Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pre Combine Best Case Scenario
1. Joe Burrow QB LSU - Let's go.

2. K'Lavon Chaisson LB LSU - Impact LB we need. We have basically 2 LBs under contract. Pratt and Evans. LB is the biggest hole on the team.

3. Isaiah Wilson T UGA - Young still raw prospect, maybe he slides to the first pick in the 3rd. Massive RT. Plug him in.

4. Patrick Queen LB LSU - Another young guy, not a long track record of success so maybe he slides for that reason. I would love to land these 3 from LSU. Burrow to lead the O and these two LBs to give us a massive talent injection at our weakest position on D.

5. John Simpson G Clemson - All those great teams Clemson has had lately. He is the best offensive linemen from all those teams. I haven't had a chance to do much youtube couch scouting. But the little I saw of him made me want to move him up in my mock.

6. AJ Green CB OSU - It would be nice to land a serviceable CB here. From what I have seen AJ has a real shot to become more than just serviceable.

7. Josiah Deguara TE UC - Don't be dumb. Take the next productive NFL TE from the hometown team. Eifert is going to be 30 and just played 16 games for the first time in his career. I promise he isn't about to turn the corner. Let someone else roll that dice.

QB Burrow*, Finley
RB Mixon, Gio, Henderson
WR AJ$, Boyd, Ross, Tate, Erickson, Morgan
TE Uzamoh, Sample, Deguara*, Carter
OT Williams, Wilson*, Hart, Johnson
OG Jordan, Simpson*, Miller
C Hopkins, Price

DT Atkins, Glasgow, Tupou, Wren
DE Dunlap, Hubbard, Brown, Lawson
LB K'Lavon*, Pratt, Queen*, Vigil$, Evans
CB Jackson, Dennard$, Phillips, Webb, AJ Green*
S Bates, Williams, Wilson, Fejedelem$

STs
Randy, Huber, Harris

We saved some money. No Glenn, Kirkpatrick, Dalton. Hopefully we were able to get some draft capital back from moving these guys even if it means eating some salary.
And we spent some money on our own free agents AJ, Vigil, Dennard, and Fejedelem. (Probably need to hang on to Billings too.)

Still need 4 more players to get to 53. To get there hopefully it is a couple big time free agent pick ups and a couple extra early to mid round draft picks from trading away Dalton, Glenn, and Kirkpatrick.

I think that could be a solid base to build on.
Reply/Quote
Not bad. I can dig it actually. To have chaisson and queen would be sweet. I like Phillips better than queen from LSU but regardless sweet draft.
Reply/Quote
Love the draft - other than Chaison. I don't think he's anywhere near the linebacker we need. Queen probably fits that bill as a guy that can play in space.

Neither of those 2 would be my preference to fix our coverage and space issues.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 12:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Love the draft - other than Chaison.  I don't think he's anywhere near the linebacker we need.  Queen probably fits that bill as a guy that can play in space.

Neither of those 2 would be my preference to fix our coverage and space issues.

Chaisson has such a high ceiling. He is a project. But so is everybody in the draft. He was coming off of ACL surgery and earned a first team SEC selection from the coaches at LB. He was one of the most feared pass rushers in the SEC, is a fluid athlete, is smart, and has elite athleticism. If he is asked to be primarily a pass rusher I don't think he hits his ceiling. If he is allowed to use his brains, stay light, and keep his athleticism he could be a big bodied do it all LB IMO.

Queen is an off ball athletic LB that is sideline to sideline so not sure what you are seeing there. 

Both are young but have huge ceilings. Our worst in the league LB depth chart could use some of that.

My dreams got crushed a little when Daniel Jeremiah had both in the first round in his first mock so...

He is not the end all be all. But working for the network I think he gets to hear a lot.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:13 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Chaisson has such a high ceiling. He is a project. But so is everybody in the draft. He was coming off of ACL surgery and earned a first team SEC selection from the coaches at LB. He was one of the most feared pass rushers in the SEC, is a fluid athlete, is smart, and has elite athleticism. If he is asked to be primarily a pass rusher I don't think he hits his ceiling. If he is allowed to use his brains, stay light, and keep his athleticism he could be a big bodied do it all LB IMO.

Queen is an off ball athletic LB that is sideline to sideline so not sure what you are seeing there. 

Both are young but have huge ceilings. Our worst in the league LB depth chart could use some of that.

My dreams got crushed a little when Daniel Jeremiah had both in the first round in his first mock so...

He is not the end all be all. But working for the network I think he gets to hear a lot.

I think he fits the bill, but be wouldn't be my first choice.  
Reply/Quote
The only problem I have with this Mock is not picking a WR in this very deep class as we cannot count on AJ to
stay healthy. If AJ is healthy, love all the picks, Degaura could be a very nice weapon for Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Lance Zierlein has queen going in the first round....
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2020, 04:27 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lance Zierlein has queen going in the first round....

One of the reasons I usually make more than one mock scenario. 

Just like real life. Stuff changes.
Reply/Quote