Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Good Night Irene
(08-17-2018, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So they are showing disrespect to the nation, for which, it stands.

If you consider anyone saying we have problems in the United States as being "disrespectful" then yes.

Do you think there are any problems in our country today, Bfine?
(08-15-2018, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Consciously choosing to not show respect during the Anthem and suggesting you are doing it for good is like like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

When Trump was talking about how many problems this country has all through his campaign do you think he was doing it for good reasons?
(08-16-2018, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are free to believe that not standing for the National Anthem we told to is not disrespectful. personally, I cannot conceptualize the mentality; but apparently, that's just me.

I can't conceptualize the size of the ego of a vet who thinks whenever he hears the national anthem "This is about me, not the country.  All these people are standing up just for me."
(08-17-2018, 05:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you consider anyone saying we have problems in the United States as being "disrespectful" then yes.

Do you think there are any problems in our country today, Bfine?
Sure there are problems in the country today
(08-17-2018, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When Trump was talking about how many problems this country has all through his campaign do you think he was doing it for good reasons?
He was doing it for votes
(08-17-2018, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't conceptualize the size of the ego of a vet who thinks whenever he hears the national anthem "This is about me, not the country.  All these people are standing up just for me."
I don't think too many vets thin they are "standing up for me". I personally think they are standing up for those who cannot be there. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-17-2018, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure there are problems in the country today

Are you being disrespectful when you say that?

(08-17-2018, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was doing it for votes

But was he being disrespectful to veterans?

(08-17-2018, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think too many vets thin they are "standing up for me". I personally think they are standing up for those who cannot be there. 

Then why are they crying ab out being disrespected?

And I still can't conceive of the ego of a vet who thinks the flag only represents veterans instead of our country.  Veterans don't own the flag.  It was not designed to represent them.  It was designed to represent the entire country.
(08-17-2018, 06:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1) Are you being disrespectful when you say that?

2) But was he being disrespectful to veterans?

3) Then why are they crying ab out being disrespected?

And I still can't conceive of the ego of a vet who thinks the flag only represents veterans instead of our country.  Veterans don't own the flag.  It was not designed to represent them.  It was designed to represent the entire country.
1) Nope

2) I've made my views known on many of Trump's quotes concerning Vets such as McCain......but lean close, let me whisper this in your ear. It's not about Donald Trump...

3. Once again, link to any veteran suggesting the flag only represents them. Also, not sure whose crying, just letting it be known that it's disrespectful and many feel you are disrespecting those that gave their lives so you can kneel. 

Whenever this topic comes up I'm reminded of this meme:

[Image: a467e401c8f31185960969cd6ee4c3a1.jpg]

(08-17-2018, 04:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, it was to refute the fact that you point to the act simply because you cannot dispute the cause. Sorry about failing horrendously; keep focusing on the trees.

So I am compelled to accept a nonsensical argument from you and am not allowed to dismiss it? This reminds me of a week ago when you said that we had to accept Trump's argument that you have to show your ID when you go to the grocery store in his attempts to defend a nonsensical argument.

You're saying I am focusing on the trees and not the forest, but your trees are palm trees, far away from the forest.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-17-2018, 09:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So I am compelled to accept a nonsensical argument from you and am not allowed to dismiss it? This reminds me of a week ago when you said that we had to accept Trump's argument that you have to show your ID when you go to the grocery store in his attempts to defend a nonsensical argument.

You're saying I am focusing on the trees and not the forest, but your trees are palm trees, far away from the forest.

You are not compelled to accept anything and can ridicule what ever you want. The analogy was clearly explained, It was to refute a "sensical" assertion that one only disagrees with the act because one cannot disagree with the cause. I clearly (at least I thought) explained that in post 118.

As to your introducing argument from other threads; that's pretty much something you have patented; but it seldom leads to constructive dialog in the current thread. Why not leave those discussions in those threads? 

I can only assume that last line made sense to you. 

(08-17-2018, 04:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess using the word peepee was sorta like saying squirrel!! to a dog.

The point was not the genitalia (although you are the only one to focus on it). The point was Fred says you are forced to disagree with the act (read kneeling=exposure (changed to picking nose well because..)) because you cannot disagree with the cause (police inequality=crushed ice).

When in fact you can disagree with the act while agreeing the cause has merit...

DAMN, that was like pulling teeth......Note to bfine; don't use the word peepee again.

'k but this was about picking his nose...not his weiner...so that's on you.

Nonetheless...it's not "disrespectful".  You just disagree with it.

Thanks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-17-2018, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1) Nope

So why is it disrespectful for player to say we have problems in this country but not disrespectful when you say it?
(08-17-2018, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2) I've made my views known on many of Trump's quotes concerning Vets such as McCain......but lean close, let me whisper this in your ear. It's not about Donald Trump...

Actually I think the whole issue was dying down before Trump jumped in and started throwing gas on the fire.  He was the one who made himself a big part of this issue, not me.
(08-17-2018, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3. Once again, link to any veteran suggesting the flag only represents them.

Every vet who claims that disrespecting the flag is insulting them instead of commenting on the country.

If you have not heard any of these claims then I can provide about a hundred links.  But I think you have.
(08-20-2018, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every vet who claims that disrespecting the flag is insulting them instead of commenting on the country.

If you have not heard any of these claims then I can provide about a hundred links.  But I think you have.

Are Soldiers/Marines/Sailors/Airmen not part of the country? Did their service not help make (and maintain) this a country?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(08-17-2018, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You are not compelled to accept anything and can ridicule what ever you want. The analogy was clearly explained, It was to refute a "sensical" assertion that one only disagrees with the act because one cannot disagree with the cause. I clearly (at least I thought) explained that in post 118.

As to your introducing argument from other threads; that's pretty much something you have patented; but it seldom leads to constructive dialog in the current thread. Why not leave those discussions in those threads? 

Most people are going to ridicule a comparison between kneeling and exposing genitals. It lacked any basis for which a constructive dialogue could even exist. You went into the realm of the absurd and you defended it repeatedly by telling me that I am focusing on the trees rather than the forest, presumably because that made sense to you. 

(08-21-2018, 12:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Are Soldiers/Marines/Sailors/Airmen not part of the country? Did their service not help make (and maintain) this a country?

Teachers are part of this country. So are tax collectors. They all help maintain it, but no one suggests that kneeling during the anthem insults them. 

(08-17-2018, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You are not compelled to accept anything and can ridicule what ever you want. The analogy was clearly explained, It was to refute a "sensical" assertion that one only disagrees with the act because one cannot disagree with the cause. I clearly (at least I thought) explained that in post 118.

(08-21-2018, 09:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Most people are going to ridicule a comparison between kneeling and exposing genitals. It lacked any basis for which a constructive dialogue could even exist. You went into the realm of the absurd and you defended it repeatedly by telling me that I am focusing on the trees rather than the forest, presumably because that made sense to you. 

"I didn't say that"...classic.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-20-2018, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why is it disrespectful for player to say we have problems in this country but not disrespectful when you say it?

It's the world we live in.

The media and people in general are numb to the hypocrisy so they can get away with it, but it's all lame to me.

I don't think people should be able to claim Pro America - while siding with Putin for attacking America. But they do.

I don't think people should attack people as anti Police/Authority/Law Enforcement for kneeling - while attacking our law enforcing agencies every day on social media.

I don't think people should get away with claiming to be pro Vets - while attacking our Vets like Comey, Mueller, McCain etc daily.

I don't see how people can chant lock her up for private server usage - While Trump and the whole Trump administration uses private servers and cell phones.

The hypocrisy goes on and on in this era of Trump.

That's why you see (when confronted with these things) those swearing they don't agree with the guy and didn't vote for him even though they did.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-21-2018, 12:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Are Soldiers/Marines/Sailors/Airmen not part of the country? Did their service not help make (and maintain) this a country?

1.  There are millions of other people who helped make and maintain this country.  So why is disrespecting the flag just disrespecting military?

2.   If anyone saying anything bad about the country is disrespectful to the military then they should be ripping Trump a big one.  But instead the ones who feel disrespected seem to be on his side?  How does that make any sense?
(08-21-2018, 01:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  There are millions of other people who helped make and maintain this country.  So why is disrespecting the flag just disrespecting military?

2.   If anyone saying anything bad about the country is disrespectful to the military then they should be ripping Trump a big one.  But instead the ones who feel disrespected seem to be on his side?  How does that make any sense?

1. How many of those millions willingly and realisticly put their lives on the line for this country? But, more importantly, when did we start talking about the flag? Seriously. I don't feel like going back but when did we switch from talking about what constitutes disrepcting the anthem to disrespecting the flag?

2. I don't think anyone has said (and again, I don't feel like going back so feel free to correct me and I know you will) that saying anything bad about the country equals disrespect to the country, the military, the flag, and/or the anthem. I think the issue is that some people view certain actions as disrepectful whether intentional or not.
(08-21-2018, 01:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 1. How many of those millions willingly and realisticly put their lives on the line for this country? But, more importantly, when did we start talking about the flag? Seriously. I don't feel like going back but when did we switch from talking about what constitutes disrepcting the anthem to disrespecting the flag?

The disrespect to the flag and the anthem are the same issue.  Vets claim that any disrespect to the flag is disrespect to them because the flag represents them instead of all Americans.