Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Golden to Notre Dame
Well, there’s one Coach gone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is that official? I saw a few minutes it was "expected" Al Golden would go to ND as their DC. But I haven't seen confirmation. I'd expect there will be some noise and possible moving from coaches this year after the season they had. No major surprise. Hard to know exactly what Golden's impact has been on the LB core, too.
Reply/Quote
Didn't know much about Golden when we first hired him but Wilson had come along well and had a hell of a game and if SB MVP voting was truly based on impact, would have been ours if they won....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:00 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Is that official? I saw a few minutes it was "expected" Al Golden would go to ND as their DC. But I haven't seen confirmation. I'd expect there will be some noise and possible moving from coaches this year after the season they had. No major surprise. Hard to know exactly what Golden's impact has been on the LB core, too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.com/3128562/2022/02/15/al-golden-to-notre-dame-what-are-the-irish-getting-in-their-new-defensive-coordinator/%3famp
Reply/Quote
Well, Notre Dame's helmets are colored gold, so there's that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 12:13 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Well, Notre Dame's helmets are colored gold, so there's that.

Al Golden Domers.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Al Golden
Reply/Quote
Shouldn't be hard to find a good replacement. Pratt & Wilson really improved their play and likely haven't reached their ceilings. Could make the job really attractive to a younger coach looking to become a DC in 2-3 years.
Reply/Quote
I don't know much about Al, I knew his name when we hired him because he was with the Lions for some years, so I'll just ask: what impact if any do we see this having on our Linebackers? Is there an obvious in-house candidate who can step into that spot, or will we be needing to look externally? I just don't pay a lot of attention to the coaches outside Zac and the Coords.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Congratulations Golden Dome Al !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Al's was the name the media floated as Lou Anarumo's possible replacement if he got a head coaching gig.

It will be a loss, IMO no position group improved more this season. Don't forget all our LBs are home grown unlike the rest of the defense Al raised these kids and now Papa is leaving the nest

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Congrats to Al, I think we will miss him as Pally says. Al Golden did a great job with our young Linebackers the last few
years and especially this season where we saw massive growth in their play. Hope we get somebody even close to as good
as Al, we will see. All I know is whoever we get will be getting some talented young LB's to work with in Logan, Germaine,
ADG and Bailey.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Golden and I'm optimistic that the more guys we see from Taylor's staff moving onto the next best job the more it exemplifies Zac is doing right by and great things for the Bengals organization as head coach.
Reply/Quote