Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gliers goetta
Stuff I've loved since I was a kid.. My grandmother used to make goetta so delicious it was a Christmas present we always looked forward to..Gliers is almost as good, but not quite.. My grandmother was a native German Cincinattian.. She learned to make the real deal goetta WAY BACK when..
Anyway, I just placed an order to be shipped here to SC.. The stores here have never heard of goetta.. I'd love to see it catch on in other places other than just Ohio and Kentucky and parts of Indiana..the rest of the world just doesn't know what it's missing..

Anyway, if you have never tried fried goetta you really should..and if you live away from the area it's sold in stores you can order online @ https://www.cincyfavorites.com/gliers/
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glier's Goetta is the only thing that makes me think that there may be a god out there looking after me. There is no way this stuff came into my life by chance.

Really, I am thankful that my grandparents settled in Cincinnati for many reasons. This is one of them.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 05:50 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Glier's Goetta is the only thing that makes me think that there may be a god out there looking after me. There is no way this stuff came into my life by chance.

Really, I am thankful that my grandparents settled in Cincinnati for many reasons. This is one of them.

As good as goetta is it makes me wonder how it's not popular everywhere. I've asked for it in stores locally and people just stare back like I'm asking them for food from another planet.. Anyway, I had to cancel my order because they wanted to charge me about $75 for shipping.. I think instead I'll have one of my kids buy it in a store and ship it in a styrofoam container with a bit of ice for the 2 day trip..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Never even heard of it, guess it is time to expand my horizons.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 06:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Stuff I've loved since I was a kid.. My grandmother used to make goetta so delicious it was a Christmas present we always looked forward to..Gliers is almost as good, but not quite.. My grandmother was a native German Cincinattian.. She learned to make the real deal goetta WAY BACK when..
Anyway, I just placed an order to be shipped here to SC.. The stores here have never heard of goetta.. I'd love to see it catch on in other places other than just Ohio and Kentucky and parts of Indiana..the rest of the world just doesn't know what it's missing..

Anyway, if you have never tried fried goetta you really should..and if you live away from the area it's sold in stores you can order online @ https://www.cincyfavorites.com/gliers/

If you look at Wiki, something like 95% of goetta is consumed in the greater Cincinnati area.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 06:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Stuff I've loved since I was a kid.. My grandmother used to make goetta so delicious it was a Christmas present we always looked forward to..Gliers is almost as good, but not quite.. My grandmother was a native German Cincinattian.. She learned to make the real deal goetta WAY BACK when..

The pizza on that website looks amazing.

Reply/Quote
Is this what is put into Cincy chili to make it so special? 

I've never heard of this either.  Is it pronounced Gitta or Gutta?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 06:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Is this what is put into Cincy chili to make it so special? 

I've never heard of this either.  Is it pronounced Gitta or Gutta?

getta; get uh. Not sure which one gets it across better.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Stuff is pretty damn expensive. Yet, half tempted to order.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 10:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Stuff is pretty damn expensive. Yet, half tempted to order.
If you live in the greater Cincinnati area or Dayton, Columbus, etc. You can buy in stores such as Kroger and a few others. It's about $5 per tube usually where sausage is located in the stores..  It's not in every store in every town   In Columbus I could only find it in the store off S High St.. 
Online it's ridiculously expensive..

Reply/Quote
You gotta try the bacon goetta from Gliers. They don’t always have it but it’s damn good. I never had goetta growing up even though my family has a lot of German heritage to us. First time I had it was at my wife’s parents house when we first got together many years ago. Regular goetta is good but bacon goetta is off the charts good.
Reply/Quote