Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Felix Anudike-Uzomah
Might be a DE worth looking at out of Kansas State. The upside is we already know how to spell his last name. Not sure where he's projected to go though. I heard him interviewed by Pat Kirwin, seems like a smart kid.

Quote:CAREER HONORS
• 2022 Lott IMPACT Trophy Finalist
• 2022 Ted Hendricks Award Finalist
• 2022 Second Team All-American (Walter Camp, FWAA, AFCA, CBS Sports)
• 2022 Third Team All-American (Associated Press)
• 2022 Chuck Bednarik Award Semifinalist
• 2022 Rotary Lombardi Award Semifinalist
• 2022 Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year (Coaches, AP)
• 2022 Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year (Coaches)
• 2022 Bronko Nagurski Trophy watch list
• 2022 Lombardi Award watch list
• 2021-22 First Team All-Big 12 (Coaches, Associated Press)
• 2022 Lott IMPACT Trophy Player of the Week (Texas Tech)
• 2021 Third Team All-American (Phil Steele)
• 2021 Big 12 co-Defensive Lineman of the Year (Coaches)
• 2021 Honorable Mention Big 12 Def. Player of the Year (Coaches)
• 2021 Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week (TCU)
• 2021 Bednarik Award Player of the Week (TCU)
• 2021 Bronko Nagurski Trophy Player of the Week (TCU)
• 2021 Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week (TCU)
• 2021 Big 12 Newcomer of the Week (Southern Illinois)
• 2021 Ted Hendricks Award watch list

CAREER: Saw time in 32 games with 27 starts... Finished his career tied for sixth in school history in career sacks (20.5), while he tied for fourth in career forced fumbles (8)... The second player in school history to tally three games with 3.0 or more sacks (Nyle Wiren)... Left college football ranking fourth nationally and tops in the Big 12 among active players in forced fumbles per game (0.25), while he was sixth nationally and tops in the Big 12 in sacks per game (0.64).

2022: Started all 14 games, coming away with 46 tackles, 11.0 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and a pass breakup... Earned Second Team All-America honors from the Walter Camp Foundation, American Football Writers Association, American Football Coaches Association and CBS Sports, while he was a third-team performer by the Associated Press... Named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year by both the league’s coaches and Associated Press, while he was also named the Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year by the coaches... Also picked up All-Big 12 First Team honors from both outlets... A finalist for the Lott IMPACT Trophy and Ted Hendricks Award, and he was a semifinalist for the Chuck Bednarik Award... His 8.5 total sacks ranked second in the Big 12, while his two forced fumbles tied for third... Registered at least a half tackle for loss in nine games and at least a half sack in seven contests... Tallied 3.0 sacks against Texas Tech to tie for fourth in a game in school history... Teamed with Khalid Duke against the Red Raiders to give K-State two players with 3.0 sacks in the same game for the first time in school history... It was the first time nationally since two Oregon State players had 3.0 sacks vs. California in 2019... Had a season-high six tackles against both Texas Tech and Texas... The lone pass breakup of his career came at Oklahoma... Tallied 2.0 TFLs in the season opener against South Dakota.
Quote:A hard-charging edge prospect, Anudike-Uzomah has good strength and a long frame that should continue to fill out. His run defense is unrefined and in need of better fundamentals, but he’s clearly gone to school on his pass-rush approach, adding several new wrinkles to his attack in 2022. His urgency leads to playmaking opportunities, but he will need to harness that energy and play with better control to become a more efficient defender. There is more polish needed, but Anudike-Uzomah’s NFL rush potential should eventually make him an NFL starter.

Sounds like he suffers on runs, but accels on getting to the QB. Might be a good rotational piece with Hubbard.

On edit: He's projected to be a mid 2nd rounder
Reply/Quote
I liked Anudike-Uzomah when I watched Kansas State last year. Stood out in a great way on that D. Great pass rusher.

Any relation to CJ?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 05:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked Anudike-Uzomah when I watched Kansas State last year. Stood out in a great way on that D. Great pass rusher.

Any relation to CJ?

I kept waiting for Kirwin to mention that, but he didn't, so I'm assuming no.
Reply/Quote