Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glasgow vs. Price
I was just realizing that these two probably slugged it out more than a few times over the previous years when Glasgow was playing DT at Michigan and Price was a guard at OSU. Should make for some fun practice sessions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was just realizing that these two probably slugged it out more than a few times over the previous years when Glasgow was playing DT at Michigan and Price was a guard at OSU.  Should make for some fun practice sessions.

Honestly didn't think about this, bet we could go back and see some highlights of these guys going at it.

I like Glasgow, tough mean sumbitch. Probably held his own even if Price is a stud.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly didn't think about this, bet we could go back and see some highlights of these guys going at it.

I like Glasgow, tough mean sumbitch. Probably held his own even if Price is a stud.

Price beat his ass up and down the field.... Glasgow was never a factor in the Big Game
Reply/Quote
I see they gave Billy # 53. Apparently Tiger Johnson didn't want to give the franchise's best center ever his college number...... Yeah I said it!! LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 03:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Price beat his ass up and down the field.... Glasgow was never a factor in the Big Game

Well i guess that is why Price is such a stud lol

Doesn't surprise me even if i like Glasgow. Billings is the guy i will be watching this year at DT the most.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i guess that is why Price is such a stud lol

Doesn't surprise me even if i like Glasgow. Billings is the guy i will be watching this year at DT the most.

Man, I certainly hope that Billings shows up well this year.  I know I've been critical of him, likely because I've had such high hopes for him.

And yeah, Priced dominated Glassgow.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i guess that is why Price is such a stud lol

Lol, I just said that, but I never heard of Glasgow before we drafted him.... 
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 03:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Price beat his ass up and down the field.... Glasgow was never a factor in the Big Game

You might want to watch it again.  Michigan had a very tough defense when Glasgow was there.  I will have to go back and see if I can isolate them.  
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 04:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Man, I certainly hope that Billings shows up well this year.  I know I've been critical of him, likely because I've had such high hopes for him.

And yeah, Priced dominated Glassgow.

Same here as you know Sunset, have the highest of high hopes for Billings to be one of the top run stoppers
in the NFL along with the ability to rush the passer if you do not double him. Been a disappointment so far but
i am willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt with the injury.

He will be able to lift this Offseason fully.

(05-11-2018, 04:52 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Lol, I just said that, but I never heard of Glasgow before we drafted him.... 

What you doin messing with me like that Wedge? Whatever

(05-11-2018, 04:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You might want to watch it again.  Michigan had a very tough defense when Glasgow was there.  I will have to go back and see if I can isolate them.  

Thought Michigan was like the top Defense in the nation that year and Glasgow had some to do with that.
Reply/Quote
Is our Glasgow related to the Vikings Glasgow (OG)
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 05:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Is our Glasgow related to the Vikings Glasgow (OG)

Believe they are brothers if i am not mistaken.
Reply/Quote
When price got to the Bengals Glasgow said he was the toughest guard he ever went against
Reply/Quote

Kind of wanted to hear that I'm not going to lie.

I want this center to be a stud
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 05:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Is our Glasgow related to the Vikings Glasgow (OG)

I believe you mean Detroit's Glascow.   And yeah, they're brothers.   They played against each other in the 2nd to last game last year.  I don't know if they went head to head.  I think they were both pretty excited to go at it.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:31 PM)3wt Wrote: I believe you mean Detroit's Glascow.   And yeah, they're brothers.   They played against each other in the 2nd to last game last year.  I don't know if they went head to head.  I think they were both pretty excited to go at it.

On draft day, when Ragnow got picked by the Lions, somebody on NFLN said the Lions planned to move their Glasgow to C and play Ragnow at G. Anybody else hear that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I think Billings will do really well this year. Hes a big man coming off of a MCL tear. It took Adkins almost 2 years to get back to what he used to be (NOT saying Billings will be as good as Atkins), so this is my make or break year for him. I thought he was playing a lot better towards the end of last year too.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 06:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: When price got to the Bengals Glasgow said he was the toughest guard he ever went against

Love it.

(05-11-2018, 06:31 PM)3wt Wrote: I believe you mean Detroit's Glascow.   And yeah, they're brothers.   They played against each other in the 2nd to last game last year.  I don't know if they went head to head.  I think they were both pretty excited to go at it.

I knew his bro was in the NFL just didn't know which team, thanks 3wt.

(05-11-2018, 07:28 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think Billings will do really well this year. Hes a big man coming off of a MCL tear. It took Adkins almost 2 years to get back to what he used to be (NOT saying Billings will be as good as Atkins), so this is my make or break year for him. I thought he was playing a lot better towards the end of last year too.

Rock On Brownshoe, right there with you, i think Atkins had an ACL tear, not a Meniscus tear though.

I am not saying Billings will be as good of a pass rusher as Atkins of course. Geno might just be the best ever at
this. I just thought Billings would be the perfect compliment to him with his run stopping ability and the fact he is
not a one trick pony. Billings CAN rush the passer, just hoping to see what i always seen in him Brownshoe.

Thank God he is still a very young man. Yes, he was playing a lot better toward the end of the year.

Just needs to learn to not be washed out of the play.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 04:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I see they gave Billy # 53. Apparently Tiger Johnson didn't want to give the franchise's best center ever his college number...... Yeah I said it!! LOL

Bob Johnson is the only number retired for our team.

Nobody has worn 54 since.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2018, 03:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Bob Johnson is the only number retired for our team.

Nobody has worn 54 since.

Though not officially listed as "retired", no one has ever been issued #78 since Anthony Munoz last wore it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2018, 07:28 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think Billings will do really well this year. Hes a big man coming off of a MCL tear. It took Adkins almost 2 years to get back to what he used to be (NOT saying Billings will be as good as Atkins), so this is my make or break year for him. I thought he was playing a lot better towards the end of last year too.
Also keep in mind Billings only recently reached 22 years of age.
Reply/Quote