Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn = Out for Sunday
(09-06-2019, 04:48 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Haha Smith and Hart versus Clowney and Anash that should be fun to watch. Hobson wrote a huge fluff piece on the offensive line making them seem great if any body wants to feel better.

Just heard on the radio Ansah might not go on Sunday. Knee isn't ready yet. He was limited yesterday in practice.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fun fact. Last time we faced Ansah he sacked Dalton 3 times.

Hmmm.......

Why is the a fun fact for Bengals fans concerned when the OL is healthy and petrified when we lose our LT?

Whose team won the game? I think we beat Detroit. 

Now that is a fun fact, he got 3 sacks but his team lost.  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fun fact. Last time we faced Ansah he sacked Dalton 3 times.

what's so fun about that fact??    LMAO
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just heard on the radio Ansah might not go on Sunday. Knee isn't ready yet. He was limited yesterday in practice.

He will get an injection or placed on pain killers to play. 

It is our fate, our LT gets a concussion in preseason and their guy who was hurt in 2018 plays immediately in spite of setbacks on his road to recovery.

Could be a country song story.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:47 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: Wren and probably one of the waiver claims

Jee-zus, how could I forget about Wren?

Definitely him.

I think Perine and Cooper both play, 100%

The person he did that to, is now retired, playing out of position and was playing in a Zampese offense.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hmmm.......

Why is the a fun fact for Bengals fans concerned when the OL is healthy and petrified when we lose our LT?

Whose team won the game? I think we beat Detroit. 

Now that is a fun fact, he got 3 sacks but his team lost.  Hilarious

(09-06-2019, 06:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: what's so fun about that fact??    LMAO

I think you may have missed the sarcasm. It's usually implied when the "fun fact" isn't really fun for the intended audience.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Trust me, 2 sacks or less on Sunday. Watch Wink

To be fair, Dalton has a heck of a fast release. Does a decent job of protecting himself, but still got banged up, so he will launch fast. While sacks may be low, QB hurries I expect to be high. When hurried, he will make a bad throw ( or throw away ), and it'll be all his fault on this board.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm not worried like everyone is; he'll be perfectly fine.

Just watch.

Psst. Ansah and Clowney are on the other side of the ball. Dalton will probably have about 1/2 second to release the ball
Reply/Quote
I bet Andre Smith doesn’t allow any sacks.I would have to agree that he’s a better LT than RT.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:07 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Psst. Ansah and Clowney are on the other side of the ball. Dalton will probably have about 1/2 second to release the ball

I think it was mentioned that Ansah isn't going to play, knee is still inured.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you may have missed the sarcasm. It's usually implied when the "fun fact" isn't really fun for the intended audience.

But also... Learning new things is fun.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 11:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think it was mentioned that Ansah isn't going to play, knee is still inured.

... And Clowney is no longer at South Carolina.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Lets just all hope that neither tackle gets injured as we do not have a back up for the game. That is concerning.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:48 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Haha Smith and Hart versus Clowney and Anash that should be fun to watch. Hobson wrote a huge fluff piece on the offensive line making them seem great if any body wants to feel better.

Lol Clowney and Wagner will destroy us. 75-0 Seahawks
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:07 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Psst. Ansah and Clowney are on the other side of the ball. Dalton will probably have about 1/2 second to release the ball

Why don't you have faith in Andy's ability to move in the pocket? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If Andre plays well, I wonder if we could see Glenn kick inside when he does return. The line is poor no doubt, but the team did TRY to fix it. Nobody could predict what would happen with Jonah.

I'm concerned we may never see Glenn though. This has been a hell of a concussion apparently
Reply/Quote
Guys are saying we can scheme around the bad line. Sure, you can. But there is a cost. It really limits your big play offense, forces you to sustain drives, and slows the offense down. So while Andy might not get killed, he also is going to have limited effectiveness. It's a real bummer.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:51 PM)Destro Wrote: To be fair, Dalton has a heck of a fast release. Does a decent job of protecting himself, but still got banged up, so he will launch fast. While sacks may be low, QB hurries I expect to be high. When hurried, he will make a bad throw ( or throw away ), and it'll be all his fault on this board.

Hurries have never been high, if Andy;s release is fast.

Check the number for the past 8 seasons, if you don't believe me.

And I'm not boosting Andy, its a fact; we've always had low hurries.

Psst; Ansah will most-likely not play and Clowney has done dick against us, in his career.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 05:50 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ansah is overrated Clowney has always been known too be lazy and take plays off so he held out most of training camp with a new scheme he's supposed to miraculously be better. Houston had too pay 7 million to even get a 3rd for him.

I get the whole time to learn a new scheme thing but only with certain positions. These guys are still pros, it’s not very hard for a pro bowl type player to just get to the QB. You either beat the man in front of you with your own talent and skill set or you don’t. My guess is he will do just fine against our line. He will have plenty of motivation payed or not week one on a new team with something to prove Vs week 12 and out of the playoff hunt. Him being lazy is just wishful thinking. He may take a play or two off in between sack 2 & 3.

I’m sorry but after losing Whit and Z we looked bad but now that Boling is gone and Glenn is out this may just be the worst line in the league, hell maybe the past 20 years. I hope I’m wrong and these guys gel and surprise us all, I’m just not seeing it. This is why we have 3 QB’s on the 53 and I think ZT knows we may see each one play at some point this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 12:48 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lol Clowney and Wagner will destroy us. 75-0 Seahawks

you are being silly again.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote