Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-17-2019, 05:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, trading Palmer just made it so the detour to AZ and semi relevance involved 2 years in Oakland rather than 2 years on his couch.  I think we got the last laugh on that one.

I think Arizona inducted him into their ring of honor for some reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I don't entirely disagree I'm mostly just procrastinating here.  Let's see...if he's faking it then sue the guy for fraud and let's make a statement.  And saying that making players not want to leave is something we can't do is a bit of a "meh" from me because we are 0-6 and have the crappiest owner, the crappiest GM, and probably the most detestable o-line coach in the NFL so maybe we could try to scale some of the misery back before we declare it hopeless.

At any rate, we can all hope that shaming Cordy Glenn will unite the team and inspire them to hoist the Lombardi right up his arse out of spite.  Do I feel a "getting much better" montage coming on?

I'd laugh until my balls fell off if they sued Cordy Glenn. Seriously. It would be the most Bengal thing ever. 

I'm all in on replacing Turner, Brown, Tobin, etc. Contextually I think you lost me - I was thinking in terms of things that might realistically happen. You're zigging and I'm zagging.

Turner may go, eventually, but Mike Brown and The Duke of Tow Bin aren't going anywhere. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:06 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd laugh until my balls fell off if they sued Cordy Glenn. Seriously. It would be the most Bengal thing ever. 

I'm all in on replacing Turner, Brown, Tobin, etc. Contextually I think you lost me - I was thinking in terms of things that might realistically happen. You're zigging and I'm zagging.

Turner may go, eventually, but Mike Brown and The Duke of Tow Bin aren't going anywhere. 

We need to use the savings from releasing Glenn to sign Antonio Brown. Now, there's a team player!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Arizona inducted him into their ring of honor for some reason.

I'm in their Ring of Honor. It doesn't take much. I just passed by and didn't LOL in the general direction of the stadium.

They put my bust right next to Rod Tidwell's (they think he was really a thing). 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Arizona inducted him into their ring of honor for some reason.

They've had 2 good QBs since the Beatles broke up, I think.  That might do it.

(10-17-2019, 05:06 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd laugh until my balls fell off if they sued Cordy Glenn. Seriously. It would be the most Bengal thing ever. 

If Cordy is legit just pretending to be hurt and collecting money I'm sure there is a way to protect the billionaire owners from such chicanery, so give him hell, I say.

And I know Mike Brown isn't going anywhere, that's why this whole "Don't wanna play here?  Well beat it and we will make it without you!" thinking process ran outta steam years ago.  So it goes.
Reply/Quote
For those giving grief to Glenn on this, it's important to remember he's not the first player to go against the Bengals regarding concussions.
Ben Utecht filed a grievance against the Bengals in 2009 when the Bengals said he should have been cleared but he didn't agree.
Utecht ended up winning that grievance.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/9467172/ben-utecht-wins-concussion-grievance-vs-cincinnati-bengals
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need to use the savings from releasing Glenn to sign Antonio Brown. Now, there's a team player!

They might. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For those giving grief to Glenn on this, it's important to remember he's not the first player to go against the Bengals regarding concussions.
Ben Utecht filed a grievance against the Bengals in 2009 when the Bengals said he should have been cleared but he didn't agree.
Utecht ended up winning that grievance.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/9467172/ben-utecht-wins-concussion-grievance-vs-cincinnati-bengals

Haven't you read or seen Catch-22?  If he is cognizant enough to NOT want to play for the Bengals he clearly isn't concussed enough to not play for the Bengals.  It's like that, but probably with less Art Garfunkel falling in love with hookers...I assume.  No one knows what goes on behind the doors in the front office, here.
Reply/Quote
I'll say this...
Ever since Turner came to the Bengals, Boling has retired, Glenn has had a very lengthy concussion, and Westerman almost left the team before being cut.

Rather than slander every player for being "weak," perhaps point the blame at Turner. This isn't the first time he's had issues.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll say this...
Ever since Turner came to the Bengals, Boling has retired, Glenn has had a very lengthy concussion, and Westerman almost left the team before being cut.

Rather than slander every player for being "weak," perhaps point the blame at Turner. This isn't the first time he's had issues.

My finger is manly and judgmental enough to point at both of them. 

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read some place after Glenn got traded here that he didn't like Cincy and was really unhappy to come here.

That rumor came about after he was traded to us. I can’t remember when or who reported it, but cordy shot that rumor down
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, fair enough.  I"m sure sticking it to Cordy Glenn is going to make people wake up and realize they can't push the mighty Bengals around.

Damn straight Nate! Gotta teach them not to step in the ring with the Bengals!

[Image: tumblr_nam5qaIFzW1qb2u78o1_400.gif]

(10-17-2019, 04:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I would normally agree but he plays a position of need around the league. This isn't a diva WR or RB or even a DB, this is guy who has been an All-Pro Left Tackle.

If you want to know how desperate teams are for guys on the O-line, keep these two facts in mind.

1) Richie Incognito is still in the league and starting.... yeah the nutjob, psycho who wanted to decapitate his Father's corpse has a job.

2) Cedric Ogbuehi - Is still on an NFL roster, we will see him Sunday actually.

Those two examples alone say that someone is giving you a pick for a guy who can start at LT. The season is lost, stockpile picks.

Cordy Glenn has never been an All-Pro. Dude's never even been a Pro Bowler. He's also missed 25 out of his last 56 games since the start of 2016 (22 out of his last 43).

All his injury troubles started up when he signed a 5yr/$65m deal in 2016. 

Divas are a distraction, but at least they generally want to play. A dude who doesn't want to play football is way worse. Terrell Owens is a HoFer despite being a diva. Nobody goes to the HoF or wins a SB by malingering and refusing to play.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't blame the Bengals at all for this. Glenn should have retired if his concussion was nearly 3 months in and still not healed.

He won't, and I think it's fair to ask why?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I can understand why some people on this board view this as a news.

I think the need for reinforcements and hopes of winning have clouded the minds of some folks as to the reality of this situation.

When something doesn't look right, it just is not right.

How often does a player sit out 8 weeks from a concussion? A concussion for which there is no clear play evidence?

This POS used a non-quantifiable condition to stay out 8 weeks.

Abusing the concussion excuse is a low-life move that sheds a negative light on a real concern for football players.

Opens a Pandoras Box but yet at the same time plants seeds of doubt about athletes and concussion.

Just a scumbag move from a scumbag!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I would normally agree but he plays a position of need around the league. This isn't a diva WR or RB or even a DB, this is guy who has been an All-Pro Left Tackle.

If you want to know how desperate teams are for guys on the O-line, keep these two facts in mind.

1) Richie Incognito is still in the league and starting.... yeah the nutjob, psycho who wanted to decapitate his Father's corpse has a job.

2) Cedric Ogbuehi - Is still on an NFL roster, we will see him Sunday actually.

Those two examples alone say that someone is giving you a pick for a guy who can start at LT. The season is lost, stockpile picks.

No, he hasn't.  Check the accolades section of his Wiki Page.  No mention of All Pro, not even the "Pro Bowl"..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordy_Glenn

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 05:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Cordy Glenn has never been an All-Pro. Dude's never even been a Pro Bowler. He's also missed 25 out of his last 56 games since the start of 2016 (22 out of his last 43).

All his injury troubles started up when he signed a 5yr/$65m deal in 2016. 

Exactly, he got paid, then decided to lay down on the job.  (at least that's what it's starting to look like, anyway)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:48 PM)samhain Wrote: I came on here this afternoon to be "that guy" and posit that Jim Turner played a role in this.  You beat me to it.  Respect, sir.

I have no idea how the team could have handled it any more carefully.  He's been out 7 weeks being candy-assed.  

I like to blame ownership for a lot, but this piece of shit is malingering, straight up.  It's becoming fairly clear.  He wanted to miss games and still collect checks.  He deserved to be humiliated for it.  I know!  Make him play for the Bengals for the rest of the year!

I'd also guess that he may still be a bit butt hurt about being moved out of the LT spot the second Jonah was drafted.  Someone's widdle feewings have been ruptured.

Another wasted player and a waste of good money.The guy has turned out to be a nut case and I kept thinking his concussion was taking a long time to heal.I just think the guy is LAZY. He for sure has mental issues and should be gone.To me you would think he would want to make this his home and help make us a great team,because he has talent and he is super strong. Another bad apple,I guess the only thing you can do is release him and eat the money.what a bad thing to hear.I have been suspect of him for a while now,Hope we hear the real truth about all this. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 03:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Is 7 weeks really "rushing" someone back though? I feel like the Bengals have been really patient with him.

Depends upon his symptoms. If he is still having symptoms he can’t be cleared. Many of the symptoms of concussions are completely subjective such as a headache. If Glenn complained of headaches after practicing he shouldn’t be cleared to play. And you can’t prove someone isn’t having a headache v
Reply/Quote
The dude doesn’t want to play for this team and has been using the concussion as an excuse the whole damn time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 04:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Doctor - Ok Cordy, concussion test time.  Do you want to play for Jim Turner and the Bengals?
Cordy - No.
Doctor - He's fine to play.
Cordy - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, it’s like Catch 22. Helluva catch that Catch 22.
Reply/Quote