Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenn versus Bennett??
Two franchises, one run by experts, one ran by morons.

Why is Glenn still a Bengal? Pats suspend and then trade Bennett (for nothing) because he disrespected a coach and the organization.

Bengals play it just the opposite.

This is an example of loser versus winner mentality.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Patriots would have kept him around if they needed him like we need Glenn. They just traded him because they did not need him anymore.
Reply/Quote
Ahh c'mon.. Mike loves Glenn's grit and determination to stand up for a medically assisted concussion.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The Pats signed AB after he acted up in Oakland. Let's not paint them to be some noble franchise
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Pats signed AB after he acted up in Oakland. Let's not paint them to be some noble franchise

You mean Tom selling some stuff that can make you play football forever isn't a noble endeavor? Oh c'mon.. You can't get more noble than snake oil sales. Just think of all the uses for snake oil! It could be a great engine lubricant or maybe a great mental masterbatory lubricant!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bennett is healthy Glenn has had a supposed concussion since the preseason which probably scares teams away. Can make a better case if guys like Eifert, Dunalp and Geno aren't traded away. But the main point is this team should be sellers.
Reply/Quote
From reading quotes, I get the sense that the Bengals think they're close to turning this thing around. What that means...I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Pats signed AB after he acted up in Oakland. Let's not paint them to be some noble franchise

Tbf they did cut him pretty quickly.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From reading quotes, I get the sense that the Bengals think they're close to turning this thing around. What that means...I don't know.

That means they are really stupid and have no clue as to how to run a successful NFL franchise (but we knew that already)
Reply/Quote
Hey Patriots... What'll you give us for Carlos Dunlap?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:58 PM)jason Wrote: Hey Patriots... What'll you give us for Carlos Dunlap?

Does that defense even need him? Man, they’re good.

Reply/Quote

you are just a hater. they do as they please and it happens to be very successful. I'd give anything to be as "NOBLE" and successful as that team!!

Reply/Quote
Glenn is very fragile. Are you trying to hurt his feelings?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Patriots would have kept him around if they needed him like we need Glenn.  They just traded him because they did not need him anymore.

They also cut Brown and traded for Sanu so I guess they cut a guy they needed.

Pats are well run, we are not and sadly fans like you defend them with every move they make.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
TBH i can't decide if Dalton is safer behind a washed up Smith or Quitter Glenn. I can see him watching guys blow right by him on purpose/playing half ass.  If i were Andy I would be having a very serious conversation with Zac about this possibility.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 08:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Patriots would have kept him around if they needed him like we need Glenn.  They just traded him because they did not need him anymore.

We don't need him. We're 0-7, most likely soon to be 0-8. And he's still not back. We have nothing left to play for of note, other than pride and development.

How many games does adding Glenn win this team, if any at all? 0, 1, 2...?   Is he a long term answer? Is he here even next season? Does he help or hurt the culture Taylor is trying build here?

What exactly do you gain by having him on this roster? Maybe a win or two (doubtful)? And at what cost?

The cost is 1.) Lost compensation (draft pick) 2.) Development and gained experience of younger players. Players who will actually play a roll here in a rebuild beyond this season. And 3.) The potential for distraction/poisoning of the locker-room, a locker-room that already is extremely fragile given their performance thus far.

To each their, I see no value whatsoever in him. I sse the exact opposite. Take whatever you can get, if anything, and move on. NOW. Give those reps to some young guys and worry strickly about development and building for the future. He's a cancer that needs to be removed before the behavior spreads or taints anyone else.

As with many things surrounding this team, I'm often left with this question: What message are you sending? What message are you sending by allowing this clown to stay? To your players, coaches, to your fans... What message are you sending here?

Ex: What message are you sending by not having having the same competitive advantages and luxuries as your peers? (Indoor facility, scouting department, free agency activity)

It sends a bad message, and IMHO gives the impression your standards are not as high as your peers. By putting up with this, by allowing this, it's just another brick in the wall of lowered standards.

An example needs to be made. And that's without considering the rebuilding benefits. If he stays I just don't see a single thing to be gained. Only negatives and only the idea that of them having a culture and standards that are so much less than.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Does that defense even need him? Man, they’re good.

They seem to be made by the blitz. They could use a Geno or a Dunlap but who doesn't really. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 11:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They seem to be made by the blitz. They could use a Geno or a Dunlap but who doesn't really. 

Huh? Why would teams NEED our garbage players?

Geno maybe, but Dunlap? Nawwhhhh
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 11:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Huh? Why would teams NEED our garbage players?

Geno maybe, but Dunlap? Nawwhhhh

He was having a rough season (most of the team is), but garbage? That’s a bit much.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:44 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: TBH i can't decide if Dalton is safer behind a washed up Smith or Quitter Glenn. I can see him watching guys blow right by him on purpose/playing half ass.  If i were Andy I would be having a very serious conversation with Zac about this possibility.

To be honest Jerry had not been doing any worse in pass protection than either of them ...and he had never played LT since high school till 2 weeks ago.
Reply/Quote