This is not good.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 04:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is not good.  

That's brutal.  He must of really got his bell rung.  Hope the extra time is just being very precautionary for his long term health.
Reply/Quote
Do we IR Glenn it seems he may want to retire if it's taking this long to recover. I know we have a good thing going here but with someone's long term health and livelihood its just not worth it
Reply/Quote
Cordy might need to consider retirement. This is far more serious then they let on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 04:24 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: That's brutal.  He must of really got his bell rung.  Hope the extra time is just being very precautionary for his long term health.

I do not know how many concussions Glenn has suffered but approximately a month under concussion protocol seems lengthy...Nevertheless, there is no time-table...There are 5 steps according to this article:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/18/12940926/nfl-concussion-protocol-explained

I just hope he is healthy and his long-term health is not in question.  I also hope it doesn't mean the Bengals will lose another O-Line player to early retirement...   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I hope if anything comes from this we find a new pre-season team too play besides Redskins Surely we can find a more professional opponent too play next season. The head hunting late hits pushing after the whistle.
Reply/Quote
It seems like any football player who needed over a month to recover from a concussion would seriously consider retirement.

Maybe if it happened at the end of a season and a guy had months to get back to normal. If I was still feeling effects after a month I would not play for months.
Reply/Quote

This must be the mother of all concussions.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

No it's not. I don't believe I've heard of someone being in the protocol that long.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 05:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: No it's not. I don't believe I've heard of someone being in the protocol that long.

I coached high school soccer. We had 3 players miss 8 weeks due to symptoms. Then season ended.

We were extra safe as they were high school students, but they were all back playing the following year.

They were fine and no more issues.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 04:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not know how many concussions Glenn has suffered but approximately a month under concussion protocol seems lengthy...Nevertheless, there is no time-table...There are 5 steps according to this article:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/18/12940926/nfl-concussion-protocol-explained

I just hope he is healthy and his long-term health is not in question.  I also hope it doesn't mean the Bengals will lose another O-Line player to early retirement...   

was gonna say do we know how many hes had in the past. not that it directly matters but could have lead to a longer time.
Reply/Quote
92% of all reported concussions usually are back at practice in 7 days or less.

If this one is lingering this long. he might just retire once cleared.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 05:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: was gonna say do we know how many hes had in the past. not that it directly matters but could have lead to a longer time.

Yes, a lot of factors including not easy to pass the concussion test.

Our doctors and trainers get abused in here, but it appears to me they are handling this one correctly, player safety first. I am not sure all teams would allow him this time to recover.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 05:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: 92% of all reported concussions usually are back at practice in 7 days or less.

Where did that stat come from?

Please provide the link.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 04:24 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: That's brutal.  He must of really got his bell rung.  Hope the extra time is just being very precautionary for his long term health.

Glenn will not be a Bengal in 2020,Dude cannot stay healthy and we got the bad end of that deal.I seriously believe number 71 is playing better than glenn did.Today they released Driskel the qb. that means unless Dalton gets us in the playoffs,he will be gone before they pay him another big deal.Hope he preforms super good all season.We are super thin at O line.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 05:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: 92% of all reported concussions usually are back at practice in 7 days or less.

right which makes me wonder how long they really take to clear or if some players are better a getting past the test to return to the field sooner.

something im reading says nonelite atheletes took around an average of 29 days to clear.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 05:48 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Glenn will not be a Bengal in 2020,Dude cannot stay healthy and we got the bad end of that deal.I seriously believe number 71 is playing better than glenn did.Today they released Driskel the qb. that means unless Dalton gets us in the playoffs,he will be gone before they pay him another big deal.Hope he preforms super good all season.We are super thin at O line.

Driskel being released has a bearing on Dalton?  I'm confused.

Also, I thought Driskel was put on IR.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 05:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Where did that stat come from?

Please provide the link.

How many people on here realize we lost to the Hawks and with all this goofy media feeding our players and coaches a bunch of positive crap,I will not be surprised if they lay a gaint turd egg this sunday.All of you hopefully remember whenever this stupid media feeds our players a bunch of positive crap,they LAY DOWN.JUST SAYING!!!!! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 05:51 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: How many people on here realize we lost to the Hawks and with all this goofy media feeding our players and coaches a bunch of positive crap,I will not be surprised if they lay a gaint turd egg this sunday.All of you hopefully remember whenever this stupid media feeds our players a bunch of positive crap,they LAY DOWN.JUST SAYING!!!!! :andy:

You're referencing the Bengals of last year and years in the past.   Based on last Sunday, there might be reason to believe this ain't last year's team.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 05:50 PM)McC Wrote: Driskel being released has a bearing on Dalton?  I'm confused.

Also, I thought Driskel was put on IR.

lol driskel was Released from IR... So he can go find a new home.
Reply/Quote