Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass Half Full or Half Empty?
Give Burrow an extra second or two with a punishing line in the run game and I think this team can outscore any bad calls. It was only a matter of time when our weakness would catch up to us.

If Zac and Burrow still want to play straight up no-deception mano-a-mano football, then it all starts in the trenches. Command the trenches and you command the game.

We can be back again and again. Everything else is in place. Just give Burrow and his weapons an extra 2 seconds.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:45 AM)BengalB Wrote: LOL. The Brown's made money hand over fist this season. Probably more money this season than in any other season before.

Show me the evidence.  The bottom line that the Browns made money hand over first on Super Bowl week, which was what I specifically stated. (Not the season, but Super Bowl week.)  How much net income from a week where the team's expenditures were very high? 

The fact remains that the Brown family is right near the bottom of NFL owners in terms of wealth. The Bengals are not their secondary plaything, who got rich in other endeavors (Kraft group, oil and gas, etc.). It is their source of money.  The bottom line has always been king. And all of the optimism about the future is tied to whether or not they will go all out or not. The Bengals surprised its fan base with a splurge into free agency these past two years. But this is not my first rodeo. I've watched tight spending for 30 years, with a splurge the last two years that surprised and delighted us all. The future of the Bengals is tied to what the Browns want to do with their money. (They are the owners.)

Let's  look at other owners and see where the Browns fall in terms of net worth.

1.   Allen family, Seattle Seahawks ($20.3 billion)

2.   David Tepper, Carolina Panthers ($11.6 billion)
3.   Stan Kroenke, Los Angeles Rams ($8.8 billion) -- And the Rams owner is married to Walmart heiress Ann Walton Kroenke, who herself is worth an estimated 8.4 billions, so their total worth is about 17.2 billion
4.   Stephen Ross, Miami Dolphins ($7.6 billion)
5.   Jerry Jones, Dallas Cowboys ($6.8 billion)  -- made his money from oil and gas
6.   Robert Kraft, New England Patriots ($6.6 billion)
7.   Shahid Khan, Jacksonville Jaguars ($6.4 billion)
8.   Zygi Wilf, Minnesota Vikings ($5.3 billion)
9.   Arthur Blank, Atlanta Falcons ($5.1 billion)
10.               Steve Bisciotti, Baltimore Ravens ($4.7 billion)
11.               Glazer family, Tampa Bay Buccaneers ($4.7 billion)
12.               Terry/Kim Pegula, Buffalo Bills ($4.6 billion)
13.               Woody Johnson, NY Jets ($4.2 billion)
14.               Janice McNair, Houston Texans ($3.8 billion)
15.               Gayle Benson, New Orleans Saints ($2.9 billion)
16.               Jimmy Haslem, Cleveland Browns ($2.8 billion)
17.               Jim Irsay, Indianapolis Colts ($2.7 billion)
18.               Denise York, San Francisco 49ers ($2.5 billion)
19.               Spanos family, Los Angeles Chargers ($2.4 billion)
20.               Daniel Snyder, Washington Redskins ($2.3 billion)
21.               Jeffrey Lurie, Philadelphia Eagles ($2.1 billion)
22.               Clark Hunt, Kansas City Chiefs ($2 billion)
23.               Martha Ford, Detroit Lions ($1.4 billion)
24.               Bidwill family, Arizona Cardinals ($1.4 billion)
25.               Adams family, Tennessee Titans ($1.3 billion)
26.               McCaskey family, Chicago Bears ($1.3 billion)
27.               Rooney family, Pittsburgh Steelers ($1.2 billion)
28.               John Mara & Steve Tisch, NY Giants ($500 million & $1.2 billion)
29.        Bowlen family, Denver Broncos ($1 billion)

30.        Mike Brown, Cincinnati Bengals ($925 million)

31.            Mark Davis, Oakland Raiders ($500 million)
32.         Green Bay Packers, publically owned

I've been there when the Bengals went from 4 wins to the Super Bowl the next year (1988 season), and then back again to mediocrity. If the Bengals are going to be successful next year and for the next decade depends on what the Browns decide to do. So, this offseason will tell us everything we need to know. All I stated was that is what I am waiting to see. If they go all out to bring home a Super Bowl trophy that will become apparent in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Stuck with?”

Zac Taylor just took his team that nobody expected to do anything to the Super Bowl and lost by 3 points. He out coached guys like Andy Reid (twice), Mike Tomlin (twice), John Harbaugh (twice), and COTY - Mike Vrabel.

He’s 38 years old. He’s only going to learn from his mistakes and get better (just like McVay did).

GTFOH with “stuck with.”

Yeah, despite the poor SB game plan I am happy we are stuck with Zac Taylor after the season he just had.

He learned tons this season and he will continue to learn and he will be kicking himself for the poor gameplan against the Rams.

I know we all wanted the SB win but it could be a blessing in disguise gaining this experience while seeing the weakness so blatant.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, despite the poor SB game plan I am happy we are stuck with Zac Taylor after the season he just had.

He learned tons this season and he will continue to learn and he will be kicking himself for the poor gameplan against the Rams.

I know we all wanted the SB win but it could be a blessing in disguise gaining this experience while seeing the weakness so blatant.

Not trying to argue, but nobody knows if he actually learned anything form the SB loss. Time will tell that’s all I’m gonna say.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 03:27 PM)OUatown Wrote: Not trying to argue, but nobody knows if he actually learned anything form the SB loss. Time will tell that’s all I’m gonna say.

Well he better. He will have all Offseason to learn from it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well he better. He will have all Offseason to learn from it. Mellow

I agree and truly hope he has, but I have my reservations.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Stuck with?”

Zac Taylor just took his team that nobody expected to do anything to the Super Bowl and lost by 3 points. He out coached guys like Andy Reid (twice), Mike Tomlin (twice), John Harbaugh (twice), and COTY - Mike Vrabel.

He’s 38 years old. He’s only going to learn from his mistakes and get better (just like McVay did).

GTFOH with “stuck with.”

Him and that other cat just can't help themselves this week, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 07:58 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Give Burrow an extra second or two with a punishing line in the run game and I think this team can outscore any bad calls. It was only a matter of time when our weakness would catch up to us.

If Zac and Burrow still want to play straight up no-deception mano-a-mano football, then it all starts in the trenches. Command the trenches and you command the game.

We can be back again and again. Everything else is in place. Just give Burrow and his weapons an extra 2 seconds.

You're exactly right there ......

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 03:37 PM)OUatown Wrote: I agree and truly hope he has, but I have my reservations.

Legit question, not being a smartass, but why do you have those reservations? Early in the year, he took the ball out of Burrow's hands against SF. He noted it was a mistake. Who's hands did he put the ball in the rest of the year with the game on the line? Including the Super Bowl.....

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 04:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Legit question, not being a smartass, but why do you have those reservations? Early in the year, he took the ball out of Burrow's hands against SF. He noted it was a mistake. Who's hands did he put the ball in the rest of the year with the game on the line? Including the Super Bowl.....

Didn't want to say it, but you said it for me Wyche.

It isn't like Zac is some stubborn coach who refuses to learn from what he does wrong.

This last season shows he isn't that type of coach. He is young and learning to win.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:48 PM)FastEddie Wrote: I am looking around this board after the SuperBowl and see so many negative posts almost to the point of “we need to blow this team up and start over”. We were one play from winning the SuperBowl.

I‘d like to look at this year as an added bonus, nobody thought this team would even sniff the playoffs much less win three playoff games.

I am a glass half full person after this year. I have been a fan for nearly 50 years, so I’ve been through the bad years, so many years of listening to games on the radio and almost expecting the team to be down 21-0 at halftime every game because it happened a lot.

Consider the facts:
We are not one of the 9 teams who had to hire a new head coach this year, and we are not one of the teams who had a lot of our coaches poached from them like New England.

We have our quarterback of the future now. We aren’t like the teams who had quarterbacks retire on them this year and now will have to figure out how to replace them. Or a quarterback who isn't happy with their situation and wants a trade. Or one that might end up in prison.

In our own division, the Steelers overspent and didn’t make a succession plan so they are stuck with Rudolph or Haskins and they don’t put fear in many people. We don’t have Mayfield who makes players leave the team and tell others not to go to them. Even the Ravens aren’t what they used to be.

We are not one of the teams who is over the salary cap who are going to have to cut good players to try to meet the salary cap. Or not sign their free agents to save money. We have money to spend. And we hear all the time no about players wanting to come here to play. Most times in the past the Bengals were an afterthought unless you overpaid them to come here. Now it sounds like players want to come here. And the front office is actually spending money on good free agent, not bottom of the barrel free agents.

Yes the Rams bought their championship, but it seems like they already have players retiring, Beckham out for maybe a year, bringing retired players back who are re-retiring, over the cap, etc.

Our glass is half full and getting fuller.

I actually think your comments a little over the top people are criticizing individual players in the video players individual play like the line play which is very legitimate criticism but I rarely see anybody saying we have to blow it all up totally disagree 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2022, 05:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  I actually think your comments a little over the top over the top people are criticizing individual players in the video players individual plays et cetera the line play which is very legitimate criticism criticism but I rarely see anybody saying we have to blow it all up totally disagree 

[Image: 73Xf.gif]

Reply/Quote