Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goebbels strikes again
(02-13-2017, 03:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If you are the boss and the man that is going to pay those clients, you entertain those agents wherever YOU like to eat.

I will refer you to Benton's response below.  The goal in hosting a free agent, or their representatives, is to be impressive and show that you are a quality organization.  Some place that the person will want to work, a place they will be happy and treated well.  Wendy's does not accomplish any of that.
(02-13-2017, 03:21 PM)Benton Wrote: It sets the tone for the negotiations when the host says "I got this" at the counter and pulls out a wallet thick with coupons. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 03:21 PM)Benton Wrote: It sets the tone for the negotiations when the host says "I got this" at the counter and pulls out a wallet thick with coupons. 

Castanza style:

[Image: Costanza-wallet.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Guys, guys, Wendy's is a great place to eat. Haven't you ever been?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 04:23 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I will refer you to Benton's response below.  The goal in hosting a free agent, or their representatives, is to be impressive and show that you are a quality organization.  Some place that the person will want to work, a place they will be happy and treated well.  Wendy's does not accomplish any of that.

You guys are putting waaaaayyy too much emphasis on where they eat lunch. Of the list of things that they notice or care about, I'd put that on the bottom of page 2024.... If it ever really happened, I doubt someone did not sign here because his agent went to lunch at Wedny's with Mike Brown. C'mon man....
Reply/Quote
Sam Wyche was the best Bengals coach post Forrest Greg or Paul Brown.

why wasn't Mike patient with him?

I think the answer explains the lost decade and why Mike keeps a coach with the worst ever playoff record in NFL history and who cannot beat our main rival.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 10:49 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Mike Brown owns an asset which, according to Forbes, is valued at $1.7 billion.  Because of revenue sharing and television contracts negotiated by the league, he is guaranteed a profit.  He can afford anything he wants.

As for being cheap, you're really going to try to argue that Mike Brown is not the definition of the word?  Some examples of his "frugality".  The man takes business meetings at Wendy's.  Prospective free agents are flown into town in coach seating.  Television cables are available for rent during training camp.  Thin, "cheap" towels that are not big enough to wrap around players in the locker room.  Gatorade consumption is monitored.  They are the only northern team who does not have an indoor practice facility.  Many colleges and even some high schools have facilities which the Bengals do not.  The man is beyond cheap.

Almost every one of those descriptions you gave of Mike Brown are from when the Bengals held training camp at Wilmington College and the club was worth less than 1/4th of what you claim now.  Regardless of how frugal the man may or may not be, he has paid his players very well when they are even close to living up to their rookie deal.  He has even paid some players much more than they are worth (Rey Maualuga, for one).  

That still isn't the point...the original point was about wanting to win.  And I believe he does...
Reply/Quote
While Hobspin's articles make me as nauseated as the rest of you, what do you really want him to say? If he types the truth and puts it up on that website, he'll be out of a job. The guy works for Mike Brown, so he toes the company line and types happy stuff and in return (like Marvin Lewis) he has a job until he doesn't want it anymore.

The guys who write honestly about the Bengals are the guys not being paid by the Bengals. Read articles from the Enquirer or go read Lance's blog or Mo's blog, Mo and Lance really don't sugar coat anything. Hobson is just keeping the status quo and trying to keep hope alive so that he can keep being employed.

Do I hate the articles that sound like this last one...yup. Do I blame him for it? Nope...not one bit. I've had to say things at work I didn't buy into just to keep the bosses happy, it is what it is.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Why do we have a old british guy that probably couldn't get laid in a morgue who don't know nothing about football as the Bengals writer? That just looks like a Mike brown hire
Reply/Quote
I don't read Hobspins garbage. We all know he's just recirculating Mike Browns hot air.

Mike Brown is the Kim Jong Il of professional sports team owners.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 10:13 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't read Hobspins garbage. We all know he's just recirculating Mike Browns hot air.

Mike Brown is the Kim Jong Il of professional sports team owners.

This.  If you guys don't like his words, why do you still read it?  Its like half of ESPNs programming.  I can't stand listening to those guys talk incessantly about nothing.  Theres too much drama involved.  Who cares?  So, I just don't watch ESPN anymore unless the Hawkeyes are playing.  Do they still have billiards on Sunday afternoons?  Now, that is a bar sport that needs more air time.  Give me some more of that Black Widow please. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 10:45 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote:   Do they still have billiards on Sunday afternoons?  Now, that is a bar sport that needs more air time.  Give me some more of that Black Widow please. 

Oh hell yes, Jeannette Lee is outstanding....
Reply/Quote
Pacman has ego problem when it comes to off field antics!!!! But Burfict has a ego problem on the field! Two different problems though, one good #55 but the other a problem! Sad
Reply/Quote