Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Durant to Warriors
Damn.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I hope he receives the same vitriol that LeBron got for chasing rings. He's only further cemented his nickname... 2nd Place.

GS lost to the Cavs because they got out muscled. 2nd Place won't help much in that department.

I think the NBA should contract to 6 teams. That's about how many if them are worth watching.

Westbrook to the Lakers next year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Weak...WEAK move. Lebron was vilified for joining a team that was nowhere near this great.

You may as well hand the 16-17 trophy to the Warriors now. The only thing that hurts the Warriors' chances is that they're trading Bogut and they'll probably have to gut their bench - which I felt was a huge part of what made them so great.

Also - if this is a 1 year rental (and that's possible because they have to pay Curry next year) - it's possible that they won't gel fast enough to win a title. Lebron/Wade/Bosh didn't win in year 1. Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Glove ended with disappointment.

Also, like Jason said, the Warriors lost because they got outmuscled and dominated in the paint. Not sure how Durant fixes that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2016, 09:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Weak...WEAK move. Lebron was vilified for joining a team that was nowhere near this great.

You may as well hand the 16-17 trophy to the Warriors now. The only thing that hurts the Warriors' chances is that they're trading Bogut and they'll probably have to gut their bench - which I felt was a huge part of what made them so great.

Also - if this is a 1 year rental (and that's possible because they have to pay Curry next year) - it's possible that they won't gel fast enough to win a title. Lebron/Wade/Bosh didn't win in year 1. Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Glove ended with disappointment.

Also, like Jason said, the Warriors lost because they got outmuscled and dominated in the paint. Not sure how Durant fixes that.
Yes. This just stinks. Durant and OKC gave GS all they could handle, and then he does this... weak. I think it clearly shows that Westbrook intends to leave next year though. If they are smart they trade him for an all star and a solid guy at the all star break. Durant deserves to be viewed as a chump for his destination thougj
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Criticizes Lebron and Melo back in 2010, then does the same thing. Durant has never been tough enough to carry a team, and this just proves it. Its sad because I actually liked KD and hoped he would have some nuts and stay with OKC. Now I have no respect for him. Everyone gives Lebron heat for fleeing to Miami to win a title, but at least he came back to Cleveland and was able to win one there.

Its amazing now how the Warriors went from being the beloved #DubNation, to now being vilified throughout the league for having to bring in KD to beat Lebron and the Cavs.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think it's silly to get upset that a player switches teams.
Charles Haley never had all of these problems when he bounced back and forth between Dallas and SF. Ended his career with 5 rings (most for any player in the NFL).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 03:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think it's silly to get upset that a player switches teams.
Charles Haley never had all of these problems when he bounced back and forth between Dallas and SF. Ended his career with 5 rings (most for any player in the NFL).

I can only speak for myself, but as a fan of basketball, I'd like to see more than 6 interesting games a year.

Football and basketball are completely different. Nobody cared about what Haley did because 80% of Americans don't know who he is. One player changes everything in hoops. Tom Brady couldn't turn the Titans around by himself.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-06-2016, 03:01 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think it's silly to get upset that a player switches teams.

1 dominant player in the NBA will always have more impact than a player who is 1 of 53. Different sport, different standards.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
That Frankenstein team out in Oakland took a nice ass whippin' last nigh...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote