Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Test For O-Line Thursday
(08-05-2018, 04:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I will not be one of those guys that bashes you for this opinion. I still like to believe there is no favoritism in football, but my gut tells me different. Just another battle between mind and soul to be added to the list of millions I think about. At 51 yrs old, I've learned nothing is black and white as I like to make it and people lie, cheat and hurt people everyday. Why can't it happen in the NFL. Plus I'm a Bengal's fan. Shit I've seen towards this organization is puzzling. I feel we've been robbed on quite a few occasions. But then, there's usually legitimate arguments to calm my mind down and deal with it.

WTS, I still want revenge on the Steelers every game we play them. 2015 was horrible. I think about this often (no, not often enough to need counseling, but very close). The JuJu hit on Burfict? OMG! I want revenge so bad! Yet, the revenge I want would cause prison terms so I have to realize it wont happen.

I don't want the Steelers to win another game in their entire history going forwards. I don't care if it helps us into the playoffs or any other scenario. I want then to lose, again and again, over and over, forever.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 07:03 PM)SladeX Wrote: I don't want the Steelers to win another game in their entire history going forwards. I don't care if it helps us into the playoffs or any other scenario. I want then to lose, again and again, over and over, forever.

Hey man, i like you. Cool

Steelers do need to lose forever and ever and ever and ever.....

While the Bengals just win Superbowlz, all of them.

We don't take no shit from no pizz towels. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 06:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: That game just reinforced my feeling that Lamar Jackson is Terrell Pryor II.

Disagree but only time will tell

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Price is a rookie who we expect to start.

He needs a TON of snaps. At least a full half. I'd like to see three quarters.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 01:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: To be honest, I think this is a new rule that will haunt some Bengals and could end up causing suspensions, that, if, by chance, this team gets some wind in their sail, it will take it right out. It's going to be a nightmare and I think it will be called on 'anything in the vicinity' type stuff.

Let's see how consistent this is called.  (Will media's favorites [Pitt, NE, GB, and Dallas] get called out the same??).  That's another thing the refs can 'choose' to control the tempo of the games with, just like the holding calls in the trenches!

Apparently George Iloka agrees with you. Just read the article by Hobby that George says' he's afraid that will make the refs decide the outcomes of some games, if the y can't call it consistantly across the board..... Makes you wonder which team he is referring to.....
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 03:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Apparently George Iloka agrees with you. Just read the article by Hobby that George says' he's afraid that will make the refs decide the outcomes of some games, if the y can't call it consistantly across the board..... Makes you wonder which team he is referring to.....

Yeah, hope he just doesn't play too tentative cause of it.

I think all players on both sides will be affected by this and not in a good way.

Oh yeah, and we know which team George is referring to...
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 03:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Apparently George Iloka agrees with you. Just read the article by Hobby that George says' he's afraid that will make the refs decide the outcomes of some games, if the y can't call it consistantly across the board..... Makes you wonder which team he is referring to.....

One thing will stand out and I hope the NFL see's this, the blatant use of these penalties to make the Bengals lose will not go unnoticed from fans and media. If it happens, like all the help our players had with the 2015 meltdown from the refs (yes, our players are responsible, but the refs didn't penalize equally and both teams should have been penalized equally and offsetting) it's quite clear there is nothing our FO can do, our coaches or players can do, to win a SB.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 01:55 PM)Sweetness Wrote: So you want the #1 offense in the entire league. No pressure lol Those are some lofty goals man.

if the O-LINE  is in fact, improved....
then these #'s are reachable....
but....

Glenn HAS TO stay healthy....
Price HAS TO BE an improvement over Bodine...
whoever plays at RT & RG HAVE TO HOLD THERE OWN.... no weak links...
that's 4 MAJOR "if's"....

next Thursday we will get a look...see how they do vs. da Bears.... :tumbleweed:
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 07:31 PM)Steve Wrote: if the O-LINE  is in fact, improved....
then these #'s are reachable....
but....

Glenn HAS TO stay healthy....
Price HAS TO BE an improvement over Bodine...
whoever plays at RT & RG HAVE TO HOLD THERE OWN.... no weak links...
that's 4 MAJOR "if's"....

next Thursday we will get a look...see how they do vs. da Bears.... :tumbleweed:

I mean I get what you're saying but the numbers posted would literally be having us go from the #32 offense to the #1 offense. Dont you think that's a little unrealistic? I think we should definitely improve quite a bit but to think that kind of jump should be the expectation is setting yourself to be disappointed. 
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 01:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: To be honest, I think this is a new rule that will haunt some Bengals and could end up causing suspensions, that, if, by chance, this team gets some wind in their sail, it will take it right out. It's going to be a nightmare and I think it will be called on 'anything in the vicinity' type stuff.

Let's see how consistent this is called.  (Will media's favorites [Pitt, NE, GB, and Dallas] get called out the same??).  That's another thing the refs can 'choose' to control the tempo of the games with, just like the holding calls in the trenches!

It’s straight up awful. The moment I saw that first flag I also saw at least one game against Pittsburgh end up as an L. The safeties hit hard. Just the visual of a good hard CLEAN shot will get them flagged. Watch.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 08:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey man, i like you. Cool

Steelers do need to lose forever and ever and ever and ever.....

While the Bengals just win Superbowlz, all of them.

We don't take no shit from no pizz towels. Mellow

And ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and.... Well crap.. "and ever's" are being rationed.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 04:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I will not be one of those guys that bashes you for this opinion. I still like to believe there is no favoritism in football, but my gut tells me different. Just another battle between mind and soul to be added to the list of millions I think about. At 51 yrs old, I've learned nothing is black and white as I like to make it and people lie, cheat and hurt people everyday. Why can't it happen in the NFL. Plus I'm a Bengal's fan. Shit I've seen towards this organization is puzzling. I feel we've been robbed on quite a few occasions. But then, there's usually legitimate arguments to calm my mind down and deal with it.

WTS, I still want revenge on the Steelers every game we play them. 2015 was horrible. I think about this often (no, not often enough to need counseling, but very close). The JuJu hit on Burfict? OMG! I want revenge so bad! Yet, the revenge I want would cause prison terms so I have to realize it wont happen.

No one will ever convince me there is not referee favoritism, bias, or just flat out calls from NY telling them who to let win, until they can explain to me why Adam Jones gets flagged in a playoff game for going after Joey Porter for being in the Bengals huddle, and Joey Porter does not get an offsetting flag for being on the field, let alone in the opposing teams huddle. It's straight up BS.

As for the Ratbirds vs. Da Bears, I saw nothing about Baltimore that was all that impressive (yeah, I know it was 1st preseason game) 
Reply/Quote
We need to invest in back ups more for our O-line. The nature of the beast says there WILL be injuries. Gotta step up and fill the gap.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 10:53 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: We need to invest in back ups more for our O-line. The nature of the beast says there WILL be injuries. Gotta step up and fill the gap.

We need 5 guys that prove they can start first.

I am still confused on why another O-Lineman was not taken in the 3rd round of this year's draft instead of Hubbard or Jefferson.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: No one will ever convince me there is not referee favoritism, bias, or just flat out calls from NY telling them who to let win, until they can explain to me why Adam Jones gets flagged in a playoff game for going after Joey Porter for being in the Bengals huddle, and Joey Porter does not get an offsetting flag for being on the field, let alone in the opposing teams huddle. It's straight up BS.

As for the Ratbirds vs. Da Bears, I saw nothing about Baltimore that was all that impressive (yeah, I know it was 1st preseason game) 

Another post i completely agree with Slet, good stuff.

(08-07-2018, 11:01 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: We need 5 guys that prove they can start first.

I am still confused on why another O-Lineman was not taken in the 3rd round of this year's draft instead of Hubbard or Jefferson.

Because Hubbard and Jefferson were steals in the 3rd round and Pollack must of seen something he could coach
up at RT. I thought we should of went with a OT in the 4th but Walton could be a great pick, we will see on this
if this is a mistake or not. But Hubbard is making noise and Jefferson just might be our next great Linebacker.

Malik Jefferson has first round talent.
Reply/Quote