Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goats of the game
1. Hue - think he's been reading his own press. All the exotic horseshit needs to be throttled down. Execute textbook football plays. Lineup and beat your man. Sit Jeremy Hill until he figures his. Shit out.

2. Andy - he's been getting all the credit. His deep ball was non existent tonight, and he looked spooked.

3. Eifert - the rare times Andy made good throws, Tyler drops them.

4. The rest of the offense. Lousy play topped off by a fumble by our best player that seals it for Texans.

The disturbing thing is if Hoyer stays in, I think the Texans lock it up much earlier.

Willing to chalk this up to an off night, not a lousy team or prime time curse. Unfortunately we've got AZ next. Yikes.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Dalton was not great but was far from the reason we loss.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:31 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: Dalton was not great but was far from the reason we loss.

If he was on his game, you really think we score 6? He was a big part of the problem tonight. 
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:24 AM)Utts Wrote: 1. Hue - think he's been reading his own press.  All the exotic horseshit needs to be throttled down. Execute textbook football plays. Lineup and beat your man. Sit Jeremy Hill until he figures his. Shit out.

2.  Andy - he's been getting all the credit. His deep ball was non existent tonight, and he looked spooked.

3. Eifert - the rare times Andy made good throws, Tyler drops them.

4. The rest of the offense. Lousy play topped off by a fumble by our best player that seals it for Texans.

The disturbing thing is if Hoyer stays in, I think the Texans lock it up much earlier.

Willing to chalk this up to an off night, not a lousy team or prime time curse.  Unfortunately we've got  AZ next.  Yikes.

Deep ball was off tonight....otherwise , I didn't think he was that bad.  We weren't getting open downfield...drops were back breakers , as were penalties.  I don't think he looked spooked....looked pretty poised on last drive.  We get another drop there , then AJ gives it away inside their 20.  Otherwise , I agree wholeheartedly.  Defense played pretty damn good.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:33 AM)Utts Wrote: If he was on his game, you really think we score 6? He was a big part of the problem tonight. 

He was A part of it....but a piss poor run game and 85 were MUCH bigger parts.

Reply/Quote
Andy did look better on the last drive, but that to me is a sign he was off mentally. In that last dive the heat is al,out off to some extent. The expectation is you've lost, so you can just let it rip. I guess you could argue the exact opposite too, but I think that's the psychology of bad Andy. We've seen it many times before.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:38 AM)Utts Wrote: Andy did look better on the last drive, but that to me is a sign he was off mentally. In that last dive the heat is al,out off to some extent. The expectation is you've lost, so you can just let it rip. I guess you could argue the exact opposite too, but I think that's the psychology of bad Andy. We've seen it many times before.

I'll have to agree to disagree on that one....but that's what makes the world go 'round.  It was by far his worst game of the year , and he still hits around 200 yards , and the INT really didn't effect the game much.  To me....the biggest problems were Eifert and the run game.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:33 AM)Utts Wrote: If he was on his game, you really think we score 6? He was a big part of the problem tonight. 

Kind of hard to get something going with bad play calling, drops, and all those pre snap penalties and holds. He actually looked pretty good first half. Could never get into a rhythm due to everything I just mentioned imo. 

That's not to say that we shouldn't expect more from him, but I think we'd be singing a different tune of not for all those drops.
Reply/Quote
Our lines didn't play good tonight either. Houston's QBs had plenty of time on most of their pass plays, AD was pressured all night, I can only remember 1-2 plays where he had time
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Meh, who didn't look bad? I mean, the defense looked OK outside of not being able to stop a 3rd string QB that was only brought on the team with the worst QB situation in the league (maybe) because they had to fire a guy who was a d-bag who kept sleeping in.

What else? Um, I think everyone else but Gio looked bad. At least on offense. Hill is getting a little over 2 YPC, so if you told me during the offseason that he wouldn't even be up to Trent Richardson standards, I would have plotzed.

Meh, it was all so bad. 6 points in the first half. A whopping 0 in the second half. That is another of those all too familiar issues with this team; 0 points in the second half. Bank on it. When this team is bad, it defies the odds. Right?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:56 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: Kind of hard to get something going with bad play calling, drops, and all those pre snap penalties and holds. He actually looked pretty good first half. Could never get into a rhythm due to everything I just mentioned imo. 

That's not to say that we shouldn't expect more from him, but I think we'd be singing a different tune of not for all those drops.

You're exactly right.  

But people either expect this team to never lose a game or, if they do, suddenly they're The Browns.  
There's a few in Bengal land that need some sort of fan counseling - lol.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:56 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: Kind of hard to get something going with bad play calling, drops, and all those pre snap penalties and holds. He actually looked pretty good first half. Could never get into a rhythm due to everything I just mentioned imo. 

Let's face it. They looked like the Bengals of old. Crap at home on Primetime. Can we ever trust this team to not EFF it up in a very winnable game??? Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:10 AM)Derrick Wrote: Let's face it. They looked like the Bengals of old. Crap at home on Primetime. Can we ever trust this team to not EFF it up in a very winnable game??? Sick

NO. but you can expect them to win a very "unwinnable" game like arizona or seattle. most of us were born into it. also bludgeoning yourself into a nearby wall or steering wheel will also be a thought that "crosses" your mind. it's who we are and what we've lived.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:10 AM)Derrick Wrote: Let's face it. They looked like the Bengals of old. Crap at home on Primetime. Can we ever trust this team to not EFF it up in a very winnable game??? Sick

They looked bad tonight.  I wish they would've won.  I wish they would've gone 19-0 this season.
But Super Bowl teams lose games occasionally.  It's hard not to laugh when they start 8-0 for the first time in history and as soon as they lose there's a reference to "the Bengals of old."  Fact is, they got some stuff to work on and looked very flat tonight.  If they go on some kind of 3 game skid I'd understand this talk a bit more.  Sorry they couldn't go undefeated, I'd have enjoyed that too.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:17 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: They looked bad tonight.  I wish they would've won.  I wish they would've gone 19-0 this season.
But Super Bowl teams lose games occasionally.  It's hard not to laugh when they start 8-0 for the first time in history and as soon as they lose there's a reference to "the Bengals of old."  Fact is, they got some stuff to work on and looked very flat tonight.  If they go on some kind of 3 game skid I'd understand this talk a bit more.  Sorry they couldn't go undefeated, I'd have enjoyed that too.

except that they didn't just LOSE. they got beat.....bad.....
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'll have to agree to disagree on that one....but that's what makes the world go 'round.  It was by far his worst game of the year , and he still hits around 200 yards , and the INT really didn't effect the game much.  To me....the biggest problems were Eifert and the run game.

Agreed. Deep ball was off, but outside of that he was good enough to win. Final numbers would've been better without the 3 big drops from Eifert. He was looking like the hero before AJ's fumble.

The Texans really seemed to be daring us to run, yet we couldn't get anything going on the ground. Btw, I think Hue needs new tricks. The Texans seemed to have things all figured out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:21 AM)WildCat Wrote: except that they didn't just LOSE. they got beat.....bad.....

The game I watched they lost by 4 points.  I mean, yea, they were flat the whole game from the very first play.  But I'm sure I could look up Super Bowl Winning teams from history and find games they lost in those seasons much worse than that.  I'm upset they lost, just like you.  But let's get a grip on reality here - the sky isn't falling yet.  Let's see what happens next week.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. Deep ball was off, but outside of that he was good enough to win. Final numbers would've been better without the 3 big drops from Eifert. He was looking like the hero before AJ's fumble.

The Texans really seemed to be daring us to run, yet we couldn't get anything going on the ground. Btw, I think Hue needs new tricks. The Texans seemed to have things all figured out.

Gio needs to be the focal point of the running game for now on. He is averaging 5 yards a touch and gives us more flexibility in the passing game. That's not to say forget about Hill but if we're going to be a spread team then put Bernard should be the guy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Just going to the 1988 49ers team - first Super Bowl team I thought of:

They lost games that season to Atlanta 34-17;
And looked very flat losing to Chicago 10-9 AND losing to the Raiders 9-3.

Again, perspective. I know we're not used to rooting for a good football team. But it's really unreasonable in an NFL season to never expect your team to be flat in a game or two - heck, maybe even 3 - and still be a Super Bowl caliber team. You don't go to extremes of being either the Patriots or the Browns. And even the Patriots will have a game they look flat and lose in this season. Just wait.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:30 AM)J24 Wrote: Gio needs to be the focal point of the running game for now on. He is averaging 5 yards a touch and gives us more flexibility in the passing game. That's not to say forget about Hill but if we're going to be a spread team then put Bernard should be the guy.

I agree we need more Gio, but he wasn't very effective as a runner tonight. Not that either got many chances.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote