Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-17-2019, 04:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Didn't Glenn pull something similar in Buffalo?

That was Bobby Hart with the Giants I think.
Reply/Quote
The one positive is it helps the tank. Williams is the LT or the future this guy was gone after this season and has been on the decline for years.
Reply/Quote
Oh my...talk about compounding a bad situation:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Ugh, that's probably not a good sign when the biggest trade MB made in a long time goes all "operation shutdown" on us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So Pollack didn't want to come back. Now 3 players quit/retire.

This is crazy!

Clint Boling had blood clots.... Westerman came back. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like the players know that management and now the coaching staff are inept and are going to test their boundaries. It will be interesting to see how the Bengals handle this.

So can we still say what the Bengals record would be IF Glenn was healthy?

Yep.  

And for the record, I also lay a lot of blame at hiring Turner.  It's bad enough that the Bengals are run like a dollar store compared to other teams.  It's also bad enough that they compete for nothing significant.  Throw in some scrote burger like Turner dog cussing players and pretending to be Patton while showing zero coaching aptitude, and you get what you get.  

I'm sure guys on there last chance like Jerry and Andre love even having jobs, but players with options wouldn't view playing under an asshole position coach on a terrible team as a very desirable option.  Fire Turner tomorrow, pursue legal action against Glenn if at all possible if it can be proven that he's acting in bad faith.

I mean, nobody even remembers him getting hit in the game before he became inactive.  I think the idea that there's anything wrong with him may be a bit fanciful after seeing this come to light.
Reply/Quote
Why are people trying to blame Turner?

Glenn was cleared by an independent doctor then is refusing to practice.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
What a colossal shit factory this franchise is.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Why are people trying to blame Turner?

Glenn was cleared by an independent doctor then is refusing to practice.

Because he's a shitbag that nobody with other options would voluntarily play for.  He also happens to be bad at the job.  He needs to be the first head outside PBS on a spike.  It would be really easy to justify.  He has no business on a NFL staff.
Reply/Quote
Well...it just seemed like there was more to the story than meets the eye. NOW it finally comes out.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well...it just seemed like there was more to the story than meets the eye. NOW it finally comes out.

Someone doesn't want to play for the Bengals?  Well good riddance!  As I said when my last girlfriend walked out on me "Bye!  You....probably won't regret this decision...hmmm...."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Someone doesn't want to play for the Bengals?  Well good riddance!  As I said when my last girlfriend walked out on me "Bye!  You....probably won't regret this decision...hmmm...."

The Bengals essentially told him in camp that they'd rather play Bobbie Hart at a Tackle spot over him. That one stings.

Then, they get injuries and want to move him back to Tackle.

Mr. Glenn says - No thanks!
Reply/Quote
A LT has got to be a decent trade chip.

He doesn't want to be here and the team is a dumpster fire rolling down a hill into an open sewer.

Trade him for a pick and move on.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: A LT has got to be a decent trade chip.

He doesn't want to be here and the team is a dumpster fire rolling down a hill into an open sewer.

Trade him for a pick and move on.

Reward him for quitting on the team!? NEVERRRRR!!!!  I don't care how many times Dalton has to eat the turf, we aren't trading him!  Hopefully Dalton takes an even MORE team-friendly deal next time.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Reward him for quitting on the team!? NEVERRRRR!!!!  I don't care how many times Dalton has to eat the turf, we aren't trading him!  Hopefully Dalton takes an even MORE team-friendly deal next time.

IF the Bengals trade every disgruntled player...they'll only be left with the gruntled guys. There may not be many of them this season!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals essentially told him in camp that they'd rather play Bobbie Hart at a Tackle spot over him. That one stings. Then, they get injuries and want to move him back to Tackle. Mr. Glenn says - No thanks!

Doctor - Ok Cordy, concussion test time.  Do you want to play for Jim Turner and the Bengals?
Cordy - No.
Doctor - He's fine to play.
Cordy - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Reward him for quitting on the team!? NEVERRRRR!!!!  I don't care how many times Dalton has to eat the turf, we aren't trading him!  Hopefully Dalton takes an even MORE team-friendly deal next time.

We'll trade him alright! If some team meets our demand of 3 1st Round draft picks!
Reply/Quote
8 weeks for a self reported concussion, gets cleared by an independent doctor, and now complaining about being rushed back/wants cut?

There's nothing wrong with getting healthy (I wanted AJ on the IR so he'd come back 100%) but this was an issue in Buffalo, and now it's a huge issue here with Glenn.

The team needs to suspend him for the longest they can, give him the largest fine they can. Dude doesn't want to play football, so they should not want to pay him. It's clearly the only thing he cares about. See about getting some of that 8 weeks of paychecks back too, if he's malingering.

The only thing they CAN'T do is cut him or trade him. He'd get his money, and his wish to be gone, and this move by him would have paid off. That can't be allowed to happen.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 8 weeks for a self reported concussion, gets cleared by an independent doctor, and now complaining about being rushed back/wants cut?

There's nothing wrong with getting healthy (I wanted AJ on the IR so he'd come back 100%) but this was an issue in Buffalo, and now it's a huge issue here with Glenn.

The team needs to suspend him for the longest they can, give him the largest fine they can. Dude doesn't want to play football, so they should not want to pay him. It's clearly the only thing he cares about. See about getting some of that 8 weeks of paychecks back too, if he's malingering.

The only thing they CAN'T do is cut him or trade him. He'd get his money, and his wish to be gone, and this move by him would have paid off. That can't be allowed to happen.

Oh he wants to play football...just not here.

That's a risk of a trade. You trade for a guy that doesn't want to be on your team.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF the Bengals trade every disgruntled player...they'll only be left with the gruntled guys. There may not be many of them this season!

This whole concept of players not wanting to be here reminds me of my buddy back in the day who said "Someday I'll find a woman who is good enough that I won't want to cheat on her."  I feel like we need to really nail the drafts to find more players like AJ Green who find some sort of perverse pleasure in throwing their entire careers into the hell pit that is the Bengals.
Reply/Quote