Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Read
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/trumps-repeal-of-anti-corruption-measure-proves-hes-a-fake-w467240

I am not sure there is a better journalist out there than Matt Taibbi.

In this article, which is hardly researched, poorly written, and almost incomprehensible (or at least that is how some will see it) he takes a closer look at a how Washington works (or doesn't, as he notes).

I enjoyed his analysis.

Any other Taibbi fans?

Did you think he explained the issue thoroughly and clearly?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(02-16-2017, 08:46 PM)xxlt Wrote: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/trumps-repeal-of-anti-corruption-measure-proves-hes-a-fake-w467240

I am not sure there is a better journalist out there than Matt Taibbi.

In this article, which is hardly researched, poorly written, and almost incomprehensible (or at least that is how some will see it) he takes a closer look at a how Washington works (or doesn't, as he notes).

I enjoyed his analysis.

Any other Taibbi fans?

Did you think he explained the issue thoroughly and clearly?

Not familiar with the author, but I got as far as the subtitle, "The man who ran as an outsider and champion of the common man plays the stooge for industry."

Donald isn't the stooge for industry. Donald is industry. Removing regulations serves his own self-interests. I was concerned about this happening during the election cycle and I'm sad to see it happening.

It seems to me there was a time when the middle class mattered to industry. A time when America was great. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. Say no more, say no more. But, then the Greed is Good generation in their pursuit to maximize profits became beholden to their shareholders rather than the middle class who are the backbone of their corporations. So rather than pay pensions, benefits, or even a decent wage they chipped away at them little by little. Until they couldn't squeeze any more blood out of the American stone on the altar of the Almighty Dollar so they sent the jobs overseas or created the jobs overseas or imported cheaper foreign workers. The death throes of regulation sure as shit isn't going to help the middle class, but rather the shareholders. Again.  Let's make America(n shareholders) Great Richer Again.
(02-17-2017, 02:49 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Not familiar with the author, but I got as far as the subtitle, "The man who ran as an outsider and champion of the common man plays the stooge for industry."

Donald isn't the stooge for industry. Donald is industry. Removing regulations serves his own self-interests. I was concerned about this happening during the election cycle and I'm sad to see it happening.

It seems to me there was a time when the middle class mattered to industry. A time when America was great. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. Say no more, say no more. But, then the Greed is Good generation in their pursuit to maximize profits became beholden to their shareholders rather than the middle class who are the backbone of their corporations. So rather than pay pensions, benefits, or even a decent wage they chipped away at them little by little. Until they couldn't squeeze any more blood out of the American stone on the altar of the Almighty Dollar so they sent the jobs overseas or created the jobs overseas or imported cheaper foreign workers. The death throes of regulation sure as shit isn't going to help the middle class, but rather the shareholders. Again.  Let's make America(n shareholders) Great Richer Again.

Flawless assessment. That said, I think you would have enjoyed the article. Saying Trump "plays the stooge for himself et al" may have been confusing, lol, but you have a point.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(02-17-2017, 08:05 AM)xxlt Wrote: Flawless assessment. That said, I think you would have enjoyed the article. Saying Trump "plays the stooge for himself et al" may have been confusing, lol, but you have a point.

Listening to Trump court the middle class reminds me of the guy at the bar who is completely full of shit who will say anything to sleep with the dumb blonde . . . and the dumb blonde buys it!
(02-17-2017, 10:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Listening to Trump court the middle class reminds me of the guy at the bar who is completely full of shit who will say anything to sleep with the dumb blonde . . . and the dumb blonde buys it!

Hook, line, and sinker. Then she wakes up gutted, or if she's lucky just with crabs. And she blames the busboy or the piano player or the server. #usa!