Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

Glenn not happy how Bengals supposedly trying to rush him back from concussion and fining him $200k for conduct detrimental to the team. Paul Dehner Jr tweeted that Glenn isn't even at the facility today for practice.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is 7 weeks really "rushing" someone back though? I feel like the Bengals have been really patient with him.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/17/bengals-cordy-glenn-at-odds-over-handling-of-his-concussion/

Glenn not happy how Bengals supposedly trying to rush him back from concussion and fining him $200k for conduct detrimental to the team. Paul Dehner Jr tweeted that Glenn isn't even at the facility today for practice.

I don't know how he can claim he's being rushed back. Just seems like he  doesn't intend to play.

Stick him on IR and cut bait after the season, I guess.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a Trent Williams situation? What coach did he argue with? Turner?

Neither the team nor the player gets to decide when a player is out of concussion protocol, that’s up to the medical staff and the player passing the cognitive tests. Not sure if that includes an independent examiner that doesn’t work for the team. With how things turned out with Boling and Westerman, I wouldn’t be surprised if Glenn is done playing for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:31 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Sounds like a Trent Williams situation? What coach did he argue with? Turner?

I wouldn't surprise me at all if it were Turner. The guy is an agitator, for sure.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think a couple of month ago, Glenn decided that he did not want to play football this year, but that he wanted to get paid for playing football.  And this self reported concussion is the excuse he came up with to get off of the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:36 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I think a couple of month ago, Glenn decided that he did not want to play football this year, but that he wanted to get paid for playing football.  And this self reported concussion is the excuse he came up with to get off of the field.

More and more what it's pointing to. I say cut bait.  Here's another story on it....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/17/bengals-fined-cordy-glenn-concussion-cut/?fbclid=IwAR0ZIe1DajjL08LCJJxIyvMtDxd9WM8SsxhzvFKrQD66KTxUwqpa9y4zQHc

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I wouldn't surprise me at all if it were Turner. The guy is an agitator, for sure.

I came on here this afternoon to be "that guy" and posit that Jim Turner played a role in this.  You beat me to it.  Respect, sir.

I have no idea how the team could have handled it any more carefully.  He's been out 7 weeks being candy-assed.  

I like to blame ownership for a lot, but this piece of shit is malingering, straight up.  It's becoming fairly clear.  He wanted to miss games and still collect checks.  He deserved to be humiliated for it.  I know!  Make him play for the Bengals for the rest of the year!

I'd also guess that he may still be a bit butt hurt about being moved out of the LT spot the second Jonah was drafted.  Someone's widdle feewings have been ruptured.
Reply/Quote
Jumping off the sinking ship.

AJ will be next if he pursues his self interest and the interests of his family.

What a complete disaster this organization has become - which all started with the  playoff meltdown against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
It was bound to happen after we drafted Jonah and he had to learn a new position then was in protocol for two months cut ties now trade him for a 5th and pray Jonah is as good as advertised
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
This is potentially a good development as it makes a trading him more likely. Instead of teams seeing him as someone with medical problems and therefore someone who should be avoided teams will now see him as someone who wanted to escape Jim Turner. He becomes a more attractive trade target. We could now, with some overdue luck, pick up a 5th rounder for someone who wasn't part of the long term solution and wasn't contributing in the short term either.

Mike Brown is more likely to sanction the trade too, to get rid of a troublemaker.

Then in the off-season it's an excuse to replace Jim Turner with Bill Callahan. This could yet turn out to be win-win.
Reply/Quote
Whatever. Cut him, and fire turner while you’re at it.

That’s now 3 players who would rather retire/quit rather than play for him?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't know how he can claim he's being rushed back. Just seems like he  doesn't intend to play.

Stick him on IR and cut bait after the season, I guess.

Bingo. He seems to want out:

'As one source explained it to PFT, things got heated on Wednesday. Glenn and a member of the Bengals’ coaching staff argued (a witness thought at one point that it was going to turn physical), and Glenn eventually told coach Zac Taylor to just cut him.'
Reply/Quote
**** you, Cordy Glenn, you fat piece of shit.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: More and more what it's pointing to. I say cut bait.  Here's another story on it....

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/17/bengals-fined-cordy-glenn-concussion-cut/?fbclid=IwAR0ZIe1DajjL08LCJJxIyvMtDxd9WM8SsxhzvFKrQD66KTxUwqpa9y4zQHc

I read some place after Glenn got traded here that he didn't like Cincy and was really unhappy to come here.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:48 PM)samhain Wrote: I came on here this afternoon to be "that guy" and posit that Jim Turner played a role in this.  You beat me to it.  Respect, sir.

I have no idea how the team could have handled it any more carefully.  He's been out 7 weeks being candy-assed.  

I like to blame ownership for a lot, but this piece of shit is malingering, straight up.  It's becoming fairly clear.  He wanted to miss games and still collect checks.  He deserved to be humiliated for it.  I know!  Make him play for the Bengals for the rest of the year!

I'd also guess that he may still be a bit butt hurt about being moved out of the LT spot the second Jonah was drafted.  Someone's widdle feewings have been ruptured.

I feel like the players know that management and now the coaching staff are inept and are going to test their boundaries. It will be interesting to see how the Bengals handle this.

So can we still say what the Bengals record would be IF Glenn was healthy?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:57 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Whatever. Cut him, and fire turner while you’re at it.

That’s now 3 players who would rather retire/quit rather than play for him?

So Pollack didn't want to come back. Now 3 players quit/retire.

This is crazy!
Reply/Quote
Didn't Glenn pull something similar in Buffalo?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Are we sure AJ Green isn't disgruntled?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote