LBs left.
Makes me think they address on Day 2 of the draft, but they also need a good starter at LG (don't talk about hopes and dreams of Jordan), so it will be interesting to see how they address everything.

They have met with a few of linebackers through the draft process. Queen, Murray, AGD, Evans.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote