Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Standard Mock
Trade Back from 9 to 15 with Indy picking up a 2nd and 3rd round pick. This doesn't have me moving up with later picks like I would prefer, but I drafted BPA and filled out team needs.

15: R1P15
EDGE HAASON REDDICK
TEMPLE

ILB or OLB with tons of upside and none of the character issues. acquire two picks for a guy would could be better than Foster

41: R2P9
EDGE CHARLES HARRIS
MISSOURI

RDE to replace MJ

46: R2P14
G DAN FEENEY
INDIANA

One of the best guards in the draft

73: R3P9
RB JOE MIXON
OKLAHOMA

Joe Mixon has his tires kicked and may slip to third. Other alternative backs could be taken with same pick

79: R3P15
OT ANTONIO GARCIA
TROY

One of the better Tackles who can also play guard giving us a guy who can compete

116: R4P9
EDGE TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

Developmental DE

138: R4P31
WR JOSH REYNOLDS
TEXAS A&M

Solid Receiver

153: R5P9
CB SHAQUILL GRIFFIN
UCF

One of the combine stand outs with ability to compete. Has great size for the position and could be similar to Richard Sherman if the stars align

176: R5P32
WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA

Fast in and out of breaks. While he doesn't have the best flatline speed its his ability to burst in and out of routes that creates separation and he has above average hands.

193: R6P9
LB JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN
TENNESSEE

Backup LB with good size and speed

217: R6P33
RB T.J. LOGAN
NORTH CAROLINA

Change of pace back with return skills

227: R7P9
G AVIANTE COLLINS
TCU

Another Lineman to compete who played both LT and Guard. He has size and arms to play either

251: R7P33
TE DARRELL DANIELS
WASHINGTON

Another combine standout that is more of a receiving TE. Adds depth and could be a break out player

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:49 PM)Okeana Wrote: Trade Back from 9 to 15 with Indy picking up a 2nd and 3rd round pick.  This doesn't have me moving up with later picks like I would prefer, but I drafted BPA and filled out team needs.

EDGE HAASON REDDICK
TEMPLE

ILB or OLB with tons of upside and none of the character issues.  acquire two picks for a guy would could be better than Foster

**snip**

Another combine standout that is more of a receiving TE.  Adds depth and could be a break out player

Not a fan after the first pick.

Much rather have Jordan Willis over Charles Harris for DE

Taylor Moton over Dan Feeney. Moton can play RT or G and is flat out good.

Ethan Pocic or Pat Elflein over Mixon. Either can play G or C and the line needs it.  Mixon is welcome to his 2nd/3rd chance, but doesn't have to be here, if he's still on the board in the 4th or later, sure go for it.

Dalvin Tomlinson over Garcia. Solid DT hits need now that Oline is fixed

Pretty much BPA after this. I do like Reeves-Maybin a lot as a late round value pick. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 12:49 PM)Okeana Wrote: Trade Back from 9 to 15 with Indy picking up a 2nd and 3rd round pick.  This doesn't have me moving up with later picks like I would prefer, but I drafted BPA and filled out team needs.

EDGE HAASON REDDICK
TEMPLE

ILB or OLB with tons of upside and none of the character issues.  acquire two picks for a guy would could be better than Foster

41: R2P9  
EDGE CHARLES HARRIS
MISSOURI

RDE to replace MJ

46: R2P14  
G DAN FEENEY
INDIANA

One of the best guards in the draft

73: R3P9  
RB JOE MIXON
OKLAHOMA

Joe Mixon has his tires kicked and may slip to third.  Other alternative backs could be taken with same pick

79: R3P15  
OT ANTONIO GARCIA
TROY

One of the better Tackles who can also play guard giving us a guy who can compete

116: R4P9
EDGE TANOH KPASSAGNON
VILLANOVA

Developmental DE

138: R4P31  
WR JOSH REYNOLDS
TEXAS A&M

Solid Receiver

153: R5P9  
CB SHAQUILL GRIFFIN
UCF

One of the combine stand outs with ability to compete.  Has great size for the position and could be similar to Richard Sherman if the stars align

176: R5P32  
WR RYAN SWITZER
NORTH CAROLINA

Fast in and out of breaks.  While he doesn't have the best flatline speed its his ability to burst in and out of routes that creates separation and he has above average hands.

193: R6P9
LB JALEN REEVES-MAYBIN
TENNESSEE

Backup LB with good size and speed

217: R6P33  
RB T.J. LOGAN
NORTH CAROLINA

Change of pace back with return skills

227: R7P9  
G AVIANTE COLLINS
TCU

Another Lineman to compete who played both LT and Guard.  He has size and arms to play either

251: R7P33  
TE DARRELL DANIELS
WASHINGTON

Another combine standout that is more of a receiving TE.  Adds depth and could be a break out player

I like pretty much everything about this draft. I know Hassan is a monster pass rusher at LB and hopefully we would utilize him the right way, I also really like the picks of Harris and Feeney, the only thing I would like to see is to add an upgrade at center.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:25 PM)Crowe Wrote: I like pretty much everything about this draft. I know Hassan is a monster pass rusher at LB and hopefully we would utilize him the right way, I also really like the picks of Harris and Feeney, the only thing I would like to see is to add an upgrade at center.

yeah unfortunately with the drop off of guard and tackle I couldn't invest in a center.  I also don't think Bodine is going anywhere this year regardless of what we think.  If it happens tho I will be extremely happy.  I actually think Bodine may be a serviceable Guard, but center requires a step up in talent. 

Reply/Quote
Dream draft.

I hope it goes something like this. Got a lot of my favs.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:03 PM)Burma Wrote: Not a fan after the first pick.

Ethan Pocic or Pat Elflein over Mixon. Either can play G or C and the line needs it.  Mixon is welcome to his 2nd/3rd chance, but doesn't have to be here, if he's still on the board in the 4th or later, sure go for it.

Pretty much BPA after this. I do like Reeves-Maybin a lot as a late round value pick. 

A lot of these guys are pretty interchangeable with similar grades on them.  Moton and Garcia are graded very closely with the ability to play the same positions.  I just decided that an early round RDE would be a positive when I could get a similar tackle in the third.  Even with the need to draft Oline I personally wouldn't prioritize an early pick over a RDE, but that's juts personal opinion. 

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:56 PM)Okeana Wrote: yeah unfortunately with the drop off of guard and tackle I couldn't invest in a center.  I also don't think Bodine is going anywhere this year regardless of what we think.  If it happens tho I will be extremely happy.  I actually think Bodine may be a serviceable Guard, but center requires a step up in talent. 

Makes sense. I do believe that Bodine plays out this year as a starter, but man wouldn't it be nice to have a solid player there. I'm surprised they haven't brought a guy like Richie Braham in to help teach up a guy like Bodine. I've felt for awhile that Bodine would make a better guard as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 02:03 PM)Burma Wrote: Not a fan after the first pick.

I like both of these.  Harris scares me a little after the combine.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote