Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Glenn still under concussion protocol
Price graded out at 7.1 pass blocking against SF. I've never saw a ranking that low.

He just looks lost out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Price graded out at 7.1 pass blocking against SF. I've never saw a ranking that low.

He just looks lost out there.

Many gave up on Ross and many other Bengals picks injured their rookie season.   The injury to Green gave Ross an opportunity.  This could be an opportunity for Price.  That's really what life is anyway, challenges and opportunities.   If Ross can step up, maybe Price can, both being #1 draft Picks.   As a Team, coming off awful game, this week is an Opportunity to play better. As a Fan I wish Glenn can play, but if he can't, it is what it is. GO BENGALS ANYWAY.

Seahawks are 2-0, 49ers are 2-0, but Bills also 2-0....This is no easy game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:09 PM)kevin Wrote: Many gave up on Ross and many other Bengals picks injured their rookie season.   The injury to Green gave Ross an opportunity.  This could be an opportunity for Price.  That's really what life is anyway, challenges and opportunities.   If Ross can step up, maybe Price can, both being #1 draft Picks.  

Ross got opportunity last year too and did little. A new staff came in that feeds him the ball more no matter what. Honestly, IF we weren't throwing 50+ times a game, Ross would likely be getting 4-5 targets a game and getting 40-50 yards receiving. The real opportunity Ross got this year is that we can't run the ball, so we throw a ton.

Price got opportunity last week. I doubt that within the span of a week he becomes some great blocker. The throwing 50+ times a game is rough on Price.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ross got opportunity last year too and did little. A new staff came in that feeds him the ball more no matter what. Honestly, IF we weren't throwing 50+ times a game, Ross would likely be getting 4-5 targets a game and getting 40-50 yards receiving. The real opportunity Ross got this year is that we can't run the ball, so we throw a ton.

Price got opportunity last week. I doubt that within the span of a week he becomes some great blocker. The throwing 50+ times a game is rough on Price.
Urban Meyer called Price one of the best players he ever had at Florida or Ohio State.  He actually had more promise out of college than Ross.  As a Fan, I can HOPE Price blocks some people if he starts due to injuries.  He really hasn't started that many games considering injured most of rookie year and on bench his second year.  Maybe he just needs to get in there and learn the NFL.  All college players have to learn the NFL. it's faster and harder than college per all NFL Vets. .....Anyway, looks like it falls on Price this week, and team could use him stepping up his game.  Again, GO BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Urban Meyer called Price one of the best players he ever had at Florida or Ohio State.  He actually had more promise out of college than Ross.  As a Fan, I can HOPE Price blocks some people if he starts due to injuries.  He really hasn't started that many games considering injured most of rookie year and on bench his second year.  Maybe he just needs to get in there and learn the NFL.  All college players have to learn the NFL. it's faster and harder than college per all NFL Vets. .....Anyway, looks like it falls on Price this week, and team could use him stepping up his game.  Again, GO BENGALS. 

He got pancaked on his 1st blocking play yesterday. I just don't know. I think playing him is crushing his confidence.

Maybe a week of practice as the starter will help him. But, they might go Jerry instead of MJ.
Reply/Quote
Price needs to take the scarlet and grey skiRT
And start playing like he belongs in the NFL.
If not cut him and pick up free agent OG.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In the name of full disclosure it should be noted that PFF grades our overall run blocking better than 6 other teams.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals’ offensive line is struggling to create room in the run game

Nobody is going to confuse the Bengals’ offensive line with that of the Dallas Cowboys since the only thing they have in common is spending first-round draft capital on the unit in recent years. Cincinnati will enter Week 3 as the 26th-ranked run blocking team (53.3); altogether, the unit has given their rushers less than a yard before contact per attempt (-0.1) resulting in a league-worst 1.8 rushing yards per attempt this season.
Reply/Quote
The Cordy Glenn head watch continues. He remains in the concussion protocol as of today. Frankly, he hasn't worked out let alone practice in a month. It will take at least 2 weeks to get back into playing shape. It is likely he'll be out until week 5 at least

Andre Smith is ok and will play on Sunday barring any surprises at practice this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We have another Utecht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This can't be good.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bills dline is going to feast.

These camp bodies (Smith) always seem to start for us. "Funny" how that works. Remember this next offseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 02:42 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We have another Utecht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except with Utecht, from the time of the injury, the question always was IF he could come back not when.  Everyone knew from the time he left practice in an ambulance that he was badly injured.  Glenn never reported any symptoms until after the game which led to the assumption it wasn't, in the scheme of concussions, horribly serious.  But, I guess it shows us that any concussion is serious not just the ones that  came from bad looking hits

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He is now into his 5th week since the concussion. Seems to me that if it takes this long to get over then he would not play all year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 03:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is now into his 5th week since the concussion.  Seems to me that if it takes this long to get over then he would not play all year.

Yes - I'm thinking the same thing.

Sidney Crosby had something like this happen with him.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 12:25 PM)kevin Wrote: Urban Meyer called Price one of the best players he ever had at Florida or Ohio State.  He actually had more promise out of college than Ross.  As a Fan, I can HOPE Price blocks some people if he starts due to injuries.  He really hasn't started that many games considering injured most of rookie year and on bench his second year.  Maybe he just needs to get in there and learn the NFL.  All college players have to learn the NFL. it's faster and harder than college per all NFL Vets. .....Anyway, looks like it falls on Price this week, and team could use him stepping up his game.  Again, GO BENGALS. 

Ross had a 6.19 combine rating, which equates to "Should be an instant starter.". Price had a 5.90 rating, which equates to "Has a chance to become an NFL starter.". Ross was more highly rated coming out by a significant margin.  

We all hope Price gets better, but right now, he looks like a great college player that can't cut it in the NFL. With Ross, the physical talent was apparent.  It was the mental part that caused the issues.  With Price, there are questions about both his physical talent and the mental aspect of his game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals’ offensive line is struggling to create room in the run game

In other news, the sky is blue, water is wet, Democrats hate Trump, Roethlisberger is a rapist, you can't get blood from a stone and buffalo wings are the greatest food ever.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good news he's been in the final stage for the last 3 weeks. so as soon as he's cleared. he should step right back in starting. if we have Johnah and Glenn both back late in the year we could actually have a competent line we just have to tread water until then
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 02:49 PM)pally Wrote:  Glenn never reported any symptoms until after the game which led to the assumption it wasn't, in the scheme of concussions, horribly serious.  

That is the strangest part about all of this.
Reply/Quote