Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goebbels strikes again
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-feeling-a-draft/0f1d7480-e97b-4305-992e-58c6326f4f39

Allow me to summarize:

Zeitler is gone.  Pacman going nowhere.  Forget about a new C.  Sticking with the status quo cuz it's worked so well.

Don't know why I bother to read him since he makes me want to hurl.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
[Image: picture-1505_zps6e9697d8.gif~c200]
Reply/Quote
[Image: puppet-gadget.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 07:31 PM)McC Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hobsons-Choice-feeling-a-draft/0f1d7480-e97b-4305-992e-58c6326f4f39

Allow me to summarize:

Zeitler is gone.  Pacman going nowhere.  Forget about a new C.  Sticking with the status quo cuz it's worked so well.

Don't know why I bother to read him since he makes me want to hurl.

It's easy to see you don't really "get" what's going on around here. Why would we value interior linemen ? I mean we averaged finishing like 22nd or something in YPC rushing and the young interior linemen can be taught to yell lookout to Andy. And besides like Hobspin says we model ourselves after the Patriots, we;re nearly mirror images of each other ! We can plug just anybody inside and be ok, just like them.

Pacman, ummmm why would we get rid of a thug who's a major contributor to our on field discipline problem ? Who's going to run around the field throwing hissy fits ? Why would you not admire a man who spits on people ?

And I'm sure the 15th will be the charm, keep the faith bro.  Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Getting REAL CLOSE to saying f*** this team and avoiding NFL football until Marvin is gone and we get someone in here who has even the slightest clue
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 08:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's easy to see you don't really "get" what's going on around here. Why would we value interior linemen ? I mean we averaged finishing like 22nd or something in YPC rushing and the young interior linemen can be taught to yell lookout to Andy. And besides like Hobspin says we model ourselves after the Patriots, we;re nearly mirror images of each other ! We can plug just anybody inside and be ok, just like them.

Pacman, ummmm why would we get rid of a thug who's a major contributor to our on field discipline problem ? Who's going to run around the field throwing hissy fits ? Why would you not admire a man who spits on people ?

And I'm sure the 15th will be the charm, keep the faith bro.  Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

Exactly! Don't be such a hater, McC. We're only 15 years into Marvy's 30 year plan. These last 15 years should net us several of those coveted "non-losing" seasons. At least 2 more division title banners will be hung from the rafters of PBS.

Bengals fever! Catch it! :giggle:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hobson gnawls pimples off Mikies ass with his teeth. Can we trade him to Cleveland?

Reply/Quote
I don't really get any of this. Honestly the issues this team has are very fixable but yet nothing is ever done to fix any of it. Mind you they can do all of this while still being cheap asses.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 09:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Getting REAL CLOSE to saying f*** this team and avoiding NFL football until Marvin is gone and we get someone in here who has even the slightest clue

You're missing the ultimate problem, Pat....and it's not Marvin Lewis
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 09:07 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Getting REAL CLOSE to saying f*** this team and avoiding NFL football until Marvin is gone and we get someone in here who has even the slightest clue

This is probably the SMARTEST thing i've heard on here in awhile. Nothing will change and the eternal optimists on here with incredibly short memories will keep feeding the beast, or arguing, " if we don't support them they'll just leave."

Well who wants to follow someone who makes you sick to your stomach anyway? But don't just stop at Marvin this smell comes from the geriatric who owns the team and his family. Nothing short of just tuning out and turning them off will register with them. Only where it counts......the pocketbook! To us it's a passion, to them....a business. Short and sweet. A BUSINESS.
Reply/Quote
I thought this thread was about Goebel beer I used to drink years ago. Hobson is just as bad as the beer.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati doesn't pay their Guards & only pays their Tackles Hobson says? Well guess what dumbshate they don't have a RT worth paying you short sited moron. Unless..... you pay Zietler & move him to RT....... now there is an idea
Reply/Quote
I find it funny that Hobson can rationalize anything the team does by pointing at some random fact about the Patriots.

"Well the Patriots don't keep lineman so ya why should we"

"We have so and so at TE, remember when the patriots had Hernandez AND Gronk??"

"Lets compare Burkhead to James White"

Give up on trying to copy every damn thing the Patriots do or else you will always be playing catch up. Ya, they are good, the model franchise, but you can't sit there trying to be them. You have to make your own way and your own image. That is EXACTLY why teams like Seattle have been successful. They didn't follow the mold, and found there own style to success.

Oh well.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 01:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I find it funny that Hobson can rationalize anything the team does by pointing at some random fact about the Patriots.

"Well the Patriots don't keep lineman so ya why should we"

"We have so and so at TE, remember when the patriots had Hernandez AND Gronk??"

"Lets compare Burkhead to James White"

Give up on trying to copy every damn thing the Patriots do or else you will always be playing catch up. Ya, they are good, the model franchise, but you can't sit there trying to be them. You have to make your own way and your own image. That is EXACTLY why teams like Seattle have been successful. They didn't follow the mold, and found there own style to success.

Oh well.

What happened to "model model"? The Steelers signed DeCastro to a big deal.

I guess model model only applies to being cheap in free agency.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 10:46 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You're missing the ultimate problem, Pat....and it's not Marvin Lewis

Out of curiosity, who do you believe is the ultimate problem? 

Marv was the one that stuck with Ced O. when he was sucking royal ass...
Marv played ancient, plodding LBs over younger, faster options...
Marv sat Hunt, after he finally made some plays....
Marv ran MJ out there week after week when he was getting less pressure than PAs coaches shorts have in the seat...
Marv kept feeding Hill, when he only had success against Cleveland....

Those are all calls coming from the HC....I don't know who else could have been more at fault for this team's collapse.
Reply/Quote

I had an oppurtunity to speak to a former bengals Safety from the 80s that was part of both super bowl runs.  It's no coincidence as to why/when the bengals franchise took a downward turn. 

In his opinion Marvin Lewis is a Super Bowl caliber coach stuck on a bottom of the barrel franchise.  Hence the mixed results.  

It was kind of nice, and frustrating at the same time, to finally confirm what I had always assumed.  
Reply/Quote
Trying to compare the "Patriot Way" with the Bengals is ludicrous. Bringing up Mankins is even more so because Mankins was at the tail end of his career and only played two seasons in Tampa.

I think they are beginning to prepare us for the loss of Kirkpatrick as well. Bringing up Dennard and Jackson is his way of doing so.
Reply/Quote
Hobson, you need to stop comparing the "Can't win in the first round" Bengals to the 5 time SB Champion Patriots, you just sound silly. The only thing good I take out of that article is the fact he mentions Jon Toth, Center from Kentucky who can play all 3 interior positions. I guess that means he's on the Bengal's radar.....
Reply/Quote
as he should be.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 01:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What happened to "model model"? The Steelers signed DeCastro to a big deal.

I guess model model only applies to being cheap in free agency.

It's becoming more and more apparent that (at least) one interior lineman needs to be a top tier player for your entire OL to succeed. The pressure isn't just coming from the edge anymore. Interior rushers like Atkins and Donald are thriving. Teams haven't yet prioritized solidifying the middle of the OL, but they are starting to with deals like DeCastro is getting.

The Steelers' top two highest paid OL are DeCastro and Pouncey. They found great value in their middle-budget RT in Gilbert and LG in Foster. They had an absolute steal in terms of value by picking up former Eagles UDFA OT Alejandro Villanueva off the scrap heap.

The Bengals are good value from middle-tier LG Clint Boling. They have cheap contracts for their starting RT and backups. They have the money to give top dollar to elite players like Whitworth and Zeitler. If they don't want to pay Zeitler, they need to invest in a top-tier option at C, RT, or a different, slightly cheaper option at RG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote