Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goldman Sachs Concludes Obamacare Added 500k Jobs
(04-11-2017, 12:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the MAIN purpose of the ACA to LOWER the cost of healthcare? So, whoop de doo, the ACA may have created new jobs, but at least the average American's medical bills went up. Rolleyes

You know what will create even MORE jobs? Higher insurance premiums! Let's raise ALL the premiums so EVERYONE can have a job!!! /sarcasm

HEY !! Hey !....hey.

How the hell else was he going to redistribute wealth, "legally" ?
Ninja
So like $352k per job? Almost as good an outcome as the Obama stimulus.
--------------------------------------------------------

(04-12-2017, 04:53 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So like $352k per job? Almost as good an outcome as the Obama stimulus.

What all did that stimulus do and include?

I'll give you some time....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-12-2017, 04:53 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: So like $352k per job? Almost as good an outcome as the Obama stimulus.

Or the Bush stimulus?
(04-12-2017, 01:19 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: HEY !! Hey !....hey.

How the hell else was he going to redistribute wealth, "legally" ?
Ninja

Car insurance redistributes wealth from good drivers to shitty drivers. Health insurance redistributes wealth from healthy people to sick people. Social security redistributes wealth from your younger self to your older self.

Hippies!
(04-12-2017, 12:12 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Car insurance redistributes wealth from good drivers to shitty drivers. Health insurance redistributes wealth from healthy people to sick people. Social security redistributes wealth from your younger self to your older self.

Hippies!
Stop making sense.
You know that crap doesn't fly around here.
I could chime in a play like I know the answer; however, I do not. From all I've heard Obamacare was a mistake. It sounds terrible not to allow pre-existing conditions; yet someone told me that is the same as allowing you to get car insurance after you wrecked the car.

I will say everyone should be provided with healthcare; perhaps a hybrid commercial/social program. If you make less than "X" dollars per year then you are entitled to a program similar to free clinics and hospital emergencies. I think the problem comes when the person that works hard and sacrifices to pay health insurance sees/thinks that someone else is given the same coverage on someone else's dime.

There's a lot of things to consider, such as what responsibilities should go along with being "given" insurance. Proof that you are leading a healthy lifestyle, ect....

Bottom line: take how much we argue about it on here, multiply that by 1000, put it on steroids, and that's what you have in Congress. perhaps we could discuss siome ideas here instead of arguing along partisan lines.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-11-2017, 01:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 3) While the GOP's most recent plan sucked, there is certainly a myriad of problems with Obamacare that need to be addressed, but I guess it's better to do nothing and let things get worse because ... uh, Trump?  Whatever

I know I can't discount the "TRUMP EFFECT" on this one.  Much like an infomercial, Trump's campaign was based around convincing people that a myriad of things were wrong/broken/terrible before graciously offering to sell the cure they didn't even know they needed before the sales pitch started. It wouldn't surprise me if Obamacare wasn't exactly the gigantic failure he made everything that occurred in the past 8 years out to be.
(04-12-2017, 08:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: What all did that stimulus do and include?

Is this a question....or a a statement...Or a "I don't give a **** I'm a liberal!!!!!!!!!!"

(04-13-2017, 03:47 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Is this a question....or a a statement...Or a "I don't give a **** I'm a liberal!!!!!!!!!!"

It is an attempt for you to educate yourself on the "Obama Stimulus Package" before making wild statements about it.
(04-13-2017, 03:47 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Is this a question....or a a statement...Or a "I don't give a **** I'm a liberal!!!!!!!!!!"

It was a response to a misleading partisan comment which you followed up with a partisan insult per your usual MO. There is an inverse relationship between your subject matter expertise and your insults. The less you know about a subject the more you insult people. It's comical.
(04-13-2017, 10:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The less you know about a subject the more you insult people. It's comical.

I feel kind of bad about it, but I did laugh a little.
(04-13-2017, 12:51 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I feel kind of bad about it, but I did laugh a little.

It's okay. I was suspended for laughing.
(04-13-2017, 01:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's okay. I was suspended for laughing.

Wouldn't that make it not okay?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-13-2017, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wouldn't that make it not okay?

Depends on who you ask.
Anything that goes against the picture the right-wing is trying to paint is clearly a fabrication by a crooked and/or brainwashed liberal. I don't know who this Goldman Sachs fellow is, but he sounds Jewish (and therefore part of the left-wing lie-factory) and his assertions that Obamacare did anything but turn this once great country into a cesspool that makes Ethiopia look like paradise are full o' crap.

It's high time people accept the Republican truth that America is the best country to ever exist, but is also a total nightmare laughingstock. What's so hard about this?
(04-13-2017, 08:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: It is an attempt for you to educate yourself on the "Obama Stimulus Package" before making wild statements about it.

I'm sure you'd agree that the Stimulus created up to 3.3M jobs (using higher estimates).  I assumed you could do the math.

The Stimulus was widely regarded as being, to put it generously, underwhelming. Mostly liberal economists defended that, laughingly, by saying it was because it was too small.

(04-13-2017, 10:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It was a response to a misleading partisan comment which you followed up with a partisan insult per your usual MO. There is an inverse relationship between your subject matter expertise and your insults. The less you know about a subject the more you insult people. It's comical.

Hilarious

Actually, I responded to an insult by attempting to clarify if he was asking a question, making a statement, or trolling.

(04-13-2017, 06:41 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Hilarious

Actually, I responded to an insult by attempting to clarify if he was asking a question, making a statement, or trolling.

This is an insult?

(04-12-2017, 08:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: What all did that stimulus do and include?

(04-13-2017, 06:40 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm sure you'd agree that the Stimulus created up to 3.3M jobs (using higher estimates).  I assumed you could do the math.

The Stimulus was widely regarded as being, to put it generously, underwhelming.  Mostly liberal economists defended that, laughingly, by saying it was because it was too small.

Do you know what all was in the stimulus package?