Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going forward into 2022
(02-15-2022, 10:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Looking at teams as they stand now, I don't see any we can't beat on next season's schedule.

Ravens-Win- Lou has neutered Lamar
Ravens-Win
Browns-Win-- they may or may not have Mayfield
Browns-Win
Stealers-Win- Who knows who their QB will be.
Stealers-Win
Bills-Toss up, too close to call.
Dolphins-Win Burrow>Tua
Falcons-Win
Panthers- Win
Patriots- Win, I wanted this matchup in the playoffs.
Saints-Win
Buccaneers-No Brady or Gronk-Win
Chiefs- Why not, Shooter for the Win
Titans-Toss up, this will be a tight game.
Cowboys-Win
Jets-Revenge Win

Now all of those won't turn out to be right, but I'm expecting probably a 14-win season. We'll see how FA and the draft play out. First mock I've seen today has us taking Bernhard Raimann (great, another name no one will spell right) OL out of Central Michigan. Sounds like another project, which will be ok IF we get some Free Agents in here......

I see at least  3 to 5 possible losses with the current schedule with the team we have.  Ravens away, Titans, Chiefs, Cowboys, Bills and Patriots  are some games i feel we could lose.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In my positive thinking cloud 9 moment we were on the last two weeks I actually wondered if the NFL would try to screw us by making our banner dropping game to start the season against at team like the Bills/Chiefs instead of the typical sacrificial team the Super Bowl winner gets to open the season. (that now seems like a good problem to have had to wonder about). When is the last time the Super Bowl team lost their big opener?

I guess Tampa got a tough Cowboy team to start the season so I can't say they give the Super Bowl winner a sacrificial team. I have to look up when the last winner lost tho. I feel like it's rare.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
These are my definites if we are fully healthy.

Ravens (Home) - W
Ravens (Away) -
Browns (Home) - W
Browns (Away) - W
Stealers (Home) - W
Stealers (Away) - W
Bills
Dolphins - W
Falcons - W
Panthers - W
Patriots - W
Saints - W
Buccaneers - W
Chiefs
Titans
Cowboys - W
Jets - W
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: In my positive thinking cloud 9 moment we were on the last two weeks I actually wondered if the NFL would try to screw us by making our banner dropping game to start the season against at team like the Bills/Chiefs instead of the typical sacrificial team the Super Bowl winner gets to open the season. (that now seems like a good problem to have had to wonder about). When is the last time the Super Bowl team lost their big opener?

I guess Tampa got a tough Cowboy team to start the season so I can't say they give the Super Bowl winner a sacrificial team. I have to look up when the last winner lost tho. I feel like it's rare.

2017 September 7 Kansas City Chiefs 42–27 New England Patriots (Gillette Stadium)
Since 2002, Super Bowl winner home team is 15-4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Kickoff_Game#Win/loss_records
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 04:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If they can put together a top-ten offensive line, I see eleven wins on this schedule.  That's assuming, of course, that the defense doesn't fall off a cliff.

Ravens (home) - W
Ravens (away) - L
Browns (home) -W
Browns (away) - W
Steelers (home) - W
Steelers (away) - L
Bills - L
Dolphins - W
Falcons - W
Panthers - W
Patriots - W
Saints - W
Buccaneers - L (If they land Russell Wilson)
Chiefs - L
Titans - L
Cowboys - W
Jets - W

We've seen what Burrow can do with a patchwork line.  Give him more time in the pocket and this is a top five offense.  Book it.

Why would you have us losing to the Chiefs, who we beat twice with this offensive line, and the Titans? If we upgrade the line, which I believe we will, the defense will do it's part and we'll beat them again.
Reply/Quote