Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn suspended one game by the team....
Helluva trade last year huh?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 03:47 PM)jason Wrote: Helluva trade last year huh?

Yes it was.  It was exactly the type of move that fans had been screaming for.

But I am sure everyone will forget that and start trashing Mike Brown for it.
Reply/Quote
I'd send him to Washington for Trent and 2nd round pick (and conditional late pick).

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it was.  It was exactly the type of move that fans had been screaming for.

This.

The biggest issue with the team for the past two-three seasons is that offensive line. They've done 'things' to address it. Sign players, trade for players, draft high-end players, but none of it has worked out. Just the card we are dealt, unfortunately.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 03:51 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I'd send him to Washington for Trent and 2nd round pick (and conditional late pick).

Aside form not thinking it's enough for Washington, apparently they won't even entertain conversations on Williams. Teams call and they literally just tell them not interested and hang up. Bruce Allen is basically as bad as the Bengals front office.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Aside form not thinking it's enough for Washington, apparently they won't even entertain conversations on Williams. Teams call and they literally just tell them not interested and hang up. Bruce Allen is basically as bad as the Bengals front office.

Honestly, after Glenn basically apparently quit on the team and wants out...maybe we shouldn't trade for a Tackle that's doing the same thing in Washington?

Guys disgruntled for other teams...will likely be disgruntled here. I mean we're 0-6. It's a bad situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Aside form not thinking it's enough for Washington, apparently they won't even entertain conversations on Williams. Teams call and they literally just tell them not interested and hang up. Bruce Allen is basically as bad as the Bengals front office.

I don't think it would be either. They're getting a 'solid' tackle, an early pick and a later pick. I'd think that would be close to a first round trade but I don't know for certain.

As for the situation, it looks like they're okay with just letting Williams sit. I understand not giving into the diva mentality but you're burning money. 

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:05 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I don't think it would be either. They're getting a 'solid' tackle, an early pick and a later pick. I'd think that would be close to a first round trade but I don't know for certain.

As for the situation, it looks like they're okay with just letting Williams sit. I understand not giving into the diva mentality but you're burning money. 

Are the Redskins actually burning money?  I thought that Williams was on a hold out, did that situation change?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are the Redskins actually burning money?  I thought that Williams was on a hold out, did that situation change?

Correct. He's not getting paid.
Reply/Quote
Call up Washington and trade him for Williams
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it was.  It was exactly the type of move that fans had been screaming for.

I'm gonna give him a pass on this one and blame the big fat guy trying to steal Mike Brown's money.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well....so much for Glenn coming back and saving the Oline.
Reply/Quote

I agree with you Fred at the time I though it was a good move as did many fans. With the Bengals free agency approach and terrible drafts as of late it was a move that had to be done. The Bengals lost a trade but at least they tried to be aggressive which has been long overdue.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.  Still has $4.69M left this year that is not guaranteed.

$9.5M next year.

No team will trade for that contract if they think we will cut him.

So if he is cut, he doesn't go through waivers?  He is free to sign with any team that wants him?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:59 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Call up Washington and trade him for Williams

And what, exactly do you think that Williams will be good for?  He's been holding out.  Not only is he often injured, but he's completely out of shape, and demanding entirely too much money.  He'd take a month to get into shape, then be good for what, two, maybe three games before he got injured again?  No, thank you.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 05:33 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I agree with you Fred at the time I though it was a good move as did many fans. With the Bengals free agency approach and terrible drafts as of late it was a move that had to be done. The Bengals lost a trade but at least they tried to be aggressive which has been long overdue.

I'm with you guys, I thought it was a good move at the time. I knew nothing of Glenn's alleged discontent at the time of the trade. We got our asses burnt, but it was the right move at the right time.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 05:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And what, exactly do you think that Williams will be good for?  He's been holding out.  Not only is he often injured, but he's completely out of shape, and demanding entirely too much money.  He'd take a month to get into shape, then be good for what, two, maybe three games before he got injured again?  No, thank you.

Plus he's 31 years old and it will probably take us 3 plus years at least to clean this mess up. Jonah Williams is the future LT if, now if we traded for a young RT i'd be on board. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 04:59 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Call up Washington and trade him for Williams

Post #45

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 02:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I gotcha.....if he's not showing up at all, then it seems the team would have a leg to stand on regarding week by week suspensions.  I'd hope they're already actively looking to trade him.

We'll just have to read the NFL Times: Fat Lazy Slob looking to be traded. Soft as fresh linen also. All trade inquiries contact Michael Brown at PBS... No offer refused    Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 06:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We'll just have to read the NFL Times: Fat Lazy Slob looking to be traded. Soft as fresh linen also. All trade inquiries contact Michael Brown at PBS... No offer refused    Tongue

Doubt he even get's coupons for Denny's at this point.

Reply/Quote