Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Burrow video
This is really well done, and is by the same guy that did the excellent “The Pain in Cincy” video.

https://youtu.be/lzJhI8mcZTw
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 12:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is really well done, and is by the same guy that did the excellent “The Pain in Cincy” video.

Wow.  This really was fantastic.  Thanks for sharing this!  As if I wasn't excited enough for next season, this just sent me through the roof!  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 12:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is really well done, and is by the same guy that did the excellent “The Pain in Cincy” video.

Great share.  Thank you!

A few things about this video:

1.)  Every new number that would unveil a new characteristic showed Joe in his throwing stance with the color rush white uniform.  This should be our white uniform every game.  If you want to do something silly for the color rush, make it all orange.  

2.) Even though the Bengals only won two games with Burrow as QB, going back through those highlights makes one realize that despite having a suddenly ineffective Green, a horrible starting offensive line early in the year, a very tough pass-rush heavy schedule early in the year (thanks, NFL), and not having a preseason, Burrow showed why they took him #1 overall. 

3.) The fourth down numbers.  I knew as a team that they had a high success rate on fourth down, but the best in NFL history for a QB with over 10 attempts?  Joe is one cool dude.

4.) Most of those receptions in the highlights were of the underneath variety to Higgins and Boyd, with a little RB and TE mixed in for good measure.  Joe never forced the ball to any one WR.  Can you imagine what he could do if Ja'Marr Chase ends up being the first pick next season?  We can debate the offensive line all day in another thread (and FWIW, I think there will be three new starters on the line vs. the start of last season, and two of them will not have played for the Bengals in 2020) but if he had a vertical threat to pull safeties deeper, that not only opens the middle of the field more (something Chase can also exploit, which is why he would be so much more than just a speed option like Ross) that the other receivers will eat, and the rushing attack should have more chunk plays as well.  

5.) "Catchable ball" is not just a marketing term.  It is a real thing and Burrow has incredible touch to throw a very catchable ball.  

Reply/Quote
Great video but i have to knock it down from an A grade to a B.
You can’t show Boomer’s great play action ability with him in a Jets uniform!

Other than that it was excellent. I just hope he has a full recovery that doesn't inhibit his ability to scramble and move around in the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 11:36 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Great video but i have to knock it down from an A grade to a B.
You can’t show Boomers great play action highlight with him in a Jets uniform!

Other than that it was excellent. I just hope he has a full recovery that doesn't inhibit his ability to scramble and move around in the pocket.

Hasn’t effected Deshaun Watson.

Reply/Quote
That vid was fun to watch. Thanks OP.

Reply/Quote
Great video. Anything positive thing to help pass the time until Free Agency starts is a plus.
I do think we will sign 2 Free Agent top lineman. The Brown family likes Joe Burrow too much not to give him protection.
Reply/Quote
Seems this Burrow kid knows how to play football.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
These are the same qualities we talked about pre-draft that would make Burrow elite. I loved that the video mentioned velocity and catchable balls.

Build Burrow an offensive line give him a run game and watch him take his game to the next level adding in playaction and RPOs.

Edit: Forgot how many throws Burrow made to receivers while defenders were draped all over them lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 11:36 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Great video but i have to knock it down from an A grade to a B.
You can’t show Boomer’s great play action ability with him in a Jets uniform!

Agreed, but I still give it an A because of all the other awesome highlights, down from an A+.   Hilarious

That being said about the Boom...I remember when this was all happening because I was not a season ticket holder during Boomer's run.  Lucky me I graduated and saved up to buy season tickets right in time for the opening of the new stadium and got to witness those awful teams in person until the Palmer-Chad era made it all worthwhile.

Back to the Boom...I used to find it so funny (and frustrating) that watching the games on TV, Boomer would not only fake out the opposing defense, but EVERY DAMN CAMERA.  The camera would follow the RB, watch him get stuffed, and then adjust and catch the tail end of a beautiful pass by Esiason.  They often would not even be able to play a review where the camera stayed on Esiason, they would just show the receiver catch the ball downfield.  Pretty funny looking back.  He was truly the master of that fake.  
Reply/Quote
Those 4th down numbers for Burrow are incredible. Best passer rating on 4th down of anyone with 10+ attempts in NFL history.
Reply/Quote
Really his only area of weakness has been the deep ball. If he turns that around he's a top 5 QB in this league in a few short years.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

Great vid. Thx!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 02:56 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Really his only area of weakness has been the deep ball. If he turns that around he's a top 5 QB in this league in a few short years.

I like the way he brought it up in his interview with Cowherd. He knows what he needs to improve on and you can tell it bothers him.
If they can protect him and keep him clean in the pocket then he will have a great career

I just hope the Brown family is able to look back and laugh at us for doubting Zac. Otherwise they will have wasted another year.
Reply/Quote
Bump

Some of you really should watch this video again (or if you missed it the first time). Watch the whole thing and tell me you’re still worried about some TC practices or “underwhelming numbers” from his rookie season.

Reply/Quote
Watching the video, you'd think we had gone to the playoffs or were at the top of our division while he was with 2 good knees.
Reply/Quote