Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton
(05-25-2021, 07:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This, Mike Hilton knows how to do things other Slot corners just don't.

Agree with others that we NEED to use him the same way Pitt did.

He can be that sword in their side for years to come along with Von who has an adamant dislike already.

You can definitely tell that he likely played LB when he was young, as he still plays with those same instincts, despite being trapped in a DB's body.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You can definitely tell that he likely played LB when he was young, as he still plays with those same instincts, despite being trapped in a DB's body.

Yes, Hilton plays different than other pure Corners.

Hated losing Mackenzie, then we got this guy and I was all good. This right here says a lot as I really liked Mack.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You can definitely tell that he likely played LB when he was young, as he still plays with those same instincts, despite being trapped in a DB's body.

I believe he played that Slot Corner/Box Safety Hybrid Position at Ole Miss.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 08:09 PM)Synric Wrote: I believe he played that Slot Corner/Box Safety Hybrid Position at Ole Miss.

Perhaps, but somewhere in his youth, I'm thinking this man was a LB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 11:19 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I liked Alexander too and was hoping to sign him until we signed Hilton. Sled posted a nice highlight vid above, here are a couple more vids on Hilton. I know one thing, many Stealer fans hate that we got him, and I love that. 

Thanks for posting the vids. The way he’s able to release from blocks and make the tackle for a guy his size is impressive.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2021, 11:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Wouldn't this be dictated by the play call, not by Hilton?

It would be. After watching a lot of 2020 Bengals games over I noticed a few times our corners including Alexander had unblocked path to QB and could not make the play as he whiffed which allowed QB to scramble and complete pass. Hilton usually does not whiff when he gets his chance. He is also better at playing the run and is as good as M Alexander in coverage form the slot corner. I hope Trae Waynes can play up to his contract.
Reply/Quote