33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Question
From Lance:

Vote: Do you feel better about the Reds through 81 games (34-47) than you did a year ago at the midway point of the season (35-46)?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'd say about the same.
Reply/Quote
Yes, I do. After that horrible start, and change in manager, they've shown the will to at least not give up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Slightly

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think the Reds are trending upward now. Pitching is still an issue, but the position players are better.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Reds were like 1-16 in games when Homer or Finnegan started. Hopefully they learned something.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2018, 06:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, I do.  After that horrible start, and change in manager, they've shown the will to at least not give up.

Yup,

It's essentially the same players but at least they finally changed managers and seem to be playing with more heart and desire.

Question now really is will the ownership and GM do what it takes to build a truly competitive team ?
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 07:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup,

It's essentially the same players but at least they finally changed managers and seem to be playing with more heart and desire.

Question now really is will the ownership and GM do what it takes to build a truly competitive team ?

I've posed that question in another Reds thread.  Imo, it seems like the Reds have enough scoring power and defense on the field to hang with most any team in the league.  Their glaring weakness is starting pitching.  Do you feel like they have enough prospect power in the pipeline to deal for a starter they can rely on, without having to give up anyone on the current lineup?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Damn! 12-3 Those guys haven't given up. Time for Management to go get us a solid starter.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 07:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup,

Last year the Astro’s did it, trading for Verlander. The team would need to make a move like that to be serious.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2018, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've posed that question in another Reds thread.  Imo, it seems like the Reds have enough scoring power and defense on the field to hang with most any team in the league.  Their glaring weakness is starting pitching.  Do you feel like they have enough prospect power in the pipeline to deal for a starter they can rely on, without having to give up anyone on the current lineup?

That's the $64 question ?

If they have to give up current position players to do it, it kinda defeats the purpose, in the short term anyways. Could they package B. Hamilton and a couple prospects ?

The fact is though at some point they have to stop talking about rebuilding and actually start rebuilding ! They have to go get a true ace somewhere. sometime.  

I could see a true #1 starter and Harvey, Descalfani and Mahle forming a decent 3, 4, and 5 pitching staff. Can Garrett be moved up to starter to complete the rotation ?

They've basically been "rebuilding" for 4 years now. It's time ! They're not making the world series or nothing this season but if they expect to do anything next year they gotta do some moving and shaking - now !
Reply/Quote
Who predicted we would have a pitcher hit 3 home runs and a grand slam in the same week ?  C'mon. You know you want to take credit for predicting it..  That alone makes this season better ..  The guy who was supposed to steal a gazillion bases can barely get on base , but a relief pitcher hitting like Babe Ruth suddenly.. I think that qualifies as slightly more amazing than Billy Hamilton . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I am more optimistic at this point in time with the Reds. The odds are they will flip Harvey for a younger arm before trade deadline. There is a good possibility they trade their closer for a couple prospects from Houston or the Red Sox. I think the Reds will be contenders in 2020. They still need to overcome the horrible contract with Bailey and get an Ace and Position 2 pitchers.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote