Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Work
Nice job to whoever in the FO who put up a fight for the 3rd round comp pick correction.

It wasn't a given.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-beane-bills-got-a-raw-deal-not-receiving-a-third-round-compensatory-pick
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Good work indeed, especially since most fans had written off the possibility of a 3rd due to the team signing OB Jr.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Interesting that Brandon Beane brought up void years in contracts in reference to the comp pick formula. As for the Bengals I think the league forgot to factor in Jessie Bates All-Pro award.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The key is we have to have a great draft. We have 10 picks including 2 third round picks. We don't have 10 roster spots open. I hope we go for quality versus quantity by moving up to get players who will not only push starters in 2024 but become starters in the future to offset vet cap salaries in the future.

If we do trade Tee, we have to hit in the draft at WR2, OT, CB and DT.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I feel like we have 10 roster spots

2wr
2dt
rb
ot
og
c
cb
te

Reply/Quote
Yes, good job pushing for that pick, could be huge in the big picture. I actually agree with Luvnit here about going quality over
quantity in this Draft as we are only a few players away in my opinion. If we can trade Tee for an early 2nd round pick and then
trade up to select quality players at OT, NT, WR, TE, RB etc we should do it this Draft. There are some damn good players at these
positions of need in this one.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 02:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The key is we have to have a great draft. We have 10 picks including 2 third round picks. We don't have 10 roster spots open. I hope we go for quality versus quantity by moving up to get players who will not only push starters in 2024 but become starters in the future to offset vet cap salaries in the future.

We easily have 10 spots open or filled with guys who can be easily upgraded. 

Roster locks: Starters (22). 

Burrow, Moss, Chase, Higgins, O. Brown, T. Brown, Cappa, Volson, Karras; Hendrickson, Hubbard, BJ Hill, Rankins, Wilson, Pratt, CTB, Turner, Hilton, Battle, Stone; McPherson, Adomitis. 

Roster locks: Maybe starter/Reserves (15):  

Browning, C. Brown, Irwin, Iosivas, C. Jones, Gesicki, D. Sample, Hudson, Ford; Murphy, C. Sample, Ossai, ADG, Bell, D. Hill. 

That's 37. 16 spots left. 

Signed, but upgradeable/injured/iffy (13):

T. Williams, Evans, Carman, D. Smith, T. Hill; Carter, Tufele, Bell, Harper, Ivey (inj), J. Davis, Anderson (inj); Robbins. 

Take the 6 most likely out of that group (T. Williams, Carter, Ivey, Anderson, T. Hill, + 1 of Carman/D. Smith), and that leaves you 7 iffy (Evans, Tufele, Bell, Harper  J. Davis, Robbins, + 1 of Carman D. Smith) and 10 open spots. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 03:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We easily have 10 spots open or filled with guys who can be easily upgraded. 

Roster locks: Starters (22). 

Burrow, Moss, Chase, Higgins, O. Brown, T. Brown, Cappa, Volson, Karras; Hendrickson, Hubbard, BJ Hill, Rankins, Wilson, Pratt, CTB, Turner, Hilton, Battle, Stone; McPherson, Adomitis. 

Roster locks: Maybe starter/Reserves (15):  

Browning, C. Brown, Irwin, Iosivas, C. Jones, Gesicki, D. Sample, Hudson, Ford; Murphy, C. Sample, Ossai, ADG, Bell, D. Hill. 

That's 37. 16 spots left. 

Signed, but upgradeable/injured/iffy (13):

T. Williams, Evans, Carman, D. Smith, T. Hill; Carter, Tufele, Bell, Harper, Ivey (inj), J. Davis, Anderson (inj); Robbins

Take the 6 most likely out of that group (T. Williams, Carter, Ivey, Anderson, T. Hill, + 1 of Carman/D. Smith), and that leaves you 7 iffy (Evans, Tufele, Bell, Harper  J. Davis, Robbins, + 1 of Carman D. Smith) and 10 open spots. 
You believe all 10 draft picks will make our roster including 2 sixth and 2 seventh round picks?
You may believe we are done in FA, I do not. I see us adding at least 2 FA's either before or after the draft.
Carman is our backup LT, so as much as he is hated in this forum, he has experience.
We have had trouble on hitting on our 1st and 2nd round picks lately, so not sure why you feel we can find 10 guys from this draft that will a part of our 53. Robbins is our punter, he is also our holder.
I am an optimist, but I don't see us replacing 10. top 53 roster spots with draft picks, that does not include all of the practice squad players you have dismissed. I would hope the PS players are being developed and are better than 4 picks we have in rounds 6 and 7.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 02:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The key is we have to have a great draft. We have 10 picks including 2 third round picks. We don't have 10 roster spots open. I hope we go for quality versus quantity by moving up to get players who will not only push starters in 2024 but become starters in the future to offset vet cap salaries in the future.

With the second third rounder essentially a 4th rounder I’d trade it to a team to improve our second round pick. I’d also pair Browning & Tee to move up at 1. We don’t need picks like Dax or anybody that can’t start this year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 03:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You believe all 10 draft picks will make our roster including 2 sixth and 2 seventh round picks?
You may believe we are done in FA, I do not. I see us adding at least 2 FA's either before or after the draft.
Carman is our backup LT, so as much as he is hated in this forum, he has experience.
We have had trouble on hitting on our 1st and 2nd round picks lately, so not sure why you feel we can find 10 guys from this draft that will a part of our 53. Robbins is our punter, he is also our holder.
I am an optimist, but I don't see us replacing 10. top 53 roster spots with draft picks, that does not include all of the practice squad players you have dismissed. I would hope the PS players are being developed and are better than 4 picks we have in rounds 6 and 7.

If they take another RT early, I'd say Trent Brown is the new backup LT (starting RT unless Orlando is injured).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2024, 03:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You believe all 10 draft picks will make our roster including 2 sixth and 2 seventh round picks?

Yeah, we need about 5 maybe 6 quality players in this Draft and hopefully to develop some guys off the PS like Maxwell the 3-tech 
who got injured last year and guy's like Ivey and such. All 10 picks won't make our roster and most definitely not all will be better 
than what we currently have, this is unrealistic from Ike here who has been pretty negative about everything lately.

I actually liked Ike's idea about trading Tee for the Giants NT straight up and there are lots of WR's in this Draft that could help us
out immediately in filling Tee's spot. Tee is oft injured on top of the 22 mil or so he would take up if he stuck around and we don't
even know if he would play hard on the Tag.
Reply/Quote
I think / hope if we pick a RT that Brown will still start. Hoping we can ease the pick in not because they aren’t developing but because Brown is playing up to his potential.

The rookie won’t sit the whole season given Browns injury history, and if they do because Brown played so well then that’s not all bad. Outside of not knowing what they have in him until 2025. We can cross that bridge when we get there if that means the RT spot was locked down this season.

We are still supposedly a good team so it’s not outrageous that our first round pick may not start. Especially at a position like the Oline that doesn’t allow for a player theoretically to rotate in for enough snaps that would justify a pick unless injury calls them into action.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 08:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think / hope if we pick a RT that Brown will still start. Hoping we can ease the pick in not because they aren’t developing but because Brown is playing up to his potential.

The rookie won’t sit the whole season given Browns injury history, and if they do because Brown played so well then that’s not all bad. Outside of not knowing what they have in him until 2025. We can cross that bridge when we get there if that means the RT spot was locked down this season.

We are still supposedly a good team so it’s not outrageous that our first round pick may not start. Especially at a position like the Oline that doesn’t allow for a player theoretically to rotate in for enough snaps that would justify a pick unless injury calls them into action.

Agree, Trent Brown should really help out our rookie RT. He didn't even blink when asked if he had a problem with us drafting a RT in the
first round. I really liked his interview, no nonsense and he just wants to focus here and he knows he is really good when he is healthy and
is one of the best swing tackles in the NFL and knows that it helps his body to play on both sides.

Wish a lot of OL had this mentality instead of just sticking to what they know like Carman.
Reply/Quote