Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good God I cant believe im saying this...
Possibly it's 2011 all over again? That year the Bengals were coming off a terrible 2010 season where no one expected them to do much and they were playing NFC West teams. Then, they unexpectedly made the playoffs and began the five-year run. The difference though, was a rookie Andy and A.J.

No matter what, the Bengals have to figure out a way to stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
Let’s let the offseason play out first
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:49 PM)jason Wrote: In all honesty I only see 7-8 wins on that schedule. We traditionally struggle at Buffalo, against Miami period, Pittsburgh, and who wants to play in Seattle?... He batter get to coaching them up.

Everything changes with a new HC, Marv's history is gone.

It is all up in the air now, if Marv was still here i would agree with you Jason, but he is not.
Reply/Quote
New coach and they may do a complete re-set, way to early to talk about next year
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post but moving on from Marv should help in us finally beat the Steelers.

His record against them was one of the biggest reasons we should of moved on years ago.

You cannot continually lose to your biggest rival, this is unacceptable.

Also Marv's playoff record speaks for itself. Atleast with a new HC we can say that if we get into the Playoffs anything can happen.

With Marv it was an automatic out every frickin' time.

You're right, moving on from Marv will definitely help all areas but again it depends on who it is. I don't see it being much better with Hue or Vance. Vance beat the Steelers this season but that had more to do with the Steelers screwing up than Vance outcoaching Tomlin. The Bengals just implode when they're on the same field as the Steelers. No matter who the new coach is, they will have to instill the attitude and execution that is needed to beat them. 
Reply/Quote
The teams seeing us on the schedule are saying the same thing.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was just looking at our schedule for next year, and I think the Bengals make the playoffs.

Home
Ravens
Browns
Pats
Steelers
Jets
49ers
Cardinals
Jaguars

Away
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Seahawks

We literally only play 3 teams that made the playoffs this year. Our division is going to be mediocre next year at best. I really think a healthy Bengals team has just as good of shot as any other team in our division to make the playoffs.

What am I doing?

This is one of the main reasons as to the interest in Rams assistants and McDaniels.

And why Hugh isn't going anywhere.

When are the Todd Bowles and Steve Wilks interviews?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:23 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: You're right, moving on from Marv will definitely help all areas but again it depends on who it is. I don't see it being much better with Hue or Vance. Vance beat the Steelers this season but that had more to do with the Steelers screwing up than Vance outcoaching Tomlin. The Bengals just implode when they're on the same field as the Steelers. No matter who the new coach is, they will have to instill the attitude and execution that is needed to beat them. 

Yes, it definately matters who the next HC is.

If it is Hue there will be major backlash and Hue is Marv's buddy and ditched us for the Stains. Highly doubt he is the next HC, the only thing that will keep us fans from going nutz would be an outside hire and whoever that is i am sure will be better than Marv for us and atleast we would know that we have a chance if we get into the Playoffs and atleast we know we wouldn't be as bad against the Steelers.

This is all i am sayin'.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 05:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, it definately matters who the next HC is.

If it is Hue there will be major backlash and Hue is Marv's buddy and ditched us for the Stains. Highly doubt he is the next HC, the only thing that will keep us fans from going nutz would be an outside hire and whoever that is i am sure will be better than Marv for us and atleast we would know that we have a chance if we get into the Playoffs and atleast we know we wouldn't be as bad against the Steelers.

This is all i am sayin'.

I doubt Hugh will get consideration as HC outside the Bengals.

To prepare for NFC West and AFC East opponents, Bengals would have to bring aboard coaches who have game prep and CI knowledge of those Teams.

Since no one willingly or by contract will make a lateral move to Bengals, that means promotional moves.

There are three positions - HC, OC and DC (maybe assistant HC).

So Hugh, Joseph, Bowles and Wilks (all fired HCs), could conceivably be be considered for coordinator jobs.

The odd man out is Joseph, as related to next year opponents. Bowles and Wilks could provide CI on AFC East and NFC West, whereas Hugh could do that for Browns and Steelers (via his time with Haley).

The Rams assistants seem like the wild cards here.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 06:15 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I doubt Hugh will get consideration as HC outside the Bengals.

To prepare for NFC West and AFC East opponents, Bengals would have to bring aboard coaches who have game prep and CI knowledge of those Teams.

Since no one willingly or by contract will make a lateral move to Bengals, that means promotional moves.

There are three positions - HC, OC and DC (maybe assistant HC).

So Hugh, Joseph, Bowles and Wilks (all fired HCs), could conceivably be be considered for coordinator jobs.

The odd man out is Joseph, as related to next year opponents. Bowles and Wilks could provide CI on AFC East and NFC West, whereas Hugh could do that for Browns and Steelers (via his time with Haley).

The Rams assistants seem like the wild cards here.

Yeah, i want us to wait and get all of our interviews in before us making the selection. Don't want anything to do with Hue, Lazor, Bowles, Wilks even as Coordinators honestly. I know Hue was a decent OC for us but we need to just move on and i think the new HC will want someone he is comfortable with as his OC.

Want the new HC to be either Bienemy, Richard, Monken, McCarthy, Taylor, or Waldron myself. Cause yeah, Taylor and Waldron do seem like the wild cards.
Reply/Quote
As others have said, maybe time to wait to see who the next HC is as well as OC and DC. Not to mention some weaker teams can turn things around as well, happened with a few teams this year. I'm going to wait to see who the new HC is, how the draft goes, free agency and even then probably 3 to 4 games into the season before I start hoping for the playoffs.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i want us to wait and get all of our interviews in before us making the selection. Don't want anything to do with Hue, Lazor, Bowles, Wilks even as Coordinators honestly. I know Hue was a decent OC for us but we need to just move on and i think the new HC will want someone he is comfortable with as his OC.

Want the new HC to be either Bienemy, Richard, Monken, McCarthy, Taylor, or Waldron myself. Cause yeah, Taylor and Waldron do seem like the wild cards.

Nate, I'm surprised Carmichael hasn't been interviewed.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:35 PM)jason Wrote: Last place schedules are the shit huh?

I'm sure they have something to do with worst to first turnarounds
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:59 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Let’s let the offseason play out first

Yep, way to many unanswered questions to even begin having playoff thoughts yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was just looking at our schedule for next year, and I think the Bengals make the playoffs.

Home
Ravens
Browns
Pats
Steelers
Jets
49ers
Cardinals
Jaguars

Away
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Seahawks

We literally only play 3 teams that made the playoffs this year. Our division is going to be mediocre next year at best. I really think a healthy Bengals team has just as good of shot as any other team in our division to make the playoffs.

What am I doing?
We lost four games to just two of the teams and things don't look good against four others. Hopefully we can stay healthy and turn things around with a new coach.
Reply/Quote
Based off of this years team I easily see 13 loses.

But, thank God the Bengals will not be this years team next year and if they get the right coach and staff including trainers and doctors(which I blame for all of the injuries to key players every year and especially this year), this team could win 13 games as well if not more.

Just need the right coaches and for Mike Brown to just sign the damn checks.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote

Home
Ravens
Browns
Pats
Steelers

Jets
49ers
Cardinals
Jaguars

Away
Browns

Steelers
Ravens

Bills
Dolphins
Raiders

Rams
Seahawks

What am I doing?

Looking at that I say we go 8-8 unless we make some major changes.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:51 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Ah Weezy I'n not feeling for this old off season trick!

I have absolutely no doubt there are even Cardinals fans looking at us on the schedule and thinking 'Bengals at PBS ...sure fire road win!'

Things always get turned around and never play out as you seem....e.g. based on '18 record you could look at Jags at home and think a win but they could turn it around just as quick and be that defensive powerhouse 

I will be making my long-awaited return to Cincinnati for the Cardinals game (as I want to spend my money and time on a game where they have a better chance of winning) and will be heading to Buffalo too.

So they better win both those games!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Forget playoffs. Let's just focus on a winning season first.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 12:09 AM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Looking at that I say we go 8-8 unless we make some major changes.

Even "major changes" are meaningless if they're still losing. I'm not a big fan of change for the sake of change. I like positive changes much more than just changes.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote