Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golladay a Giant
Good for him! Doesn't bother me at all. We're going to have some WRs. I'm not concerned about it. Much like Aaron Rodgers, Joe elevates the guys he works with.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 02:07 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Much like Aaron Rodgers, Joe elevates the guys he works with.

This is the 3rd or 4th time in the last couple of day that I've seen Joe Burrow mentioned in the same breath as Aaron Rodgers when it comes a discussion about WR talent.

Some of you all need to really calm the eff down with these comparisons. lol.  I really like Burrow, and I think he had a nice rookie year.  But Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 QB of all time and has been in the league for 16 years.  Burrow has played in a total of 10 games and has thrown 13 touchdown passes.

PLEASE stop talking about Joe Burrow and Aaron Rodgers as being similar.  And that goes for Tom Brady too, which just came up in another thread.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 02:50 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is the 3rd or 4th time in the last couple of day that I've seen Joe Burrow mentioned in the same breath as Aaron Rodgers when it comes a discussion about WR talent.

Some of you all need to really calm the eff down with these comparisons. lol.  I really like Burrow, and I think he had a nice rookie year.  But Aaron Rodgers is a top 5 QB of all time and has been in the league for 16 years.  Burrow has played in a total of 10 games and has thrown 13 touchdown passes.

PLEASE stop talking about Joe Burrow and Aaron Rodgers as being similar.  And that goes for Tom Brady too, which just came up in another thread.

I mean he’s also compared to Joe Montania also so you know Aaron is just the tip of the ice berg
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2021, 07:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He played the Bengals to get the Giants offer higher.

He had offers from the Bears and Ravens as well.  The Bears reportedly offered 12 million, the Bengals 11 million, and Ravens 10 million.  He got 18 million from the Giants

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He went for the money not for stats and play off contention that’s for sure. You can’t blame him though, 18 is about what he was hoping for as the #1 wr in FA.
Reply/Quote
Golliday is a great WR. It would have been nice to have him, but no way should we be spending that much money for a #1 WR when we already have a couple of very good ones in Boyd and Higgins.

We desperately need to upgrade the talent at WR, but what we need is a good #3. A $6 to 8 million dollar guy with some speed.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Golliday is a great WR. It would have been nice to have him, but no way should we be spending that much money for a #1 WR when we already have a couple of very good ones in Boyd and Higgins.

We desperately need to upgrade the talent at WR, but what we need is a good #3. A $6 to 8 million dollar guy with some speed.

They can get a vertical threat somewhere in this draft if they cant find one in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 02:50 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is the 3rd or 4th time in the last couple of day that I've seen Joe Burrow mentioned in the same breath as Aaron Rodgers when it comes a discussion about WR talent.

I think you're being pissy because they didn't sign your boy. Perhaps, you should calm yourself down. 

Obviously, Joe hasn't spent a decade in the game, yet. That said, they are comparable in many ways. If you can't see it, it's because you choose not to.

PLEASE don't come at me with your petulant little tantrum. 
Reply/Quote