Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoFundMe Build the Wall
Been waiting for someone to post, but guess I will.

The 20 Mil that GoFundMe raised has been used to purchase the land and build a 1 mile long steel slat wall along the El Paso border.

Guess who is in charge?
Steve Bannon...

Crazy cause if this works as planned, then the next time it pops up on GoFundMe it's going to be huge!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I have no problem with Trump supporters putting their wallets where their mouth is (or something like that). Refreshing. Good for them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(05-29-2019, 05:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Been waiting for someone to post, but guess I will.

The 20 Mil that GoFundMe raised has been used to purchase the land and build a 1 mile long steel slat wall along the El Paso border.

Guess who is in charge?
Steve Bannon...

Crazy cause if this works as planned, then the next time it pops up on GoFundMe it's going to be huge!

Have they actually built anything?

I Googled it and all the stories were from a couple months ago, basically just that Bannon and other far-righters were supporting the GoFundMe. 
(05-29-2019, 06:09 PM)Benton Wrote: Have they actually built anything?

I Googled it and all the stories were from a couple months ago, basically just that Bannon and other far-righters were supporting the GoFundMe. 

Yahoo reports that 1 mile was put up over Memorial Day weekend.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/steve-bannons-group-built-mile-184544216.html

In what might be seen as a Memorial Day gift to President Trump, residents of a mountain range outside of El Paso Monday woke up to a new vista — a mile-long wall of metal slats constructed along the border with Mexico that just shot up over the weekend.
(05-29-2019, 06:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yahoo reports that 1 mile was put up over Memorial Day weekend.

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/steve-bannons-group-built-mile-184544216.html

In what might be seen as a Memorial Day gift to President Trump, residents of a mountain range outside of El Paso Monday woke up to a new vista — a mile-long wall of metal slats constructed along the border with Mexico that just shot up over the weekend.

Thanks, I hadn't heard anything about it.
(05-29-2019, 06:22 PM)Benton Wrote: Thanks, I hadn't heard anything about it.

haven't watched the video, but from a different yahoo report, it says that Bannon asked the CBP which area along the border which area had the biggest volume of traffic coming thru. They said it was a gap in the wall in El Paso and that's the land he started working on blocking off.
(05-29-2019, 06:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: haven't watched the video, but from a different yahoo report, it says that Bannon asked the CBP which area along the border which area had the biggest volume of traffic coming thru. They said it was a gap in the wall in El Paso and that's the land he started working on blocking off.

Yeah, that's what the link said.

Seems kind of weird. Not saying anything inappropriate was done, but they just had a surprise construction crew show up and build a long fence and purchased the property out of nowhere? Depending on the views of adjacent landowner views, it could end up just being a big court mess.
These “law abiding” citizens are setting a good example for the “lawless” immigrants they are trying to keep out.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEHn_BPIUPEahtpVnNc8jG2sqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow77zbCjDiq8wBMNiCsgU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen
(05-29-2019, 07:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: These “law abiding” citizens are setting a good example for the “lawless” immigrants they are trying to keep out.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEHn_BPIUPEahtpVnNc8jG2sqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow77zbCjDiq8wBMNiCsgU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Like we know that wasn't gonna happen. LOL

Kolfage said in a Facebook post Monday that the group is currently working on plans for a second wall, though he did not give a location or a time period when donors could expect to see construction begin.
(05-29-2019, 07:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: These “law abiding” citizens are setting a good example for the “lawless” immigrants they are trying to keep out.

Mayor Party Pooper.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I think people who want the wall paying for the wall is totally fine.

I'm against them wasting the government's money, not their own.
Fascinating. All those poor people donating to millionnaires to build a wall out of their fears.

Easy scam.

Still billions needed brothers. If I was a cynical dude, I would immediatly make a fake gofundme and retire in a sunny place.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

If someone wants to build a fence on their private property, I don't see why they can't. Seems like a waste of money, but it's theirs to waste.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Glad you're happy with your donation Mike.

Why dont you start a funding drive to take over the billions of dollars we pour into Isreal too. That way my tax dollars aren't wasted there either.
(05-29-2019, 05:30 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Been waiting for someone to post, but guess I will.

Guess who is in charge?
Steve Bannon...

Why do they need to purchase the border?
(05-30-2019, 08:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If someone wants to build a fence on their private property, I don't see why they can't. Seems like a waste of money, but it's theirs to waste.

Careful there. You're starting to sound like a libertarian.  Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(05-29-2019, 08:12 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think people who want the wall paying for the wall is totally fine.

I'm against them wasting the government's money, not their own.

But according to a shocking number of people, there is no difference between the two. The amount of times I've heard the tax cuts referred to as "stealing" is just laughable. 

Props to these supporters for putting their money where their mouth is. That's more than can be said for a lot of people. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(05-29-2019, 08:51 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Fascinating. All those poor people donating to millionnaires to build a wall out of their fears.

Easy scam.

Still billions needed brothers. If I was a cynical dude, I would immediatly make a fake gofundme and retire in a sunny place.

Evangelicals have been doing it for decades.
(05-30-2019, 10:25 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Why do they need to purchase the border?

I'm guessing your question is rhetorical?

If not then why does the government need to purchase the land in order to put a wall up?

Funny how the Mayor of EP would be so against it. Guess it's hurting his campaign money if drug runners/human trafficking is slowed down.

I wonder if they were able to buy enough to close the gap in the walls that's already there completely?
(05-30-2019, 11:49 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Evangelicals have been doing it for decades.

[Image: fpHSS86.gif]