Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Good Interview with Zac
(06-10-2023, 11:23 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Wasn’t talking about really your comments on this thread. I’ve researched your posts endlessly and you diminish Taylor often. You are a good poster and very knowledgeable and perceptive. I won’t take that away from you but you are the most critical poster here.

What you wouldn't see from that research (I'm... flattered?) is I give a lot of rep out. Most of the time when I agree with something I will just give the person rep and move on, maybe include a little message to them in the rep. Just because you don't see me endlessly posting just to put my agreement out in the open doesn't mean it doesn't happen. They know.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 11:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What you wouldn't see from that research (I'm... flattered?) is I give a lot of rep out. Most of the time when I agree with something I will just give the person rep and move on, maybe include a little message to them in the rep. Just because you don't see me endlessly posting just to put my agreement out in the open doesn't mean it doesn't happen. They know.

No it’s your comments on Zac and his staff not posters. It’s the often downplaying their accomplishments. Find me a post where you praised Zac
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 03:03 AM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: He got a his 1st coaching job because of his father in law period. How hard is it to see that white collar people are born on 3rd base & don't regress? It's how the world works, which is why we can't evolve beyond our greed. WTS I love Zach's way of coaching. Not a fan of his play calling though.

You realize they send in three plays and Joe picks the one he wants, right? So really, you don't like Joe Burrow's play calling.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 11:10 AM)Synric Wrote: Zac mentions that everyone likes Joe Burrow because he is genuine and you can just tell. Its also one of the reasons I like Zac Taylor he just seems like a genuine guy what you see is what you get.

Yup, and I think that's a large part of why his players like him.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 11:32 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: With a better OL finally I think you’ll like it much better this year. I learned Zac has different offensive assistants assigned to certain situations. Third and long, short yardage, goal line, Redzone etc. He’ll often say what you got? Then sometimes they give Joe the decision. Zac may not ask if he’s got one himself he feels solid with. But almost always Joe gets 2 plays. But they are based on his look.

I was watching some highlights earlier in the week, and it was either Al Michaels or Collinsworth that was mentioning Joe often had three plays to work with. It was during the Baltimore playoff game I think....and they noticed Joe called almost every play at the line of scrimmage. 

I think two things will make this offense better this year, the OL, and the continued growth of Joe Burrow and a complete off-season.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 12:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: You realize they send in three plays and Joe picks the one he wants, right? So really, you don't like Joe Burrow's play calling.

You are correct, Joe calls plays when he gets to the line and reads the defense. If it's on every play, IDK. What I like about Zac is, he isn't entrenched in it's his way and only his way. He isn't afraid to adjust plays during the game.  
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 01:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You are correct, Joe calls plays when he gets to the line and reads the defense. If it's on every play, IDK. What I like about Zac is, he isn't entrenched in it's his way and only his way. He isn't afraid to adjust plays during the game.  

Yes, it parallels real life in a lot of instances. Good management listens to its workers. If someone has a better idea on how to get a task accomplished, you use it. It not only gets things done more efficiently, it empowers the workers and gives more incentive to get the task accomplished. They take ownership of it. Same goes for a sports team. It's just plain smart.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 01:36 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yes, it parallels real life in a lot of instances. Good management listens to its workers. If someone has a better idea on how to get a task accomplished, you use it. It not only gets things done more efficiently, it empowers the workers and gives more incentive to get the task accomplished. They take ownership of it. Same goes for a sports team. It's just plain smart.

My BIL was the #2 co-man at the most successful company in the world the last 2 decades of the 20th century. He said we’ve got 1000 brilliant minds working here. We beg them to prove us wrong on what we are doing then praise and honor them when they succeed. He said any leader if their Mgt. team doesn’t ever disagree or allowed to or are scared to then success is stymied. And along those lines looks like Mike Brown is listening to his family.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 12:55 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I was watching some highlights earlier in the week, and it was either Al Michaels or Collinsworth that was mentioning Joe often had three plays to work with. It was during the Baltimore playoff game I think....and they noticed Joe called almost every play at the line of scrimmage. 

I think two things will make this offense better this year, the OL, and the continued growth of Joe Burrow and a complete off-season.

Some have the opinion that KC has the Midas touch on crafting a roster payroll wise. Letting Tyreek go is their reference and say keeping Tee isn’t smart. Well I’ve said on here before we lost last second on a FG to KC after an uncharacteristic punt return and personal foul. If we win that game aren’t the KC fans saying we’ve got the Midas touch after beating them 4 straight? As your post mentions Joe’s growth I think part of that is his chemistry with Chase, Tyler, and Tee. I really think a much improved OL is going to make this offense really take off.

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/e9kdGu7Jhug

Reply/Quote
Obviously, Zac is a good coach.  He has made a lot more good decisions than bad.  

Tom Brady made Bill Belichick a great coach.  Joe Burrow makes Zac a very good coach.  If Andy Dalton was still our quarterback, Zac would only be an average coach.

In a couple of years after Burrow gets paid and some of the good talent becomes unaffordable, we will be able to fairly assess Zac’s abilities.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 07:32 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Obviously, Zac is a good coach.  He has made a lot more good decisions than bad.  

Tom Brady made Bill Belichick a great coach.  Joe Burrow makes Zac a very good coach.  If Andy Dalton was still our quarterback, Zac would only be an average coach.

In a couple of years after Burrow gets paid and some of the good talent becomes unaffordable, we will be able to fairly assess Zac’s abilities.

And to add one will Russell Wilson make Sean Payton one as did Drew Brees? Nick Saban couldn’t get it done at Miami without one. The list is a long one but Joe’s recent comments about Zac seems to point that he thinks he’s great. So that’s important certainly in the scheme of things.

Reply/Quote
Really like Zac’s take on football, and team building in general. I feel like he has a great handle on what positions have what value in 2023 and he sticks to his guns. Being so young that takes a lot of confidence and knowledge..

I was dudes biggest hater but Iv warmed up completely. Some of his worst calls ever, i will admit could have worked with better execution.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 09:25 PM)Housh Wrote: Really like Zac’s take on football, and team building in general. I feel like he has a great handle on what positions have what value in 2023 and he sticks to his guns. Being so young that takes a lot of confidence and knowledge..

I was dudes biggest hater but Iv warmed up completely. Some of his worst calls ever, i will admit could have worked with better execution.

I felt like this was especially true during Joe's first year before the injury. I would see a play developing, only to be blown up by some free rusher or just plain ol poor blocking. You could even see glimpses in year one. The one that really kinda surprised me was Lou. The personnel was evidently so ill equipped for his scheme, it was hard to tell what they were trying to accomplish.

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: I felt like this was especially true during Joe's first year before the injury. I would see a play developing, only to be blown up by some free rusher or just plain ol poor blocking. You could even see glimpses in year one. The one that really kinda surprised me was Lou. The personnel was evidently so ill equipped for his scheme, it was hard to tell what they were trying to accomplish.

Just think where we would be if they FO had listened to 90% of the couch GMs on here..... 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2023, 12:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just think where we would be if they FO had listened to 90% of the couch GMs on here..... 

Big facts

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 03:03 AM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: He got a his 1st coaching job because of his father in law period. How hard is it to see that white collar people are born on 3rd base & don't regress? It's how the world works, which is why we can't evolve beyond our greed. WTS I love Zach's way of coaching. Not a fan of his play calling though.

In the corporate world, an imbecile can get a high position through nepotism, and be put in a corner office and told to touch nothing, just put your feet up and cash your check. In the coaching world, you have to produce. Zac may have gotten his foot in the door because of nepotism, a lot of coaches do  (Zim's son, Reids son, etc), but if they can't produce they are quickly shown the door. It is what it is. 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: In the corporate world, an imbecile can get a high position through nepotism, and be put in a corner office and told to touch nothing, just put your feet up and cash your check. In the coaching world, you have to produce. Zac may have gotten his foot in the door because of nepotism, a lot of coaches do  (Zim's son, Reids son, etc), but if they can't produce they are quickly shown the door. It is what it is. 

This. I don't have stats to back up what I'm going to say, but I think that most assistant coaches end up being forgotten in a few years. Nearly every football team has multiple coaching positions that work together, with NFL teams averaging 15 assistant coaches. To think that Zac was one of these assistant coaches living in the shadow some time ago and now he has finally completed the turn around and made the Bengals a SB contender. 
Reply/Quote