Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Andy/Bad Andy
(10-07-2017, 05:15 PM)Synric Wrote: You quoted but didn't answer. You deflected.

According to your premise of playoff wins and primetime wins who is better Ben Roethlisberger or Aaron Rodgers?

Fact is before Andy Dalton the Bengals barely even got a  chance to see playoffs.

But you see that's different because.............................ummm ok I've got nothing. But you see it's still different.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My point still stands that Andy has more bad games than other QBs. You cherry picked stats that fit your argument. Yet if you based your conclusion off of comparisons with those same players using bad games or worse Andy has a way higher percentage of those than nearly all of them except Flacco and yet he still beats his percentage.

I’ll say it again since it got deleted before...take away our top 10 defense nearly every year Dalton’s been here and plug in a middle of the road defense and we don’t make the playoffs. Replace Andy with a middle of the road average QB and we still make the playoffs. That’s where the offense has been ranking for nearly every year Dalton has been here.

Maybe let’s look at Andy’s stats at just playoff games vs any other QBs with the same or more playoff games. What percentage of Andy’s playoffs games bad games?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 04:05 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: My point still stands that Andy has more bad games than other QBs.  You cherry picked stats that fit your argument.  Yet if you based your conclusion off of comparisons with those same players using bad games or worse Andy has a way higher percentage of those than nearly all of them except Flacco and yet he still beats his percentage.  

I’ll say it again since it got deleted before...take away our top 10 defense nearly every year Dalton’s been here and plug in a middle of the road defense and we don’t make the playoffs.  Replace Andy with a middle of the road average QB and we still make the playoffs.  That’s where the offense has been ranking for nearly every year Dalton has been here.  

Maybe let’s look at Andy’s stats at just playoff games vs any other QBs with the same or more playoff games.  What percentage of Andy’s playoffs games bad games?

This isn't a very good argument. 

You first talk about cherry picking, then you want to take away something good from Dalton to prove your point. Then you want to take a very specific area, playoffs, and make comparisons that way. 

Everyone knows how that stacks up. But to your earlier point, that he has more bad games, the percentages show that he's pretty much on par with, at least, the QBs that were used in the OP. 

I do agree that a more complete comparison would include playoff games but i didn't create the thread parameters. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 04:05 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: My point still stands that Andy has more bad games than other QBs.  1. You cherry picked stats that fit your argument. 2. Yet if you based your conclusion off of comparisons with those same players using bad games or worse Andy has a way higher percentage of those than nearly all of them except Flacco and yet he still beats his percentage.  

3. I’ll say it again since it got deleted before...4. take away our top 10 defense nearly every year Dalton’s been here and plug in a middle of the road defense and we don’t make the playoffs.  Replace Andy with a middle of the road average QB and we still make the playoffs.  That’s where the offense has been ranking for nearly every year Dalton has been here.  

5. Maybe let’s look at Andy’s stats at just playoff games vs any other QBs with the same or more playoff games.  What percentage of Andy’s playoffs games bad games?

1. I cherry picked nothing. I listed his percentages for every type of game, which leaves it open for readers to make their own conclusion. I feel those stats all speak for themselves. I didn't cherry pick QBs, either. I just didn't feel like doing 30 different QB's as it's time consuming. I did offer to do requests. If you want me to list Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers, just ask (no I'm not comparing Dalton to Brady/Rodgers).

2. You accuse me of cherry-picking, then turn around and want to cherry pick.

3. It got deleted because you called Syrinc an idiot and his ideas idiotic. Multiple times. Be glad you didn't get banned. If you have any questions about it, PM me or a different mod. Calling out mod actions publicly won't be tolerated. Fwiw, plenty of folks have debated me in here (with better arguments, IMO) and their posts are left intact.

4. What does this have to do with the topic of this thread? Which is specifically about whether or not Andy has more bad games than other QB's.

5. Once again, if you want a thread about playoff games and prime-time games, go make one. I'm pretty sure we all have Andy's playoff stats memorized by now. This thread is new ground. We always hear about how many bad games Dalton has, and how "Bad Andy" just appears at random, but we've never seen the stats get analyzed to see if it's really true.

From now on, I'm just going to delete any post that isn't at least somewhat on topic. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote