Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good, Bad and Fugly & 5 up/5 down: Week 3
The Good-
Burrow lived to play another game week 4.
2 minute drill. This is the Offenses bread and butter. All drives should be played in 2 minute drill.
Defense. Outside of 2 minute situation at end of half. Yea the end results show they gave up a ton of rushing yards again, but they made enough stops to win. Even in overtime.
Injuries. I didn't see anyone go down.

The Bad-
2 minute defense still seems to be issue. Across 3 DC's now so it isn't the Coordinator.
AJ Green is possibly our 3rd or 4th best Wideout.
Offensive system unable to adjust from heavy playaction.
Redzone Offense - Say what you want about Lazor, but the Offense could score when fully healthy.
OT play. Did they even pick up a yard?

The Fugly
Oline play.
Missed sacks.

5 up
Burrow - Continues to fight and give us a shot to win.
Bates - Bounce back game for him.
Daniels - I know at the end of the game the number show we got gashed, but it didn't feel as obvious as it did in the Cleveland game. The D, however bad they are, seems to be better with him.
Boyd - What can you say. Our clear #1 receiver.
Alexander - He had some mistakes, but he made plays as well.
**Honorable mentions - Gio, Rookie LB's, Higgins (but too many drops).

5 down
Price - Ok, the guy sucks.
Taylor - 5 for 5 on 4th down and the first drive meant to set the tone he punts on 4th and 2 on the opponents side of the field. Coached scared. Too scared for a 2-16-1 coach.
Jordan - Rough game for him from run blocking and pass protection standpoint.
Mixon - Oline sucks, but he wasn't hitting holes. Too much dancing and indecision.
Bullock - Maybe the extra kicker has healed his calves, but his kick off out of bounds on the last 4th quarter drive set the tone for the tie.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Quote:The Bad-
2 minute defense still seems to be issue. Across 3 DC's now so it isn't the Coordinator.

I wouldn't say that. Just means we've had three bad DCs.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson had a great game. Not only was he disruptive rushing the passer but he also made some plays in run defense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Carl Lawson had a great game.  Not only was he disruptive rushing the passer but he also made some plays in run defense.

Good call.

Was great to see him bullying Peters...was starting to lose faith a bit over past couple of seasons but that was his best game in ages.

If we ever get to play with a significant lead this year turn him loose
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Carl Lawson had a great game.  Not only was he disruptive rushing the passer but he also made some plays in run defense.

Indeed, he really came to play Sunday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Up - Dunlap was very noticeable yesterday. Made some classic Dunlap plays.

Up - Gio. Had our best play of the game. USE HIM MORE

Up - Logan Wilson and ADG both made some flashy plays. Nice to see after the LBers were so terrible against Cleveland.

Up - Burrow had 105 rating in a game he was sacked 8x. Remarkable.

Down - Sample. MEH

Down - Mixon. Something has to give. We can’t keep getting so little production from out #1 RB.

Down - Bullock kicking it out of bounds was a back breaker. Unacceptable.

Reply/Quote
Yup Burrow survived thank god. Its only a matter of time though. Id rather him sit out the rest of the season til he can get some help on the oline.. Its sad
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Up - Dunlap was very noticeable yesterday. Made some classic Dunlap plays.

Up - Gio. Had our best play of the game. USE HIM MORE

Up - Logan Wilson and ADG both made some flashy plays. Nice to see after the LBers were so terrible against Cleveland.

Up - Burrow had 105 rating in a game he was sacked 8x. Remarkable.

Down - Sample. MEH

Down - Mixon. Something has to give. We can’t keep getting so little production from out #1 RB.

Down - Bullock kicking it out of bounds was a back breaker. Unacceptable.

I got so tired of people claiming Bernard was never the same after the Shazier hit... He just hasn't been used effectively. People are forgetting that he's filled in admirably when Joe Mixon has been injured. Gio can do more than block on 3rd down.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote