Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good News Steeler's Fans
(01-15-2018, 03:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, to me that is more of the stars making plays work than "good calls".

I don't think anyone except Haley and Tomlin thought a stretch run to the short side of the field on 4th and inches was a good idea.

The 4th down pass to JuJu was at least close but you need A yard...not 20.  You need to keep the other offense off the field because your defense stinks.

Even on the TD plays they didn't NEED to go for the end zone.  And on the first AB TD Jesse James was wide open and Ben forced it into coverage.

That's poor coaching/play calling in my book.

But Tomlin will get very little flack because "he wins".  Whatever

He gets a lot of flack even though "he wins" and he won a NFL Championship.  Mellow

Cowher is considered a hero even though "he won" ONLY one NFL Championship.  Hmm

Another coach in Ohio gets a lot of flack even though "he used" to win.  Rolleyes  
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:34 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: He gets a lot of flack even though "he wins" and he won a NFL Championship.  Mellow

Cowher is considered a hero even though "he won" ONLY one NFL Championship.  Hmm

Another coach in Ohio gets a lot of flack even though "he used" to win.  Rolleyes  

Cowher is the same as Tomlin. 

I cite Marvin Lewis "winning" when I'm told I can't say anything about Tomlin.

Three losing seasons in his first 12 years WITHOUT a HOF QB and defensive all-pros.  But he "won".

And nothing will change next season with Tomlin.  Nothing.  Never will.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cowher is the same as Tomlin. 

I cite Marvin Lewis "winning" when I'm told I can't say anything about Tomlin.

Three losing seasons in his first 12 years WITHOUT a HOF QB and defensive all-pros.  But he "won".

And nothing will change next season with Tomlin.  Nothing.  Never will.

Is Haley coming back? I read Ben and him were at odds. It was strange news to me as Ben has been better under Todd than other OC's. The other questions becomes do they give Porter and Butler a pass for giving up 38 points while your team scored 42.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is Haley coming back? I read Ben and him were at odds. It was strange news to me as Ben has been better under Todd than other OC's.

I hope not.

Ben got better because he got more mature.  How much Haley's "play calling" had to do with that I can't say.

Haley wants to be a head coach again.  He's sure he is smarter than everyone else and often outsmarts himself.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: I hope not.

Ben got better because he got more mature.  How much Haley's "play calling" had to do with that I can't say.

Haley wants to be a head coach again.  He's sure he is smarter than everyone else and often outsmarts himself.

He also got better with the emergence of Antonia Brown, Ben just throws to him covered all day long and the guy steals catches.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He also got better with the emergence of Antonia Brown, Ben just throws to him covered all day long and the guy steals catches.

No doubt that an all star WR makes a QB better too.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:58 PM)GodFather Wrote:

I've seen a couple of this guys videos. (I'm assuming based on his voice)  I don't actually knowm anything about him though.  Is he a verified Steelers fan?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:58 PM)GodFather Wrote:

LOL. Better than Pittsburgh Dad. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 04:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've seen a couple of this guys videos. (I'm assuming based on his voice)  I don't actually knowm anything about him though.  Is he a verified Steelers fan?  

I don't know, I stay away anything Pittsburgh other than watch them after they play the Patriots or lose in playoffs and see all that cockiness in the players and fans dissipate!  LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 03:01 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: They scored TD's when he went for it on fourth downs.

The 4th and short plays they lost possessions. 

TD's >> lost possessions

We lost the game by 3 points. The first failed 4th down attempt was basically a chip shot field goal and the Jags took that turnover on downs the other way for 7. 10 points swing and put the Steelers down 21-0.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 06:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: We lost the game by 3 points. The first failed 4th down attempt was basically a chip shot field goal and the Jags took that turnover on downs the other way for 7. 10 points swing and put the Steelers down 21-0.

The better team won yesterday, just accept that. Besides, there is no use crying over spilled milk, junior.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 06:27 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The better team won yesterday, just accept that. Besides, there is no use crying over spilled milk, junior.

Thanks for trying to contribute to the discussion.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 06:27 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The better team won yesterday, just accept that. Besides, there is no use crying over spilled milk, junior.

Give up 45 points, 38 by defense to a mediocre offense is recipe to lose. Even home field could not help a defense who has no idea how to tackle properly.

Better team did win yesterday, Steeler's did save themselves embarrassment of Brady carving them up again.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 06:39 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Thanks for trying to contribute to the discussion.

You’re welcome, I’m always loitering just looking for an opportunity to contribute. Glad y’all were gracious enough to let me tell you how it is. Hope it helped you to understand you should drop your lame argument. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 04:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I've seen a couple of this guys videos. (I'm assuming based on his voice)  I don't actually knowm anything about him though.  Is he a verified Steelers fan?  
He sounds like he is.

The Steelers in general and Tomlin specifically are being worked over pretty good today everywhere you look.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Maybe the Steelers were suffering from a bit of hubris. A little too full of themselves. They fancy themselves the Raiders of the 70's. Buncha characters talking shit, strutting the tough guy bit. And, naturally, the self destructiveness that goes with it. They tell people how tight the team is but it doesn't seem that way from the outside looking in.

They rely on intimidation and the teams that beat them are the ones who aren't fazed by it. And epic comebacks usually need some self inflicted damage from the team with the big lead but the Jags didn't oblige. This is why the Steelers have come back and beaten the Bengals so many times. The Bengals always oblige.

They may have some soul searching to do. I hope they don't change a thing personally, hope they keep charging down this road.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 06:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: We lost the game by 3 points. The first failed 4th down attempt was basically a chip shot field goal and the Jags took that turnover on downs the other way for 7. 10 points swing and put the Steelers down 21-0.

As I said earlier your stanky defense lost it for you.

Seriously, 38 defensive points to that offense Sick   
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote