Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goff Taylor Connection
Surprised I haven’t seen this mentioned, but the last time Goff was any good ZT was his direct coach. Zac should know this guys weaknesses and fears inside and out. If Goff looks comfortable back there I will be majorly surprised. I think it’s a huge factor this week that might be being overlooked.
Reply/Quote
Goff the year before Zac Taylor was his QB Coach for 1 year... 28 TD/7 INT, 100.5 QB Rating, Pro Bowl.

I highly doubt Taylor has deep intricate knowledge of Goff from being his QB Coach for 1 year that will lead to his utter collapse 3 years later. I think the secret to Goff is just that he isn't particularly great and McVay had just managed to make him look better than he is for awhile.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Goff the year before Zac Taylor was his QB Coach for 1 year... 28 TD/7 INT, 100.5 QB Rating, Pro Bowl.

I highly doubt Taylor has deep intricate knowledge of Goff from being his QB Coach for 1 year that will lead to his utter collapse 3 years later. I think the secret to Goff is just that he isn't particularly great and McVay had just managed to make him look better than he is for awhile.

I disagree. You work with a guy for a year and you know the types of throws he’s comfortable with and the types of throws he isn’t quite able to make. You can alter your game plan to put him in bad situations based on those tendencies.
Reply/Quote