Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorified Pre-Season Game: Who's Attending?
If you're going to the game Sunday, please share your thoughts. What are you wanting to see? Do you expect a victory, or do you much care one way or the other? With whom are you attending the game? Tailgating?

Attending with a cousin of mine. I let him pick which game he wanted to attend and he thought this would be an important one. Five months ago I thought so, too. Now it's a meaningless game in 41 degree rain. Wonder if there will even be 50,000 there.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I predict a half empty stadium....

Until further notice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not going and may not watch it on TV. No reason for this game. Just hope we get out without injuries. Especially, a rain game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
They can still have a 4-3 winning record at home.....I don't count London as a home game on the banks of the Ohio River. ......Baltimore and Cincinnati both out of play-offs. ...Yet I will watch Bengals more than Packers/ Lions game for Play-Offs. Really all the AFC games are not that great except who wins AFC WEST....but NFC has some interesting games for Play-Offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Im done with attending games.Im so sick of the direction of this team.lets root for that #7 pick
Reply/Quote
C'mon, I can't be the only board member attending. Maybe the only one that will admit it Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 09:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: C'mon, I can't be the only board member attending. Maybe the only one that will admit it Smirk
You may be the only people in your section... Not counting the knobs in the Joe Flacco jerseys.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Uthis Sundays game isn't a glorified preseason game but just the last game of the season

Now, if the Bengals were in the playoffs, then it would be a glorified preseason game since the Bengals don't care if they win or lose because just getting there is good enough.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 09:44 PM)jason Wrote: You may be the only people in your section... Not counting the knobs in the Joe Flacco jerseys.

Cool, I like me some elbow room.  

Baltimore usually doesn't travel well, and there probably aren't many local Ravens fans, so I don't expect a lot of them on Sunday.  The Eagles fans surprised me this season, though, there were a lot of them at PBS a few Sundays back. 
Reply/Quote
This Is Our Playoffs.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'll be attending from the comfort of my bed. The tv is right at the foot of it. The best seat in the house. 
Actually I'll be listening to Laph and  Hoard since it's probably not on the tube here.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 12:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'll be attending from the comfort of my bed. The tv is right at the foot of it. The best seat in the house. 
Actually I'll be listening to Laph and  Hoard since it's probably not on the tube here.  

You should set up a George Foreman grill right next to it.  Put it on a timer and you can wake up to the smell of bacon cooking.

Reply/Quote
Gave away our season tix. Not sure if I'll renew for next year, after 30+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I would be going but I genuinely hate the Bengals so I gave mine away. At least my seats will be filled, I guess.
Reply/Quote
I used to give tickets to Make A Wish. This would have been a great game to give away tickets, but it is cold. Those kids don't need to be in the cold.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 02:03 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Gave away our season tix. Not sure if I'll renew for next year, after 30+ years.

Wow, that's too bad, but understandable.  Many more things we could be doing with our time and money.

(01-01-2017, 02:09 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I would be going but I genuinely hate the Bengals so I gave mine away. At least my seats will be filled, I guess.

If they were, they were some of the few filled.  Not sure what the "official" attendance was, but that stadium was pretty empty today.

(01-01-2017, 02:17 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I used to give tickets to Make A Wish. This would have been a great game to give away tickets, but it is cold. Those kids don't need to be in the cold.

It wasn't too bad out there today, and there were tons of kids in attendance.  I'd argue they also deserve better football to watch.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Wow, that's too bad, but understandable.  Many more things we could be doing with our time and money.

If they were, they were some of the few filled.  Not sure what the "official" attendance was, but that stadium was pretty empty today.

It wasn't too bad out there today, and there were tons of kids in attendance.  I'd argue they also deserve better football to watch.

Someone once told me they announce "today's attendance" as tickets sold. Not quite the same. Not sure if that's how it works though.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 10:29 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Someone once told me they announce "today's attendance" as tickets sold. Not quite the same. Not sure if that's how it works though.

I'd be interested to see the "sold" figure, would probably come in at about 55k.  But that stadium looked a whole lotta 40k to me today. Maybe 1/3 of the east upper deck was filled, and lots of empty seats everywhere. 
Reply/Quote