Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glimpse of AJ Green
I was watching the Georgia/Alabama game last night and saw a glimpse of AJ Green on the Georgia sideline. I didn't see the commentators mention him during the game which seemed strange. He was shown at the end of the game after the Bama winning touchdown. I know AJ was a receiver for Georgia in college. I just think he deserves being highlighted. I mean they showed Hershel Walker of all people. To me, it seems like the media does not respect the Bengals players.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:18 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I was watching the Georgia/Alabama game last night and saw a glimpse of AJ Green on the Georgia sideline. I didn't see the commentators mention him during the game which seemed strange. He was shown at the end of the game after the Bama winning touchdown. I know AJ was a receiver for Georgia in college. I just think he deserves being highlighted. I mean they showed Hershel Walker of all people. To me, it seems like the media does not respect the Bengals players.

That.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
They were about to cut over to him and Atkins, but the hot dog guy handed Atkins' hotdogs to AJ to pass them over.... and he dropped them. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He was standing next to Matthew Stafford and they didn't say anything about him either. My guess is there were a ton of NFL players between those two schools so you really couldn't run down the full list.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: He was standing next to Matthew Stafford and they didn't say anything about him either. My guess is there were a ton of NFL players between those two schools so you really couldn't run down the full list.

Well, AJ is a Pro Bowl player. Stafford is good too. Glad I recognized him. Maybe they didn't want it to be considered an NFL game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:18 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I was watching the Georgia/Alabama game last night and saw a glimpse of AJ Green on the Georgia sideline. I didn't see the commentators mention him during the game which seemed strange. He was shown at the end of the game after the Bama winning touchdown. I know AJ was a receiver for Georgia in college. I just think he deserves being highlighted. I mean they showed Hershel Walker of all people. To me, it seems like the media does not respect the Bengals players.

Surprised AJ was not highlighted as well but do not get the "they showed Hershel Walker of all people" comment. 

Would certainly think all have enough star power to highlight. Geno too. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Do you realize how many NFL players have come out of Georgia and Bama just in the last 5 years? My god some of you people with your little man complex amaze me.

And are you trying to say AJ should have been shown over Walker? He's only one of the best college running backs ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They were about to cut over to him and Atkins, but the hot dog guy handed Atkins' hotdogs to AJ to pass them over.... and he dropped them. Ninja

So this is officially this season’s version of Burfict is fat and sucks narrative.

He was credited with only 4 drops. FOUR. I wonder if Falcons fans are killing Julio Jones (who had 7) like this...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:18 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote:  I mean they showed Hershel Walker of all people. To me, it seems like the media does not respect the Bengals players.

Huh?  Herschel Walker is Georgia's best player ever and maybe one of the best college players ever!  If you combine his USFL and NFl stats he is number 5 overall in rushing and number 1 overall in total yards.  In the 1981 Sugar Bowl he rushed 36 times...Their QB threw the ball 1 time, yes 1 time!! and they won the game and National Championship.  He was the player that Dallas traded for 5 players and six draft picks to Minnesota.

But hey..."Herschel Walker of all people"...LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:06 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Do you realize how many NFL players have come out of Georgia and Bama just in the last 5 years? My god some of you people with your little man complex amaze me.

And are you trying to say AJ should have been shown over Walker? He's only one of the best college running backs ever.

Little man complex? You must post a lot of anonymous stuff on the internet just so people can't have you own up to your comments. I did not say AJ should have been shown over Walker. You put words in my mouth. Probably do it a lot to others which means you have issues yourself.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:07 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Little man complex? You must post a lot of anonymous stuff on the internet just so people can't have you own up to your comments. I did not say AJ should have been shown over Walker. You put words in my mouth. Probably do it a lot to others which means you have issues yourself.

Your statement about them showing "Herschel Walker of all people" absolutely was a slight towards him. If it wasn't, I'll ask you directly..... What exactly did you mean by that statement? Don't hide from it. Own it. It's ok that you're younger and didn't see him play. He isn't as relevant today as AJ is, but he's the greatest Georgia Bulldog of time.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:21 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Your statement about them showing "Herschel Walker of all people" absolutely was a slight towards him. If it wasn't, I'll ask you directly..... What exactly did you mean by that statement? Don't hide from it. Own it. It's ok that you're younger and didn't see him play. He isn't as relevant today as AJ is, but he's the greatest Georgia Bulldog of time.

I thought Odell Thurman was the greatest!!!    Ninja
Reply/Quote

This is unreal. Only Bengals fans could whine and complain about this.

Media bias! Rigged! No respect! What a bunch of snowflakes
Reply/Quote
I can't believe they mentioned Walker over kicker Rex Robinson, drafted by the Bengals in 1977! 
If ever there was blatant media bias... geeeez! 
After all, who doesn't remember the exploits of Rex?
We should all protest AND erect a 70 foot tall golden statue of Rex on the 50 yardline of Riverfront stadium.. posthumously...even...though...he's...still..metaphorically kicking.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Really stretching to find things to be offended by
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 01:07 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Little man complex? You must post a lot of anonymous stuff on the internet just so people can't have you own up to your comments. I did not say AJ should have been shown over Walker. You put words in my mouth. Probably do it a lot to others which means you have issues yourself.

Clearly you've yet to grasp anything that anyone has said in this thread so far. If you didn't understand what I was saying by my little man complex statement, which based on your post you clearly dont' I can't help you man. It was very, very obvious. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 02:34 PM)motoarch Wrote: Really stretching to find things to be offended by

I'm offended by you not being offended sufficiently over things that don't matter sufficiently..
You're probably only offended by my over use of the word sufficiently.. lol That's highly and sufficiently offensive..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Dear god. If any thread qualified for deletion this is the one.

I feel dumber for having read all the way through it.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 03:04 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Dear god. If any thread qualified for deletion this is the one.

I feel dumber for having read all the way through it.

Have you read the gazillion threads about the team owner being cheap lately?  We could open and operate the greatest dead horse beating museum with that topic alone..lol

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 12:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So this is officially this season’s version of Burfict is fat and sucks narrative.

He was credited with only 4 drops. FOUR. I wonder if Falcons fans are killing Julio Jones (who had 7) like this...

Four drops and at least half a dozen other plays that probably didn't get counted as drops because he wasn't paying attention.  There's nothing wrong with Green that he can't correct but I don't think there's any question that he didn't play up to his own standards this season.
Reply/Quote