Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goats of the game
(11-18-2015, 05:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'd say Eifert. Early in the game Eifert dropped a crucial first down that led to our first FG.
He didn't just drop passes, he dropped important passes in big moments. 

Yeah....he sure had me flustered!  One drop was around the 10 and might have been a score....instead it was the 2nd FG.  If you count those plays there as potential scores or leading to them (they were), that's an 8 point swing.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 05:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....he sure had me flustered!  One drop was around the 10 and might have been a score....instead it was the 2nd FG.  If you count those plays there as potential scores or leading to them (they were), that's an 8 point swing.

at least. 
It could have really changed how the whole game goes, we don't have to press. We aren't down late....
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 03:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....but that wasn't a bad throw.  Eifert said as much.  Apparently, that was a timing route that Eifert decided to ad lib and cut up field instead of across the middle.  He said that typically, Andy would see him, and adjust.  However, the pressure was there, so Dalton had already released the ball when Tyler came out of his route and had adjusted the route.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/11/17/bengals-te-tyler-eifert-played-awful/75896462/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Didn't realize that Wyche, thanks.  Which leaves little to Dalton besides forcing throws downfield at times that I felt we were starting to get in a rhythm.  Other than that I think he did well considering the drops, penalties and the frequent pressure.  I heard that Green was responsible for the illegal formation that brought back the 15 yard run by Hill.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 06:16 PM)3wt Wrote: Didn't realize that Wyche, thanks.  Which leaves little to Dalton besides forcing throws downfield at times that I felt we were starting to get in a rhythm.  Other than that I think he did well considering the drops, penalties and the frequent pressure.  I heard that Green was responsible for the illegal formation that brought back the 15 yard run by Hill.

We just need to never see that kind of performance out of Eifert ever again. Between the three drops all on crucial plays and the freelancing and not blocking well it was a big problem.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 02:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: He was A part of it....but a piss poor run game and 85 were MUCH bigger parts.

Don't forget 18.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 06:16 PM)3wt Wrote: Didn't realize that Wyche, thanks.  Which leaves little to Dalton besides forcing throws downfield at times that I felt we were starting to get in a rhythm.  Other than that I think he did well considering the drops, penalties and the frequent pressure.  I heard that Green was responsible for the illegal formation that brought back the 15 yard run by Hill.

Yup.....I didn't realize it either , until I read about it the next day.  Andy's biggest issue has always been losing patience and forcing things...to me anyway.  He did a decent job of not falling into that trap Monday....but he still let the lack of execution get the better of him and fell into that trap a few times.  I thought they flagged Big Whit for that....but it might've been AJ.  Truth is , they all sucked.

To quote a prolific ranter if I may......

"We didn't do diddly poo on offense.  We sucked.  We couldn't run the ball....we didn't try to run the ball....couldn't throw the ball....in my opinion that just sucked.  It was a horse shit performance.....horse shit".

There....I feel better now. lol

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, but it just seems like the games where we come out "flat" are fairly predictable.  The Bengals have just established a bit of a trend that involves prime-time flatness, followed by playoff flatness.  It's all just getting too reliable to see coming, too.
I'll say it. If this team goes belly up this season after a great start, I will join the get Marvin out protest. Wait a minute, Marvy said if they don't win at least one playoff game, he will leave. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 06:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: We just need to never see that kind of performance out of Eifert ever again. Between the three drops all on crucial plays and the freelancing and not blocking well it was a big problem.

Did he get the big head after his three TDs? He looked like a JV player this week.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 07:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup.....I didn't realize it either , until I read about it the next day.  Andy's biggest issue has always been losing patience and forcing things...to me anyway.  He did a decent job of not falling into that trap Monday....but he still let the lack of execution get the better of him and fell into that trap a few times.  I thought they flagged Big Whit for that....but it might've been AJ.  Truth is , they all sucked.

To quote a prolific ranter if I may......

"We didn't do diddly poo on offense.  We sucked.  We couldn't run the ball....we didn't try to run the ball....couldn't throw the ball....in my opinion that just sucked.  It was a horse shit performance.....horse shit".

There....I feel better now. lol

I approve this message...
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 03:38 PM)3wt Wrote: I approve this message...

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

Reply/Quote
Goat #1 - Eifert, just awful ! Let's hope he got that out of his system.

Goat #2 - Dalton, just forget throwing the ball past 15 yards cause it's going out of bounds. Let's hope he's done targeting the cheerleaders and trying to knock the water boy out.

Goat #3 - D Line - zero pressure from front 4. However to be fair, defense was much better than O. But against a QB off the couch they should have been.

Goat #4 - Hue - he seemed to be a play behind the Texans all night.

I was a big member of the Hill bandwagon, he just can't get back in the saddle. Not sure what's up with him but he dances in the backfield on nearly every handoff. Lets hope they've got it out of their system with this one.

Gotta clean up those bonehead penalties.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2015, 03:38 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree we need more Gio, but he wasn't very effective as a runner tonight. Not that either got many chances.

They kept trying the sweep with Hill.  Just wasn't working. 
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 07:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Goat #1 - Eifert, just awful ! Let's hope he got that out of his system.

Goat #2 - Dalton, just forget throwing the ball past 15 yards cause it's going out of bounds. Let's hope he's done targeting the cheerleaders and trying to knock the water boy out.

Goat #3 - D Line - zero pressure from front 4. However to be fair, defense was much better than O. But against a QB off the couch they should have been.

Goat #4 - Hue - he seemed to be a play behind the Texans all night.

I was a big member of the Hill bandwagon, he just can't get back in the saddle. Not sure what's up with him but he dances in the backfield on nearly every handoff. Lets hope they've got it out of their system with this one.

Gotta clean up those bonehead penalties.

...about #2....the WRs gotta quit being forced into allowing the DBs to use the sidelines as a defender.  Those balls were throwaways.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 07:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Goat #2 - Dalton, just forget throwing the ball past 15 yards cause it's going out of bounds. Let's hope he's done targeting the cheerleaders and trying to knock the water boy out.

The pass to Burkhead was good if Rex had just looked over his outside shoulder instead of turning back into the field.
Reply/Quote