Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf drivers
I am wondering if anyone has purchased a new driver in the last 2 years? I'm thinking of getting one of the TaylorMade Twist Face drivers, I've played TaylorMade since they came out with the bubble shaft. Anyone play another name brand that I might want to check out? I'm pretty much going all in, with a custom fitting for a shaft that fits my swing speed and launch. I'm not getting any younger and would like to stay competitive with the young bucks for a few more years.
Reply/Quote
What will this driver do for your game? Reason I ask, I have a slice from Hell I haven’t been able to fix in years. I’ve been told I swing the driver like a baseball bat and spin my hips for power which makes me connect with an outside to inside momentum causing one hellova spin. I’ve tried everything I know and can’t fix it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 08:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What will this driver do for your game? Reason I ask, I have a slice from Hell I haven’t been able to fix in years. I’ve been told I swing the driver like a baseball bat and spin my hips for power which makes me connect with an outside to inside momentum causing one hellova spin. I’ve tried everything I know and can’t fix it.

Loosen your grip and slow down. Drop your back elbow down to your side on your downswing, or close your stance...
I'm actually just hoping to pick up another 10-15 yds off the tee.
Reply/Quote
Been looking at that new Taylor made as well, but the Tommy Armour ta1 is great for me. Not too much to fiddle with. Best advice I can ever give some one is never try to hit it as hard as you can. Distance doesn't mean anything if you find the tall stuff.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 08:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What will this driver do for your game? Reason I ask, I have a slice from Hell I haven’t been able to fix in years. I’ve been told I swing the driver like a baseball bat and spin my hips for power which makes me connect with an outside to inside momentum causing one hellova spin. I’ve tried everything I know and can’t fix it.

Check your grip. Where your hands are matters. Oh and quit swinging it like a baseball bat.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 07:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Check your grip. Where your hands are matters. Oh and quit swinging it like a baseball bat.

You forgot, "untie your left shoe and breath out your right eye"....
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 11:35 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You forgot, "untie your left shoe and breath out your right eye"....

I think that's for pitchers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
PING.
Reply/Quote
I have played a lot of golf in my life. Don't get to play much anymore. I'm in my 50's and mostly play for position off the tee. I know where I don't want to go out there, and can still score good keeping it in play. If someone gave me a blank check for new equipment, I'd shop Titleist and golf balls from them as well.
Reply/Quote
[Image: depressing-things-happen-funny-5.jpg?qua...info&w=600]

Reply/Quote
Try rubbing some chapstick on the face of your driver first. I’ve heard it eliminates slices and hooks and since every hit is near perfect it adds yardage. ??? Worth a shot.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2019, 11:09 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Try rubbing some chapstick on the face of your driver first. I’ve heard it eliminates slices and hooks and since every hit is near perfect it adds yardage. ??? Worth a shot.

Are you serious or is this a joke? Never heard of it. Although, it would be funny if a golf partner said, “Damn, my lips are dry” and you just rear back and hit him in the mouth with your driver. LOL

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 08:34 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am wondering if anyone has purchased a new driver in the last 2 years? I'm thinking of getting one of the TaylorMade Twist Face drivers, I've played TaylorMade since they came out with the bubble shaft. Anyone play another name brand that I might want to check out? I'm pretty much going all in, with a custom fitting for a shaft that fits my swing speed and launch. I'm not getting any younger and would like to stay competitive with the young bucks for a few more years.

I'm not 100% if it was last 2 years, might have been 3. I swing a TaylorMade M2 for my driver. You probably can't go wrong with any of the big names like TaylorMade, Callaway or Titleist, but if you already have brand loyalty, might as well stick to what you like.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 08:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Loosen your grip and slow down. Drop your back elbow down to your side on your downswing, or close your stance...
I'm actually just hoping to pick up another 10-15 yds off the tee.

I just wanted to say that this was the best advice I had ever received when someone explained to me the difference between having your elbow "in" and having your elbow "down". 

Certainly not going to call it some sort of cure-all, as I still get some nasty left to right movement sometimes, but it helped me.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 02:34 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I just wanted to say that this was the best advice I had ever received when someone explained to me the difference between having your elbow "in" and having your elbow "down". 

Certainly not going to call it some sort of cure-all, as I still get some nasty left to right movement sometimes, but it helped me.

Glad it helped you out! I think I am getting the M3. I know it's the newest model, but I like the looks and you can monkey around with weights to get it dialed in. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 08:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Are you serious or is this a joke? Never heard of it. Although, it would be funny if a golf partner said, “Damn, my lips are dry” and you just rear back and hit him in the mouth with your driver. LOL

You serious Clark?

Heck ya! Try it! Why else has the PGA banned such substances from being applied to clubs?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote