Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-23-2019, 10:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Which QB to go with then that fits that style that was described?
Dalton isn't that type of QB. Finley isn't either.
Hurts is the closest thing to that in the upcoming draft but should he be starting in 2020?
Bengals could maybe take a chance on Mariota as a stopgap...?

why Mariota?      Look at Geoff   that's the type of QB  ZT wants....    
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: why Mariota?      Look at Geoff   that's the type of QB  ZT wants....    

That would seem to be Herbert of the college crop.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: why Mariota?      Look at Geoff   that's the type of QB  ZT wants....    

You clearly didn't pay attention to why I said Kaepernick and why I then said Mariota.
Racer said he wanted a QB who was extremely mobile.
I said Kaepernick would fit what he was looking for. Mariota (at least from college) would also fit.
I was not talking about what Taylor would prefer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, is Glenn playing this Sunday?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 11:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, is Glenn playing this Sunday?

Oh man i thought this thread was about Keapernick.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: MAGIC!  :threadjack:

And ******* magnets, how do they work?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 06:48 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I want a QB who can run. I want my Lamar Jackson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you should be a huge fan of Jalen Hurts. He's still top Heisman candidate, and with Tua getting hurt, he will now fall out of it.

Hurts kept cruising with five total touchdowns — three passing, two rushing — in Oklahoma's 52-14 win over West Virginia. He passed for 316 yards and rushed for 75 more, putting him at 2,074 passing yards, 20 passing touchdowns, 705 rushing yards and 10 rushing touchdowns in seven games.

So far it's looking like Hurts/Burrows for the Heisman.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 07:34 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We would definitely win a playoff game with that QB, but how many running QBs have won a superbowl? It's inevitable, he's going to get crushed someday. They asked him how he handles the "hits" and he said "what hits". He just has to wait until a Burfict type player doesn't care. Now, you're a passing/immobile QB. ALA Andy Dalton. What can you do now?

It's a derrick rose type player, you predicate your skillset on speed. When curry and kyrie lose the handles, they'll always have the 3.

Steve Young comes to mind.

A two-time league MVP, he completed 2,667 of 4,149 passes for 33,124 yards and 232 touchdowns, with 107 interceptions, and 43 rushing touchdowns. He was a passer first, but if nothing there, he wasn't afraid to run it.
Reply/Quote
Agreed
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 05:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Steve Young comes to mind.

A two-time league MVP, he completed 2,667 of 4,149 passes for 33,124 yards and 232 touchdowns, with 107 interceptions, and 43 rushing touchdowns. He was a passer first, but if nothing there, he wasn't afraid to run it.

Hard to call a Hall of Fame QB underrated but Steve Young will never get the credit he deserves because he stepped into a winning program and followed Joe Montana but only won one Super Bowl.

Many people don't even think of him as a running QB, but he was one of the best.  Cam Newton is the only QB with more rushing tds than Young's 43 and only 3 QBs (Vick, Cunningham, Newton) have more career rushing yards than Young's 4239.  

He had a cannon for an arm and was very smart.

He is the only QB in history to lead the league in passer rating 6 times, and he won 2 league MVPs. 

Yet almost no one mentions him as one of the greatest QBs ever.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hard to call a Hall of Fame QB underrated but Steve Young will never get the credit he deserves because he stepped into a winning program and followed Joe Montana but only won one Super Bowl.

Many people don't even think of him as a running QB, but he was one of the best.  Cam Newton is the only QB with more rushing tds than Young's 43 and only 3 QBs (Vick, Cunningham, Newton) have more career rushing yards than Young's 4239.  

He is the only QB in history to lead the league in passer rating 6 times, and he won 2 league MVPs. 

Wait, how did this HOFer not will those awful Buccaneer teams to victory before he left Tampa? He should not be in the HOF, he didn't earn it. He needed everything to be perfect around him to succeed! Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Fred and Wyche be like im going down with the Dalton ship lol

[Image: source.gif]

Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

One of those things is not like the other ones.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fred and Wyche be like im going down with the Dalton ship lol

[Image: source.gif]

LMAO....I just couldn't help myself this morning....but the comment does have its merit. 

FWIW, if you could go back and look, I was for drafting Bridgewater way back when...before the extension was signed. Probably wouldn't have worked out so hot in hindsight. I also liked Watson, and I currently like the Burrow kid. I even liked Daniel Jones. I'm not going down with the ship, but when you look at a guy like Steve Young, he was successful in the USFL, then went to a very poorly managed NFL team (sound familiar) and really struggled. Then he went to a world class organization at the time and won it all. Goes to show that not even the best, let alone a middle of the pack kinda guy, cannot elevate a piss poor organization to great heights.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 05:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Wait, how did this HOFer not will those awful Buccaneer teams to victory before he left Tampa? He should not be in the HOF, he didn't earn it. He needed everything to be perfect around him to succeed! Mellow

Steve Young, Bo Jackson, and John Elway come to mind as players who all quit on a team rather than buckle down and will them to victory.  What ever happened to those losers?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 12:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Steve Young, Bo Jackson, and John Elway come to mind as players who all quit on a team rather than buckle down and will them to victory.  What ever happened to those losers?

You going down with the SS Dalton too Nately? Tongue

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 12:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: You going down with the SS Dalton too Nately? Tongue

Hell if I know.  I'm of the mindset that Dalton isn't going anywhere any time soon so we may as well just live with it.  Mike Brown has never willingly moved on from a long-term starting QB and I don't see him starting when he's 85.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hard to call a Hall of Fame QB underrated but Steve Young will never get the credit he deserves because he stepped into a winning program and followed Joe Montana but only won one Super Bowl.

Interestingly, he took over as a starter when he was 30 and played at a productive level until he was 37. I think it's that short career peak, that makes him not end up on the lists of greatest. He basically did very little until her was 30.
Reply/Quote