Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn, Dre and WJ
Seems that ZT stated that Glenn has cleared the league concussion protocol.

Additionally; he apparently has ruled out Dre (knee) and WJ (shoulder) for week 7.

Dennard is cleared to practice.

Does any of this matter at this point?

Glenn clearing protocol at week 7 is interesting...

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dre and WJ are going to miss several games min.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 08:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dre and WJ are going to miss several games min.

Haven't seen a time table for Jackson, but Dre I saw as about a month...
Reply/Quote
If we plan on getting rid of Glenn, why put him in or get him ready to play in the first place? Let the youngens play and see what they got and get them some experience in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 08:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Haven't seen a time table for Jackson, but Dre I saw as about a month...

I didn't see a specific number, but instead a vague "multiple weeks".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 08:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If we plan on getting rid of Glenn, why put him in or get him ready to play in the first place? Let the youngens play and see what they got and get them some experience in the NFL.

Umm, Harley..  We've seen what they got, and it ain't pretty.   Facepalm

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 08:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If we plan on getting rid of Glenn, why put him in or get him ready to play in the first place? Let the youngens play and see what they got and get them some experience in the NFL.

The only youngster we have that can play LT is Jonah and he's on IR.  Jerry and Andre are both past their prime.
Reply/Quote

At age 30, Glenn is the young guy at LT.  Smith is 32 and Jerry 33

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I guess the real question is, what is the ROI on activating the recently healthy, when you have two starters who will be out for multiple weeks?

Additionally; given the lack of a Manning or Luck type of a player in the next draft, would you rather they shut it down and just put bodies on the field on Sundays or compete?

In regards to Glenn, just as a matter of principle, I say keep him inactive for the next 10 games. Self reported concussion.....
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 08:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Umm, Harley..  We've seen what they got, and it ain't pretty.   Facepalm

Do we have a waterboy?

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:04 PM)pally Wrote: At age 30, Glenn is the young guy at LT.  Smith is 32 and Jerry 33

A guy who takes that long to get over a concussion is not young despite his age.

Reply/Quote
I've never seen a concussion last 7 weeks before. But I hope Glenn is okay and not just trying to fight through a more serious problem.
Reply/Quote

we don't have younger for that position... Andre smith and John Jerry are older lol...

Williams is hurt.
Reply/Quote

Bengals don't have any youngsters at OT. If they don't play Glenn, it would end up being Andre Smith or John Jerry.
Unless you are saying you'd rather see Alex Redmond at LT?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 08:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: The only youngster we have that can play LT is Jonah and he's on IR.  Jerry and Andre are both past their prime.

Technically, Jonah is on PUP, so he's technically eligible to come back for Game 7 if he were actually ready to do so.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Technically, Jonah is on PUP, so he's technically eligible to come back for Game 7 if he were actually ready to do so.

im sure when hes ready he will play get some game reps in before next season but no reason to rush him back and if its a risk to his long term health
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: im sure when hes ready he will play get some game reps in before next season  but no reason to rush him back and if its a risk to his long term health

I think what confuses me is does the team really think he could return before Week 9? Because if not, he should have been put on IR ASAP. Now, if he goes on IR, that's 8 more games he has to miss on top of the 6 he's already missed.

But I agree. The season is already over basically so there's no reason to try to rush him back.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1184890219063136259?s=21

Interesting article on Glenn and the Bengals fighting over the handling of his concussion. This team is a train wreck lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 02:59 PM)lone bengal Wrote: https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1184890219063136259?s=21

Interesting article on Glenn and the Bengals  fighting over the handling of his concussion. This team is a train wreck lol.

Yea I posted this under the return thread. It is not a good look, but is interesting based on how long he was out. I'd be curious if his behavior away from the team mirrored how he portrayed his symptoms while around the team. 

Also fun to note....

Reply/Quote
There are a ton of teams that need tackle help, we need to move him for a 3rd/4th and be done with it.
Reply/Quote