Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Bengals, Beat The Browns
I don't care no play-offs. I don't care about draft position. Bengals did win 3 games with Browning. Win one more. In THE JUNGLE. BEAT THE BROWNS. It would mean 9 wins so a winning season in spite of no Burrow or no Higgins most of season, but even if Bengals had no wins, I would still say BEAT THE BROWNS.

GO Browning. GO BENGALS. Beat Cleveland.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 05:10 PM)kevin Wrote: in spite of no Burrow or no Higgins most of season

Joe Burrow played in 10 out of 17 starts, Higgins played in 12 out of 17. Both played the majority of the season and the majority of the snaps.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
That’s a hard no for me. We can draft as high as 13 with a loss and low as 18 with a win. This team isn’t that good and needs more talent. Drafting in Bette positions in all 7 rounds will be helpful.
Reply/Quote
With the Bengals eliminated, the Ravens getting the 1 seed, and the Browns getting a WC spot, the only thing I want is Steelers not getting into the playoffs.
They don't deserve it with such a crappy team.
Frankly, they've lucked into the spot they're in to even be in contention still.

Winner of Colts-Texans will get in guaranteed.
Browns are already in, leaving just 1 spot between Bills, the loser of the above game, and the Steelers.

If Steelers lose, they are out.

In order to get in, they need to win, but also JAX or BUF to lose as well.

So we should be rooting for BUF and JAX because f*** the Steelers.

As for the Bengals-Browns, the Browns already locked in the 5-seed, so they're gonna play the winner of the AFC South regardless. There's nothing other than pride on the line for Browns.
Bengals are playing just for trying to further assess players and playcalling going into the offseason, as well as draft position.

Personally, I've always been a fan of get the better draft position, but losing won't change too much.
At the end of the day, I just want the Bengals to get an immediate contributor in the draft since we're probably gonna see some important starter(s) depart in FA and need to fill a hole (or holes).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 05:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So we should be rooting for BUF and JAX because f*** the Steelers.

Right on. It's too late to have that attitude about the Ravens and Browns since they are in the playoffs. Let's root for no Tomlin/Mason Rudolph playoff run and let's root on Zac finishing the season with his third consecutive winning record.

Then we can worry about free agency and the draft.
Reply/Quote
I know some are into Cincinnati is an Ohio team and so is Cleveland, but I am not. Cleveland fans never root for Bengals and I refuse to root for Cleveland.

I do not want to see Cleveland walking off the field celebrating sweeping Bengals this season.

I want to to see Browning walking off field helping Bengals BEAT BROWNS and Bengals finish with a winning record.

Plus the Bengals have been losing to the Browns way too much the last few years.

Bengals leaving THE JUNGLE as the winning team. not losing to the Browns again.

I think Browning can do it, and I for one am rooting for him.

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hear you Kev, and I'm there with you. I fully appreciate the logic and reason of those wanting a loss to improve our draft position because it does makes sense. But, I never much saw fandom being about logic and reason, not for me at least, so I can't root for a loss, and especially a loss to the Browns.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We already have a bad vibe when we seem to play Cleveland, alot of these players are back next year and the young kids have something to play for on Sunday.. winning is important for team and players.. go out and beat the Browns....
Reply/Quote
9-8 is better than 8-9.

Go Bengals!!!!   Who Dey
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can our mostly 1st string team beat their 2nd and 3rd stringers?

Not sure.

Even w Burrow I have my doubts.

That D is so deep it’s insane.

Our D is so bad - it’s even more nuts.

Would love to get a Dub for a few reasons - even if it’s against their scrubs - but not sure we’ll get it.

Especially bc I think Chase and Tee sit at least half the game to be cautious.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 08:40 PM)Whacked Wrote: Can our mostly 1st string team beat their 2nd and 3rd stringers?

Not sure.

Even w Burrow I have my doubts.

That D is so deep it’s insane.

Our D is so bad - it’s even more nuts.

Would love to get a Dub for a few reasons - even if it’s against their scrubs - but not sure we’ll get it.

Especially bc I think Chase and Tee sit at least half the game to be cautious.

I doubt we see Chase and Tee.

I am afraid we have seen the last of Tee.  Cry
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nope, I want the best chance to draft the best players that will impact the team for the next 4 years. One game vs the pathetic Browns scrubs does nothing for me.

Reply/Quote
Taylor can add the very distinctive 0-6 in division record this coming week.... But im told hes the greatest.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2024, 07:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I hear you Kev, and I'm there with you.  I fully appreciate the logic and reason of those wanting a loss to improve our draft position because it does makes sense.  But, I never much saw fandom being about logic and reason, not for me at least, so I can't root for a loss, and especially a loss to the Browns.

And not rooting for a loss, and especially a loss to the Browns, is spoken like a true 2024 HOF inductee. 

Bengals have had a lot of years where they drafted high and totally blown their picks, and watched other teams drafting later hit homeruns. If we're talking the top pick, or top five, I could understand fans rooting to lose. But rooting to lose in order to pick higher in the teens (or the 40s and 70s)? 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 04:50 PM)Nepa Wrote: And not rooting for a loss, and especially a loss to the Browns, is spoken like a true 2024 HOF inductee. 

Bengals have had a lot of years where they drafted high and totally blown their picks, and watched other teams drafting later hit homeruns. If we're talking the top pick, or top five, I could understand fans rooting to lose. But rooting to lose in order to pick higher in the teens (or the 40s and 70s)? 

It is a statistical fact that players drafted in higher slots have better careers overall.  Sure there will be outliers, but I would have thought that EVERY fan would know this?

I am surely not alone in remembering Frank Ragnow, awesome center for years, being taken immediately before us by the Lions. We settled on Billy Price, if that doesn't convince anyone, nothing will. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 01:27 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I am afraid we have seen the last of Tee.  Cry

I suspect you are right. Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 01:27 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I am afraid we have seen the last of Tee.  Cry

Well, we can always act like Steelers fans next year and any time any WR makes a catch we can yell "TEEEEEEEE!"
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 05:19 PM)casear2727 Wrote: It is a statistical fact that players drafted in higher slots have better careers overall.  Sure there will be outliers, but I would have thought that EVERY fan would know this?

I am surely not alone in remembering Frank Ragnow, awesome center for years, being taken immediately before us by the Lions. We settled on Billy Price, if that doesn't convince anyone, nothing will. 

Well I certainly agree in rds 1 and 2. I would rather lose to the Browns but we can only drop so low at this point.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 01:27 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I doubt we see Chase and Tee.

I am afraid we have seen the last of Tee.  Cry

I'm not so sure. We have alot of money now but Burrows contract will kick start hitting in a couple of years. So what's more likely we try and sign someone with a front loaded contract or we just tag Tee? 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 06:04 PM)Whacked Wrote: I suspect you are right. Sad

Tee is not just straight up walking. He will get tagged or sign a long term deal.
Reply/Quote