Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn suspended one game by the team....
https://www.bengals.com/news/cordy-glenn-suspended

Figured they'd do something.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This will make things better.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:15 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: This will make things better.

I have zero belief that he'll play a down this season. However, I just read that if they cut him, they have to pay the entire 9.25 million to him to go sit on the couch. My guess this a warning shot across the bow. They can suspend him and not pay him for this weekend, I think, someone may want to verify that. So, he may just wind up suspended all year, but they're not gonna pay him to sit on his candy ass.  Ball's in his court. 

Also, with zero discipline in the matter, you'd be setting a bad precedent.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I have zero belief that he'll play a down this season. However, I just read that if they cut him, they have to pay the entire 9.25 million to him to go sit on the couch. My guess this a warning shot across the bow. They can suspend him and not pay him for this weekend, I think, someone may want to verify that. So, he may just wind up suspended all year, but they're not gonna pay him to sit on his candy ass.  Ball's in his court. 

Also, with zero discipline in the matter, you'd be setting a bad precedent.

Right, because he was on the roster as a veteran his whole salary is guaranteed for the year. The suspension does prevent paying out game checks though. I think this ends next week with him being traded as the need at tackle for other teams is high and he is on the last year of his deal. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right, because he was on the roster as a veteran his whole salary is guaranteed for the year. The suspension does prevent paying out game checks though. I think this ends next week with him being traded as the need at tackle for other teams is high and he is on the last year of his deal. 

I thought that was the case. Yes, agreed, trade him ASAP. If they're no takers, then suspend him every week.... LOL

Reply/Quote
Not only is a suspension disciplinary, but it’s also therapeutic because now he gets the rest he claimed he needed.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought that was the case. Yes, agreed, trade him ASAP. If they're no takers, then suspend him every week.... LOL

Team owned and managed by a bunch of lawyers that might not know jack squat about good football decisions, but they sure do know their way around contract law..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
OOOOH! That'll show him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not only is a suspension disciplinary, but it’s also therapeutic because now he gets the rest he claimed he needed.

LMAO, good point! Win, win!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Team owned and managed by a bunch of lawyers that might not know jack squat about good football decisions, but they sure do know their way around contract law..

Ain't no doubts about that!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Team owned and managed by a bunch of lawyers that might not know jack squat about good football decisions, but they sure do know their way around contract law..

What's the point of trying to force him to play?
If they let him on the field, he will barely try and end up getting a team mate hurt.

Suspend every week.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What's the point of trying to force him to play?
If they let him on the field, he will barely try and end up getting a team mate hurt.

Suspend every week.

This.

But since he does not get paid for suspension the NFLPA will file and appeal with the league.
Reply/Quote

A. J. McCarron disagrees.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What's the point of trying to force him to play?

Suspend every week.

(10-18-2019, 01:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

But since he does not get paid for suspension the NFLPA will file and appeal with the league.

Agreed gentlemen.....Fred, if he continues to be disruptive, then wouldn't the team have merit with their suspensions? Like Mike said, I was for suspending him until he's traded.

Reply/Quote

Suspend every week.

One might think so, but if he goes out there and loafs and barely tries, that is going to all be on tape for other teams to see. Not a good look for someone looking to sign elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 12:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Right, because he was on the roster as a veteran his whole salary is guaranteed for the year. The suspension does prevent paying out game checks though. I think this ends next week with him being traded as the need at tackle for other teams is high and he is on the last year of his deal. 

I think it's in the Bengals best interest to trade Glenn also. I just wonder what kind of return we would get for a guy that looks like he has now quit on not one, but two NFL teams. I guess getting something is better than nothing, if we can swing a deal.
Reply/Quote

Everyone knows contract lawyers win championships in football. 

"Your honor my client knows contract law since he graduated Cum laundry from an esteemed contract law university.."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Generally a suspension voids any future guarantees in a contract.

I think this is just a step in the process to save money wasted on this guy. Lots of it
Reply/Quote
Are some players trying to establish a record of concussions for future NFL settlements?
Reply/Quote
If you want to truly punish Cordy Glenn don’t suspend him or fine him. Make him actually play.
Reply/Quote