Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Cards 1st
Start off by trading Dalton to Colts for their 75th pick.

1. ...QB. .....Joe Burrow ..................." LSU" ............... .....6'4"........ 216 Lbs

33. ...OT...... Mekhi Becton................"Louisville"..............6'7" .........369 Lbs

65. ...TE........Cole Kmet ...................."Notre Dame"..........6'4"..........235 Lbs

75. ...WR. .....Tyler Johnson................" Minnesota"............6'2"..........205 Lbs

97..Edge. .....Jonathan Greenard ........."Florida" ...............6'3"...........263 Lbs

129...LB.......Markus Baily......................"Purdue"................6'1"...........240 Lbs

160..IDL.......Tyler Clark........................."Georgia"..............6'4"...........300 Lbs

192..OG.......Sadarius Hutcherson.........."South Carolina"....6'4"...........320 Lbs

Would also love to see OT Jack Conklin and LB Cory Littleton signed in FA
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Start off by rating Dalton to Colts for their 75th pick.

1.   ...QB. .....Joe Burrow ..................." LSU" ............... .....6'4"........  216 Lbs

33. ...OT...... Mekhi Becton................"Louisville"..............6'7" .........369 Lbs

65. ...TE........Cole Kmet ...................."Notre Dame"..........6'4"..........235 Lbs

75. ...WR. .....Tyler Johnson................" Minnesota"............6'2"..........205 Lbs

97..Edge.  .....Jonathan Greenard ........."Florida" ...............6'3"...........263 Lbs

129...LB.......Markus Baily......................"Purdue"................6'1"...........240 Lbs

160..IDL.......Tyler Clark........................."Georgia"..............6'4"...........300 Lbs

192..OG.......Sadarius Hutcherson.........."South Carolina"....6'4"...........320 Lbs

Who plays LB with this draft though?

I know you said sign Littleton, but he's going to have multiple teams looking at him and Mike won't get into a bidding war, he'll pick through the left-overs.

I think we have to get a LB in round 2, round 3 at the absolute latest.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 05:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Who plays LB with this draft though?

I know you said sign Littleton, but he's going to have multiple teams looking at him and Mike won't get into a bidding war, he'll pick through the left-overs.

Think with money saved with Dalton the Bengals should have the money to buy what LB they covet.

Greenard is not being drafted to take Dunlap or Hubbard spot in this scenario.

He will play LB at this level.

Believe as well that we do not just need a LB, we need one that can cover like Littleton.

Not sure the draft offers this guarantee

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Even though I mocked him and many predict he will get drafted around this spot.

Believe that after combine Becton will skyrocket up after showing his agility in that massive body.

So do not really see him being there for us when it is all said and done, yet hoping.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 05:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Who plays LB with this draft though?

Thissssssssssssss^^
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 11:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think with money saved with Dalton the Bengals should have the money to buy what LB they covet.

Greenard is not being drafted to take Dunlap or Hubbard spot in this scenario.

He will play LB at this level.

Believe as well that we do not just need a LB, we need one that can cover like Littleton.

Not sure the draft offers this guarantee

I am all in favor of the free agent approach, just have to wonder what would make them finally change their approach. Danny Trevathan would be near the top of my wish list.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 10:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I am all in favor of the free agent approach, just have to wonder what would make them finally change their approach. Danny Trevathan would be near the top of my wish list.

Trevathan would be fine as well just a little scared of him coming off injury and being 30 now.  

Yet would be ecstatic if Bengals added him.

Would hope it is because of the 17 million in cap space saved from trading Dalton. 

Yet understand the skepticism though.  We all have witnessed MB go on the cheap before. 

Have watched Greenard for years and think he will be a steal for somebody in draft, but would rather have a proven commodity presently. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Start off by trading Dalton to Colts for their 75th pick.

1.   ...QB. .....Joe Burrow ..................." LSU" ............... .....6'4"........  216 Lbs

97..Edge.  .....Jonathan Greenard ........."Florida" ...............6'3"...........263 Lbs

I like the players and the position groups, but we can't go offense the first four rounds with this defense.  I would pray that they sign Whit to play LG, Thuney to play RG, and get out of the contracts/get picks for Dalton and Dre K.  

Do that, and draft some speedy LBs and DE/DTs with speed and power.  Would also love to see a playmakins safety
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 05:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like the players and the position groups, but we can't go offense the first four rounds with this defense.  I would pray that they sign Whit to play LG, Thuney to play RG, and get out of the contracts/get picks for Dalton and Dre K.  

Do that, and draft some speedy LBs and DE/DTs with speed and power.  Would also love to see a playmakins safety

Agree and Bengals have neglected defense in early rounds for awhile now. 

But believe if we go all in on Burrow in hope that he is an "elite QB" then we have to protect our investment imo. 

Should have plenty of available cap money to buy a defensive piece or two in FA as well.

Would be fine if scenario was reversed too with defense being attacked in early draft rounds and a coupe nice offensive pieces were added to help Burrow. 

Think only way to patch all holes while drafting QB with first pick is thru FA and draft. Will be sick once again if MB does not try this and foolishly spends available cap space elsewhere.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 04:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Start off by trading Dalton to Colts for their 75th pick.

Great job Cards. The FA makes it more than good to me. Becton could play next to Conklin at RG and Littleton would 
really help the LB core along with Greenard. Really love the weapons you add here to help out Burrow. Kmet is a good
TE that can block and catch. Tyler Johnson is going to be a stud I predict.

I think you took care of our biggest weaknesses here with the additions of Conklin, Becton, Hutcherson for the O-line and
Littleton, Greenard and Baily for the LB core. Nicely done brother.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great job Cards. The FA makes it more than good to me. Becton could play next to Conklin at RG and Littleton would 
really help the LB core along with Greenard. Really love the weapons you add here to help out Burrow. Kmet is a good
TE that can block and catch, he is a better pass catcher than Sample by a long ways. Tyler Johnson is going to be a stud
I predict.

I think you took care of our biggest weaknesses here with the additions of Conklin, Becton, Hutcherson for the O-line and
Littleton, Greenard and Baily for the LB core. Nicely done brother.

Cool

Not wanting an argument but how can you state that Kmet is a better pass catcher by a long ways?  Sample, his senior year at WSU, was targeted 25 times and caught 25 passes.  I am not sure how you can say that player coming out of college is "a long ways better" when the guy you are comparing him to was 1. rarely targeted in that offense and 2. never dropped single pass.  Sample needs to be healthy and eran his draft slot, no doubt about it but I think he will get much better this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 05:46 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Not wanting an argument but how can you state that Kmet is a better pass catcher by a long ways?  Sample, his senior year at WSU, was targeted 25 times and caught 25 passes.  I am not sure how you can say that player coming out of college is "a long ways better" when the guy you are comparing him to was 1. rarely targeted in that offense and 2. never dropped single pass.  Sample needs to be healthy and eran his draft slot, no doubt about it but I think he will get much better this year.

How can u make any argument when u claim sample played at Washington state university when in reality he played at university of Washington...
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 05:46 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Not wanting an argument but how can you state that Kmet is a better pass catcher by a long ways?  Sample, his senior year at WSU, was targeted 25 times and caught 25 passes.  I am not sure how you can say that player coming out of college is "a long ways better" when the guy you are comparing him to was 1. rarely targeted in that offense and 2. never dropped single pass.  Sample needs to be healthy and eran his draft slot, no doubt about it but I think he will get much better this year.

I guess "by a long ways" is a bit of an exaggeration by me, I just saw Kmet this year in one game and he was playing well 
catching the ball. Could of been his one good game of the year catching the ball I don't know. I guess I just got caught up 
in the narrative that Sample wasn't the best pass catcher in college but it is a false narrative as you say, he caught everything
thrown to him.

I will take that back Spazz, thanks for catching it.
Reply/Quote