Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go get Patricia
Matt Patricia got the boot today. Go get him make his a consultant and give him Lou's job next year. Guy is a great DC but crapy head coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would love to see him here as the DC. Like other past Patriots DC's, just not ready to fill the big chair, but when they go back to just be a DC, they can do it well again.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Think he'd come here?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes! That would lift the spirits of every injured, and or disgruntled Bengals defensive player on the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Think he'd come here?

13-29-1 fired, 2 1/2 years, Zach worse record, game “planning” for Sunday........interesting
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Think he'd come here?

He went to Detroit so... Kind of a lateral move
Reply/Quote
I was thinking the same thing. Hire him and make him a assistant and make him DC next yr. pay him well and he would come for sure. It would be good love for him as well because if he makes bengals D good then he would get a lot of credit around the league. It’s a win win for both. Make it happen MB
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:08 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Think he'd come here?

Doubt it.

Wasn't him not going to the Browns as HC mutual? 

But, hell, reach out. I'm sure several teams are. Dude was a solid DC, and I think he did ok as an OL coach if I'm remembering.
Reply/Quote
Let’s hire him as DC and mcdaniels as OC lol
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:15 PM)motoarch Wrote: He went to Detroit so... Kind of a lateral move

Unless Bill B. called him back to NE, or another high profile team came calling for him to take over their Defense (think Dallas), I think that the Bengals have enough defensive talent to at least entertain his interest.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unless Bill B. called him back to NE, or another high profile team came calling for him to take over their Defense (think Dallas), I think that the Bengals have enough defensive talent to at least entertain his interest.

And FA space, not to mention picks. Bring him in for an interview, tell him he gets some say in who we target in the draft/FA.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Would love to see him here as the DC. Like other past Patriots DC's, just not ready to fill the big chair, but when they go back to just be a DC, they can do it well again.

Dude in Miami is doing pretty good.

As to the OP: Sure. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude in Miami is doing pretty good.

As to the OP: Sure. 

Fair, but the previous ones failed in epic fashion, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Matt Patricia

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I heard something about him being kind of toxic in the locker room in Detroit. No thanks.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I heard something about him being kind of toxic in the locker room in Detroit. No thanks.

Well, if that's true, then I agree 100%.  I'm leaning towards them going from within (hopfeuuly Simmons?) and make moves?  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I heard something about him being kind of toxic in the locker room in Detroit. No thanks.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/03/agents-say-matt-patricia-locker-room-dysfunction-make-detroit-one-of-the-worst-destinations-for-players.html

Quote:Robert Klemko, the outstanding reporter for MMQB, recently polled 15 agents about their clients’ most and least desirable teams/cities to play for. Detroit ranked as the fourth worst destination with seven votes. Only Buffalo (12 votes), Oakland (11) and Cincinnati (8) were worse.

Whatever

Although the article sounds like Cincinnati is on the list for being in the Rust Belt more than citing Detroit: 

Quote:Klemko writes: “The fourth-worst destination, Detroit, has the added knock of a locker room that appears dysfunctional to players looking in from the outside. ’Especially with Matt ‘I think I’m Belichick but I haven’t done s---’ Patricia,' one agent said."
Reply/Quote
Matt Patricia? Um, sure. He’s probably way better than Lou Anarumo. The Patriots’ defense was good when he was there but they ran a 3-4 base and I don’t think the Bengals have the requisite personnel to run that.
Reply/Quote

I did some reading, since you brought it up.  He strikes me as a classic hard-ass coach.  One who will call you out in front of the group, hold you accountable despite your rep or star status.  Maybe not what you want in a HC personality, but definitely what you want going on in your closed door platoon room meetings.  Strikes me kind of how I pictured Zimmer to be as a DC.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/11/matt-patricia-still-has-support-of-lions-locker-room-im-going-to-ride-with-him-until-the-wheels-fall-off.html

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/12/ask-kyle-thoughts-on-former-players-speaking-out-against-matt-patricia.html

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/trey-flowers-responds-to-critics-of-matt-patricia

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It makes me laugh that Matt Patricia, who has 7.5 wins over 27 games, was axed before Taylor, who has only 4.5 wins in 26 games.

EDIT - I didn't realize this was his 3rd year. He was 6-10, 3-12-1, and then 4-7 before getting the axe. A total win percentage of .314.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 06:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It makes me laugh that Matt Patricia, who has 7.5 wins over 27 games, was axed before Taylor, who has only 4.5 wins in 26 games.

Damn! Zac's winning percentage is lower than Prices pff grade.
Reply/Quote