Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go Eli, go!
(11-15-2015, 09:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Tom Coughlin is an effing idiot, please. Dude should have run, throws 3 passes at the endzone. You have 2 jobs, score a TD, or run the clock out - foolish. It's not hindsight bias, Hue Jackson makes the same dumb moves.

Amen!
You can't drop that easy INT. Had they run on first down and goal and taken it to the 2 minute warning the game would be over. Patriot luck as always. You can blame that all on Coughlin. Terrible clock management on first and goal. 3 straight passes.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 09:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Tom Coughlin is an effing idiot, please. Dude should have run, throws 3 passes at the endzone. You have 2 jobs, score a TD, or run the clock out - foolish. It's not hindsight bias, Hue Jackson makes the same dumb moves.

There's hope for Marvin yet:  this guy has two SB wins.  There's been like 3 games this season the Giants would have won if they knew how to work the clock.  
Reply/Quote
Hmm, maybe there's something about the Giants that causes coaches and supporters to fail at clock management (and, apparently, maths). Quality post defending Tom Coughlin from the Giants forum:

"If the Giants run it twice and kick the FG there would have been about 50 seconds left for Brady to get 3. I'd rather be up by 8."

Not sure when they introduced going for three extra points after a TD, but I like the sound of it. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Welp we are gonna need some help with them. Our SOS is will be worse
Reply/Quote
I thought it was a catch for a TD. 2 feet down, ball in hands, play should be over right?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 10:21 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: I thought it was a catch for a TD. 2 feet down, ball in hands, play should be over right?

They can't call a catch consistently to save their lives. They screwed Eifert out of a score.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 10:21 PM)tjcase85 Wrote: I thought it was a catch for a TD. 2 feet down, ball in hands, play should be over right?

It was when Golden Tate caught it, but that was a different week.  I can't believe the NFL lets this nonsense continue.  Didn't become a runner?  In the endzone, Ed?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LOL

Man that was some horrid play calling. Four downs, little over 2 minutes to kill and inside the 25... so you pass, pass, pass? Jeez. Even if your running game is weak, punch it up the middle to get inside the two minute warning. If you want to try passing on the third down, then sure. Whatever.

The Pats didn't win that one as much as New York lost it.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 08:26 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How the heck is there no Cheatriots vs Giants thread? I can't be the only one wanting to see Eli win this game.

Nah man, eff that. Eff Eli, and eff the Giants. 
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2015, 11:05 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Man that was some horrid play calling. Four downs, little over 2 minutes to kill and inside the 25... so you pass, pass, pass? Jeez. Even if your running game is weak, punch it up the middle to get inside the two minute warning. If you want to try passing on the third down, then sure. Whatever.

The Pats didn't win that one as much as New York lost it.

I believe the Bengals can beat them.  
Reply/Quote
They need to review the TD catch plays in the offseason. With possession and 2 feet down, why is there an additional football move required in the endzone? They should require every TD catch be 2 feet in bounds, clear possession, AND TD dance right afterwards - or it's not a TD. Points upwards of 6 will be awarded, solely based on TD dance. To get 6 you must do Antonio Brown/Jerome SImpson somersault flip.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Based on Coughlin's press conference, he took no ownership of the clock mismanagement. He blamed his players for the loss. "Finish the game. You have a chance to catch the TD, no. You have a chance to get an INT, no. You let a runback on a punt almost for a TD...here we go again."

I probably would be yelling about all that shit too lol but kind of amazing he takes no ownership.

I haven't really heard Marvin take ownership for clock mismanagement before too, granted not losing that won't get talked about - lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 08:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Based on Coughlin's press conference, he took no ownership of the clock mismanagement. He blamed his players for the loss. "Finish the game. You have a chance to catch the TD, no. You have a chance to get an INT, no. You let a runback on a punt almost for a TD...here we go again."

I probably would be yelling about all that shit too lol but kind of amazing he takes no ownership.

I haven't really heard Marvin take ownership for clock mismanagement before too, granted not losing that won't get talked about - lol.

It's one thing to ignore a terrible time management mistake, but at least he didn't take the podium and insist his dumb mistake was in fact the right thing to do.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 09:37 AM)6andcounting Wrote: It's one thing to ignore a terrible time management mistake, but at least he didn't take the podium and insist his dumb mistake was in fact the right thing to do.

[Image: TomlinUMadBroFace.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote