Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor needs to employ 2 TE sets vs Falcons
Tyler Eifert and CJ Uzamoh could really imply some damage vs the Falcons LBers if used correctly.
line up 2 WR on  1 side of the field.
have the inside WR run a pattern to.occupy the CB
then have the outside WR run a deep vertical route  to bring the saftey over.
our TE would have favorable matchups all.day.
Bellicheck made a living off that years ago.
in any event the Bengals have to score in bunches in order to
have a chance at victory....
fgs arent gonna cut it...
this isnt Indy we are playing
Reply/Quote
I'm on board for 2 TEs if it keeps John Ross off the field.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 04:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm on board for 2 TEs if it keeps John Ross off the field.

John Ross is the one running the vert.  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 05:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: John Ross is the one running the vert.  Mellow

Are you playing the game with no RB then?

AJ Green is looking like he'll play, and Boyd has looked quite good this season. So if you're running 2 TE and you want Ross on the field, you either need to take one of those two WRs out (which Green or Boyd in exchange for Uzomah is a terrible trade) or you play with no RB for most of the game, which is an iffy prospect at best.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have been running two tight end sets...they've also ran 3 TE sets.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 05:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Are you playing the game with no RB then?

AJ Green is looking like he'll play, and Boyd has looked quite good this season. So if you're running 2 TE and you want Ross on the field, you either need to take one of those two WRs out (which Green or Boyd in exchange for Uzomah is a terrible trade) or you play with no RB for most of the game, which is an iffy prospect at best.

It's not like they're going to run that formation more than 5 times. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hell, at this point I don't care what they run, as long as they can execute it effectively.

The best we can hope for is to jump out to a multiple score lead, and never take the foot off the gas.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 06:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hell, at this point I don't care what they run, as long as they can execute it effectively.

The best we can hope for is to jump out to a multiple score lead, and never take the foot off the gas.

I agree, and what better game for Ross to breakout than this one with their banged up Safeties?

I think after Boyd's great game last week the Falcons will have their attention turned to him and AJ.

Eifert and Ross could both have a great game if Ross doesn't quit on routes and he catches the damn ball.

One thing Ross needs is confidence, this is the perfect regular season game to get him some of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 06:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hell, at this point I don't care what they run, as long as they can execute it effectively.

This teams chances for winning skyrocket when we score early and often. We just have to learn how to put 4 quarters together.

(09-28-2018, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, and what better game for Ross to breakout than this one with their banged up Safeties?

I think after Boyd's great game last week the Falcons will have their attention turned to him and AJ.

Eifert and Ross could both have a great game if Ross doesn't quit on routes and he catches the damn ball.

One thing Ross needs is confidence, this is the perfect regular season game to get him some of it.

They need a couple go routes to Ross every game no matter the score, get him going !
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 08:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This teams chances for winning skyrocket when we score early and often. We just have to learn how to put 4 quarters together.

They need a couple go routes to Ross every game no matter the score, get him going !

I’m sure Ross caught a lot of hell this past week and doubtful he makes those mistakes again.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 04:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm on board for 2 TEs if it keeps John Ross off the field.

Hey now...he's still a Bengal and he wasn't the reason we lost in Carolina.  He just might be the reason we win one of these weeks.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I have attacked my fair share of Bengals on here, but let's remember this is the first game action he has seen in two years.  He will continue to knock the rust off and, hopefully, be a major contributor down the stretch.

I mean, can you imagine Ross doing even a fraction of what Tyreek Hill has done opposite AJ with Boyd and Eifert in the middle?  

Salivating.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 08:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m sure Ross caught a lot of hell this past week and doubtful he makes those mistakes again.

Yep. And I have defended Ross for the past week like crazy on here, BUT the thing is he has to be tough enough to take the discipline like a professional and go out there and play hard. If he just plays the game like he can, then we all know he has a lot of potential. 

But it's up to him. If he crumbles and doesn't build his confidence, then he could be truly a lost cause. Which really would suck, I think it would be one of the biggest Bengal draft misses I've ever seen.. especially with seeing how draft picks 10, 11, and 12 have all panned out.

We aren't there yet though. I just want the kid to play hard and have the mentality to just kill the defense every play. Cause he has speed that those defenders will have a hard time matching.
Reply/Quote
Ross needs to be the exclusive punt returner. So he can..........

1. Look coach! I can catch. and 2. Look coach! I can run with the ball.
Reply/Quote
I actually like the idea of spreading them out more, I think. Gio, Eifert, 3 receivers, motion...someone is gonna be open. Speaking of which, Gio can run more than one route. I'd like to see some more flexibility from him in the passing game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 03:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Ross needs to be the exclusive punt returner.  So he can..........

1. Look coach! I can catch.  and 2. Look coach! I can run with the ball.

I think it's a great idea. Something has to get his head in the game.
Reply/Quote
Ross did return 4 Kickoff returns for TDS in college.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 03:16 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Ross needs to be the exclusive punt returner.  So he can..........

What? Give up on the AMAZING Erickson returning 12 yards per? Perish the thought!  Nobody is thinking maybe Ross might fumble punts? 
Nah.. Could never happen... He's too sure handed  .  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lazor does use 2 TE sets. Not all the time. Lazor knows what he is doing. Under Zampese team started with worst NFL offense since 1930's. Lazor came in, got wins out of these sad sacks. Changes in off season. Lazors first training camps. Bengals scored most points to start season in team history. That's a huge turnaround from how awful Bengals were starting last year. I see all our TE's catching passes, so Lazor mixes it up pretty good.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Only if he can prove it in practice first.

Then Erickson moves up the receiver board in Ross's place.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 05:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: John Ross is the one running the vert.  Mellow

if Ross runs down field....

someone pls tell him to...
TURN HIS HEAD AROUND & LOOK FOR THE DAMN BALL
Reply/Quote