Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Cop Bad Cop
(02-08-2022, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not surprised that you don't understand that the '20 Bengals were a group of sheep led by a lion.

What did that get us?

I prefer facts and reality to sophomoric euphemisms. 

As I said.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said.

You said the sheep led by the lion should be feared.

But reality says they only won 4 games.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The key to being an effective leader is knowing that the same approach does not work for everyone.  If you get in some people's face they will just get defensive and shut down, but others will be motivated by it.

My dad was more the type of "keeping his head when all around him were losing theirs".  So I was never really impressed by coaches losing their shit and screaming and yelling.  But some people (especially high school and college kids) respond to that.

When I played ball I'm school, I was always motivated by the coach yelling and grabbing your facemask. They are trying to get the best out of you...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You said the sheep led by the lion should be feared.

But reality says they only won 4 games.

I didn't say it Alexander the Great did. 

Here's the thing:

You know, I know, and everyone reading this forum knows the difference outstanding leadership can provide. But you've already said things to the contrary and will double down on the ignorance rather than admit leadership matters given the exact same group of followers.

Now you might try to slide a goalpost or "re-explain" what you said, but you won't say I was mistaken. 

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 06:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to find out CJ's voice is heard in there as well.

I could see CJ handling this kinda stuff one of two ways: 1) intense pep talk 2) going full Jim from the office and putting the perpetrator's helmet in Jell-O.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't say it Alexander the Great did. 

Here's the thing:

You know, I know, and everyone reading this forum knows the difference outstanding leadership can provide. But you've already said things to the contrary and will double down on the ignorance rather than admit leadership matters given the exact same group of followers.

Now you might try to slide a goalpost or "re-explain" what you said, but you won't say I was mistaken. 

Here is the thing.

Everytime someone talks about a QB who was a "great leader" they mention a QB who was highly skilled and won with his talent.  And when he won he usually had a lot of talent around him.

If Burrow could win games with leadership he would not have been 2-10 as a starter last year,
Reply/Quote
Of course, there's always the fact that in year 2, Burrow is improved as a leader as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 10:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course, there's always the fact that in year 2, Burrow is improved as a leader as well.

According to Fred it wouldn't matter. "Leadership is useless". 

Never mind that a good leader can motivate someone to perform at his/her optimal level; hell it's damn near the definition of leadership. 

Burrow took 1.5 years to LEAD us to the Superbowl. he didn't do it in the rookie half year he played, so his leadership is moot. 

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 10:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the thing.

Everytime someone talks about a QB who was a "great leader" they mention a QB who was highly skilled and won with his talent.  And when he won he usually had a lot of talent around him.

If Burrow could win games with leadership he would not have been 2-10 as a starter last year,

Perhaps I overestimated you. Apparently you truly do not know the difference effective leadership can make on an organization. 

Reply/Quote